Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Premier Division 2019/20

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    I don't think the dividing of a division is a bad idea, but how they managed to mess up the fixturing is beyond me.
    A team should have 5 home and 6 away in the first phase (or vice versa), and 5 home and 5 away in the championship phase.
    A total of 10 home and 11 away for some and the other way around for others.
    After that, if people want to complain about some clubs having one more home game than others they can get stuffed.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    I don't think the dividing of a division is a bad idea, but how they managed to mess up the fixturing is beyond me.
    A team should have 5 home and 6 away in the first phase (or vice versa), and 5 home and 5 away in the championship phase.
    A total of 10 home and 11 away for some and the other way around for others.
    After that, if people want to complain about some clubs having one more home game than others they can get stuffed.
    Shearer, two teams in the premier had just 4 home games and seven away. There was definitely no thought put into it. But looking at kilmallocks results last night their is definitely need for change. Maybe be a 10 team league.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennycon View Post
    Shearer, two teams in the premier had just 4 home games and seven away. There was definitely no thought put into it.
    It's mind boggling as to how the fixturing was made a mess of. The changing works more in the favour of the bigger clubs (who now only have to play the other contenders twice) more than the lesser clubs (who will now have to play Pike and co. more than once).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Shane Clarke to Aisling Annacotty, huge.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Shane Clarke to Aisling Annacotty, huge.
    Huge ??? I think it’s perfect timing, he’s passed he’s best. I am shocked the manager signed him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Huge ??? I think it’s perfect timing, he’s passed he’s best. I am shocked the manager signed him.
    Shane Clarke (who is only around 29) scored 45 goals last season - 7 less than Jonathan Grant and 17 more than Arron Nunan. He was playing for the Irish Amateurs as lately as May in a Jersey Tournament that they won.
    While I might concede that he is not as good as he used to be, I think that saying he's passed it is over the top. He's grabbed two goals in the two games he's played this season also.
    Aisling Annacotty have 0 points and 1 goal after 3 games, and so to say that they should have passed up on one of (if not the) most prolific striker(s) is outrageous.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Massive signing for Aisling which will shock the football fraternity,obviously Aisling are throwing huge resources at this so Clarke will be under immense pressure to justify the whole thing and so will Aisling mgt.Top striker in the country but does not mean this marriage will be a success,if it is a success Aisling could be a force to be reckoned with.Strange he left so early in the season and was he not captain of Janesboro?,.....then again Simply Red I,m talking bout money ..money.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Shane Clarke (who is only around 29) scored 45 goals last season - 7 less than Jonathan Grant and 17 more than Arron Nunan. He was playing for the Irish Amateurs as lately as May in a Jersey Tournament that they won.
    While I might concede that he is not as good as he used to be, I think that saying he's passed it is over the top. He's grabbed two goals in the two games he's played this season also.
    Aisling Annacotty have 0 points and 1 goal after 3 games, and so to say that they should have passed up on one of (if not the) most prolific striker(s) is outrageous.
    Shearer you probably need to read slowly, where did I say he was passed it?? And where did I say the manager should have passed up on it , according to the managers (mike ahern) interview last week AA were a club that didn’t believe in going down the route of some clubs in limerick paying players if you haven’t seen it I’ll send it on to you, he actually mentions it several times that’s why I said I was shocked he sign him. Also Finishing ahead of Aaron nunan isn’t a huge compliment. He is a very good player and will score for AA and best of luck to him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    Massive signing for Aisling which will shock the football fraternity,obviously Aisling are throwing huge resources at this so Clarke will be under immense pressure to justify the whole thing and so will Aisling mgt.Top striker in the country but does not mean this marriage will be a success,if it is a success Aisling could be a force to be reckoned with.Strange he left so early in the season and was he not captain of Janesboro?,.....then again Simply Red I,m talking bout money ..money.
    Oh my God.Pot Kettle Black.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Shearer you probably need to read slowly, where did I say he was passed it?? And where did I say the manager should have passed up on it , according to the managers (mike ahern) interview last week AA were a club that didn’t believe in going down the route of some clubs in limerick paying players if you haven’t seen it I’ll send it on to you, he actually mentions it several times that’s why I said I was shocked he sign him. Also Finishing ahead of Aaron nunan isn’t a huge compliment. He is a very good player and will score for AA and best of luck to him.
    Ah Jesus I'm sorry about that Kenny I'll put my hands up and say I read it wrong.

I'd agree that he's past his best but the level he's at now is still better than most.

I also thought the part where you said you were surprised the manager signed him was in reference to him being past it.
    I saw the interview with the AA manager and I 1000% agree with you, it was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the news this morning. After moaning in an interview only to do a massive 180° only days later is laughable.

My reference to Nunan was only due to him being the third top scorer last season.

In hindsight I fully agree with your post.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    It's hard to believe that this thread is about Junior soccer.
    I'll update this next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    What does that mean

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ah Jesus I'm sorry about that Kenny I'll put my hands up and say I read it wrong.

I'd agree that he's past his best but the level he's at now is still better than most.

I also thought the part where you said you were surprised the manager signed him was in reference to him being past it.
    I saw the interview with the AA manager and I 1000% agree with you, it was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the news this morning. After moaning in an interview only to do a massive 180° only days later is laughable.

My reference to Nunan was only due to him being the third top scorer last season.

In hindsight I fully agree with your post.
    Not a problem lad , dines blowing hot and cold

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Didn't make a game today unfortunately.

Pike Rovers 4-1 Coonagh United
    Ballynanty Rovers 1-0 Prospect Priory
    Geraldines 1-4 Regional United
    Nenagh 0-3 Fairview Rangers
    Janesboro 2-0 Mungret Regional
    Kilmallock United 2-5 Aisling Annacotty

Not a problem lad , dines blowing hot and cold
    Cheers Kenny. I see that, former Glin Rovers man Paul Sheahan has hit the ground running for Regional United with another two today against the Dines.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Regional off to a very good start after losing so many players, Fairview back to winning ways but I think pike will be too strong when the they add the limerick lads

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Regional off to a very good start after losing so many players, Fairview back to winning ways but I think pike will be too strong when the they add the limerick lads
    One particular Limerick player who planned on going back to Junior for the off-season is unlikely to kick a ball for a good while after the events of Saturday night's game.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    What exactly happened shearer. Cameras didn’t pick it up

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistinianlad View Post
    What exactly happened shearer. Cameras didn’t pick it up
    https://twitter.com/Dtrpromo/status/...355463168?s=19

I'm hearing that the steward might have taken a bit of a dive but that's not the point, still shouldn't be placing your hands on a steward.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I witnessed the same guy do something similar whilst playing gah a few years back. Unfortunately his temperament lets him down.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Any word on the Oscar traynor situation. Will l the boro enter it again?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast