Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers 2019 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Delighted to see dean go to bray, might get down to see him a bit, good finish to the season for bray and he could be up front for rovers next year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Mark McCrystal has signed for Derry from Crusaders.
    Doing some sort of coaching role along with it. I'd imagine he'll be backup just.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Mark McCrystal has signed for Derry from Crusaders.
    Doing some sort of coaching role along with it. I'd imagine he'll be backup just.
    thought he had long retired. what age is he now? its a hell of a long time since he was with ye?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Cork have signed Mark O'Sullivan again.

That's funny enough really..
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post

sign of desparation for them.

we have signed dylan grimes from sheriff yc. he played for shels for a short spell before hand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    kevin knight has returned to cabinteely after his brief spell with us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post

It was some day with Cork indeed, Comerford leaving while 6 months into a 2 year deal, then the arrival of a 36 yo striker to replace Cummins.

And yet they saw fit to issue a statement on the RTE podcast, maybe I missed something but it sounded a fair take on their current situation, not like the journalist was slagging them off.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    It was some day with Cork indeed, Comerford leaving while 6 months into a 2 year deal, then the arrival of a 36 yo striker to replace Cummins.

And yet they saw fit to issue a statement on the RTE podcast, maybe I missed something but it sounded a fair take on their current situation, not like the journalist was slagging them off.
    That podcast was edited heavily only a few hours after it was released, it included some very unfair comments on current board members and some massive factual inaccuracies about the financial situation at the club. Calling Spillane a journalist is very generous. A journalist would at least do some fact checking. Basically he was saying the old board were great, this new board are all college kids and they cut the budget massively and don't know what they are doing. He also threw out a comment saying the chairman was lying on local radio about how large the budget cut was. The budget was set by the previous "experienced" board, of which only one member remains and while it was reduced it was not reduced to the extent Spillane suggested, it also included a very optimistic crowd estimate for the season which was never going to be met unless we were running away with the league, FORAS members called this out at the AGM before the new board was elected. With results as they are, and crowds down so much, the board are cutting back where they can.

Marky is probably not the player he once was but hell be up for a scrap at the bottom of the table, something a lot of our players haven't shown much this year.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    The standards of journalism in this country is beyond bad, the problem is most of them are part-time eejits one step up from a loo la on boards.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Totally agree. The standard bearer being Joe.ie. Some of the stuff passing as journalism is a step below tabloid.
    The likes of Cawley being touted as some sort of savant is really disappointing from the National broadcaster too. I didn't hear the original podcast so can't comment on the specifics of that..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Statement from CCFC BOM and apology from Spillane:
    https://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2019/...of-management/

14. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    Statement from CCFC BOM and apology from Spillane:
    https://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2019/...of-management/
    Has he been released yet?

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    That podcast was edited heavily only a few hours after it was released, it included some very unfair comments on current board members and some massive factual inaccuracies about the financial situation at the club. Calling Spillane a journalist is very generous. A journalist would at least do some fact checking. Basically he was saying the old board were great, this new board are all college kids and they cut the budget massively and don't know what they are doing. He also threw out a comment saying the chairman was lying on local radio about how large the budget cut was. The budget was set by the previous "experienced" board, of which only one member remains and while it was reduced it was not reduced to the extent Spillane suggested, it also included a very optimistic crowd estimate for the season which was never going to be met unless we were running away with the league, FORAS members called this out at the AGM before the new board was elected. With results as they are, and crowds down so much, the board are cutting back where they can.

Marky is probably not the player he once was but hell be up for a scrap at the bottom of the table, something a lot of our players haven't shown much this year.
    Oh right, prob explains a lot, the version I heard wasn't too wild but he did comment on the board thing ok, maybe in hindsight he should have just said 'things are challenging'

O'Sullivan was a player who caused DFC plenty of problems in the past, I was always pleased to see him on the bench, hopefully he can get you a few goals still.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    hopefully he can get you a few goals still.
    You know the rivalry is officially over when dundalk fans hope a cork player can score a few goals.

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Oh right, prob explains a lot, the version I heard wasn't too wild but he did comment on the board thing ok, maybe in hindsight he should have just said 'things are challenging'

O'Sullivan was a player who caused DFC plenty of problems in the past, I was always pleased to see him on the bench, hopefully he can get you a few goals still.
    I shouldn't be positive about such a signing, but Marky has proved time and time again with us that if you don't have a game plan, he's your man! If he's 75% of the player he was with us, it'll be a 100% improvement.
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    I shouldn't be positive about such a signing, but Marky has proved time and time again with us that if you don't have a game plan, he's your man! If he's 75% of the player he was with us, it'll be a 100% improvement.
    The problem was that with 'Marky' the only game plan was humping the ball up I the air

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    The problem was that with 'Marky' the only game plan was humping the ball up I the air
    It was only a problem for the defenders around him.
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

23. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    You know the rivalry is officially over when dundalk fans hope a cork player can score a few goals.
    Its hard to know whether to laugh or cry, especially when the signing of a 36 year old intermediate player is greeted with such hope and optimism by the Cork faithful.

I hope Cork recover to challenge again, but fear it could be some time before it happens.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Jack Doherty is coming back to Longford from Wexford for a second spell apparently. I’d have said we needed a more out and out striker but he’s a good player when fit and motivated which he appears to have been so far this season.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Its hard to know whether to laugh or cry, especially when the signing of a 36 year old intermediate player is greeted with such hope and optimism by the Cork faithful.

I hope Cork recover to challenge again, but fear it could be some time before it happens.
    I love the guy and you'll always get maximum commitment and effort from him, but as you say he's 36 and coming back from intermediate level. Shows how bad things are this year.

It could take years to get back to where we've been the last few season's. Getting through a round in Europe and potential money from the rangers tie could help towards that.

Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast