Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2017/18

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legend23 View Post
    Lads just to inform ye all about our situation and this decision wasn't easy to make but we the committee of blarney street have decided to take a year out from the league.
    It is yer own fault . Why did ye sack Paulie C ? Ye did nothing since then. That's 3 teams now gone out of last years Premier . Some joke. Like I said before too many teams competing for the same players. Maybe clubs will now start looking at joining together rather than disappearing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    MSL 1st Division team looking for friendly game Saturday Or Sunday Willing have pitch and referee already organized if interested PM before Wednesday

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    It is yer own fault . Why did ye sack Paulie C ? Ye did nothing since then. That's 3 teams now gone out of last years Premier . Some joke. Like I said before too many teams competing for the same players. Maybe clubs will now start looking at joining together rather than disappearing
    The aul should look to bring you on board u could help stop the ship from sinking. Theres 40+ players between grattan and knocka i reckon come last week of august therell be some exodous from both those clubs.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pass pass pass View Post
    The aul should look to bring you on board u could help stop the ship from sinking. Theres 40+ players between grattan and knocka i reckon come last week of august therell be some exodous from both those clubs.
    Thank you for the vote of confidence even if you were trying to be a smartass . There is nothing can stop the AUL ship from sinking . Clubs blaming the AUL . AUL blaming the clubs . As for the 40 plus players between both clubs it will be grand for pre season but you are right they fellas not getting a game will jump ship at end of August

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    Thank you for the vote of confidence even if you were trying to be a smartass . There is nothing can stop the AUL ship from sinking . Clubs blaming the AUL . AUL blaming the clubs . As for the 40 plus players between both clubs it will be grand for pre season but you are right they fellas not getting a game will jump ship at end of August
    Not trying to be smart at all. You seem to have a few ideas and a broad knowledge of both senior and junior football. See all these clubs survived no problem for years so what has really changed? Heard bohs are in real trouble aswell even castleview seniors are struggling. Cork football is an absolute shambles imo.

FORMERLY: Donnie Darko
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    This is exactly why the likes of Park have been so successful. Only one team down there and they all pull together and fight for the jersey. Too many teams in Cork, especially across the north side. Players have their pick of what club they want, they don't like it and they can go elsewhere. Talent gets diluted and diluted until 2nd team players become 1st team players and they start getting hammered week in week out. No one wants that. Too many AUL leagues doesn't help either. What is it? 7 leagues? Teams get promoted when they don't want to and don't go up when they do.

Met a manager the other day, said a player said he would sign if he got work. He got him work, the player signed for another club. Zero loyalty. Nothing would surprise you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kearney View Post
    This is exactly why the likes of Park have been so successful. Only one team down there and they all pull together and fight for the jersey. Too many teams in Cork, especially across the north side. Players have their pick of what club they want, they don't like it and they can go elsewhere. Talent gets diluted and diluted until 2nd team players become 1st team players and they start getting hammered week in week out. No one wants that. Too many AUL leagues doesn't help either. What is it? 7 leagues? Teams get promoted when they don't want to and don't go up when they do.

Met a manager the other day, said a player said he would sign if he got work. He got him work, the player signed for another club. Zero loyalty. Nothing would surprise you.
    But you were 1 of the spice boys to leave Kilumney when the ship was Sinking and how many teams since then have you signed for so people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by injurytime View Post
    But you were 1 of the spice boys to leave Kilumney when the ship was Sinking and how many teams since then have you signed for so people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...
    hahaha - spice boys, I like it. I gave Killumney 5 years and we won plenty of trophies. How many players in Cork have given 1 team 5 years straight? Very little I would imagine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    hahaha - spice boys, I like it. I gave Killumney 5 years and we won plenty of trophies. How many players in Cork have given 1 team 5 years straight? Very little I would imagine.
    Dont be acting the Hero im sure their is a lot of players who played for a club for 5 years...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Dont be acting the Hero im sure their is a lot of players who played for a club for 5 years...
    You made a point about me jumping from a sinking ship. Don't make statements without facts. 5years at a junior club is a lot. Especially these days and sure you know that better than anyone fella

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    You made a point about me jumping from a sinking ship. Don't make statements without facts. 5years at a junior club is a lot. Especially these days and sure you know that better than anyone fella
    Stand by my statement Kilumney were showing upto Games with 7 or 8 Players dragging clubs out of Bed on A Sunday morning and only to be told games off went on for 6-7 weeks..

If you were that loyal you would of played out the season and give club a hand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Stand by my statement Kilumney were showing upto Games with 7 or 8 Players dragging clubs out of Bed on A Sunday morning and only to be told games off went on for 6-7 weeks..

If you were that loyal you would of played out the season and give club a hand
    I can't take the blame for a team not fielding players when I wasn't with them anymore. As I said, 5 years shows more than enough loyalty despite what you may think and obvious grudge. The team was very successful for long periods, not many clubs do that either. They are starting up again which is great to see. Why are you so concerned with junior football anyways?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    League sections up on website http://www.corkaul.com/2017/08/leagu...17-18.html?m=1
    Look very interesting

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Premier League
    Carrigtwohill United A
    Coachford
    Glenthorn Celtic A
    Grattan United A
    Innishvilla A
    Knocknaheeney Celtic A
    Lakewood Athletic A
    Pearse Celtic A
    Village United A

Premier A League
    Bohemians
    Buttevant A
    Crescent Athletic
    Greenwood A
    Kanturk
    Leeview Athletic A
    Macroom A
    Rylane Celtic
    St. John Bosco A

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Mossie Linnane Groups

GROUP A

Village Utd
    Glenthorn Celtic A
    Crescent Ath
    Lakewood Ath A

GROUP B

Bohemians
    Carrigtwohill Utd A
    Leeview Ath A
    Grattan Utd A
    St John Boscos A

GROUP C

Coachford
    Greenwood A
    Innishvilla A
    Maroom A
    Pearse Celtic A

GROUP D

Buttevant A
    Kanturk
    Knocknaheeny Celtic A
    Rylane Celtic.

JoséConté
    Do these groups not seem similar to last years? AUL taking the lazy approach?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Last years group as below

MOSSIE LINNANE LEAGUE CUP SECTIONS
    SECTION A
    Blarney St Ath
    Crescent Ath
    Glenthorn Celtic
    Lakewood Ath
    Park Utd

SECTION B
    Bohemians
    Carrigtwohill Utd
    Dillons Cross Ath
    Grattan Utd
    Springfield

SECTION C
    Coachford
    Greenwood
    Innishvilla
    Macroom
    Peaarse Celtic

SECTION D
    Glen Celtic
    Kanturk
    Knocknaheeny Celtic
    Rylane Celtic

Village Utd.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Ah that's just ridiculous. The groups are practically the same. The teams that got relegated or left the AUL have been replaced by the prompted teams. Village the only team to move into a different group.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftside View Post
    Ah that's just ridiculous. The groups are practically the same. The teams that got relegated or left the AUL have been replaced by the prompted teams. Village the only team to move into a different group.
    Why would you expect anything different? Its virtually the same every year with the odd change. If they had to re-do the groups that would could into pints time

JoséConté
    Speaks Volumes. How unprofessional can you get - no wonder why teams are folding and going MSL.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast