Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: David Forde

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    I think Stu meant that Forde being described as a competent championship player doesn't mean he can't be a Celtic target, as Celtic have bought Championship players in the past.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    I know what he meant, but then he should say it...
    Regardless of that DF still isn't good enough IMO.

Ireland, maybe as a reserve, but if he's our 'best', it's a poor state of affairs.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    Prompted by Boruc's howler against Arsenal, Peter Schmeichel made some interesting comments on MOTD2 last night. He said that a keeper's only consideration when receiving a back pass under a bit of pressure is to get the ball clear. He says there is too much pressure on keepers today to be seen to be accurate with their clearances. I just thought that this was interesting in context of discussion on Forde's kicking.

I think Lloris's kicking was called into scrutiny yesterday too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Under pressure fair enough, the most important thing is to get rid of it. Forde's kicking is poor even when under no major pressure though, same with Lloris for the first goal yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Osarusan, you would be proud i met with Takayuki Ishimori a few weeks ago. We talked soccer a bit.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    Osarusan, you would be proud i met with Takayuki Ishimori a few weeks ago. We talked soccer a bit.
    I have no idea who that is.

7. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    I could be way off, but knowing the way Crosby is, I'd imagine its just some random Jap with a small following for some obscure reason, which would be lost on most here.

Edit: looks like he is some mayor Takayuki Ishimori

Ok so not some obscure guy with a small following, but the point still stands, its just Crosby being Crosby trying to be funny :P I thought it was funny anyway.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Scurrilous Derry chit chat.
    Lennon hasn't had a touchline ban this season. A Lennon can change his spots.
    Lennon turned Zen-non? Pah - easy done when the SPL is a pressure free zone. He's going soft.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeeBhoy View Post
    I know what he meant, but then he should say it...
    Regardless of that DF still isn't good enough IMO.

Ireland, maybe as a reserve, but if he's our 'best', it's a poor state of affairs.
    Well if you knew what I meant then you should have addressed the point made instead of being unnecessarily facetious about how I wrote it.

But I think it is fair to say that competent Championship players are exactly the type of player that Celtic do and should go after. Of course, Forster himself was signed from a team that had just been promoted from League One after having been sent there and around the lower divisions on loan. Turned out okay.

As I said initially, Fordes age is the only thing that would cause me to question the value of the deal from Celtics perspective. His ability is where it needs to be for a team like Celtic.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Except Forde's no Forster.
    And never will be...

Thanks, but no thanks.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Ive talked about the mayor with Osarusan before, he must have been blacked out. He went the the U Osa teaches at. Im not quite as dumb as you all would have me be. Well, maybe.

Anyway More Forde to Celtic talk: Tims on the fence.
    http://www.irishcentral.com/IrishVoi...233695901.html
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    Ive talked about the mayor with Osarusan before, he must have been blacked out. He went the the U Osa teaches at. Im not quite as dumb as you all would have me be. Well, maybe.
    Indeed you did, and indeed he did. I had forgotten about it (probably just looked him up when you asked me six months ago).

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeeBhoy View Post
    Except Forde's no Forster.
    And never will be...

Thanks, but no thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Well if you knew what I meant then you should have addressed the point made instead of being unnecessarily facetious about how I wrote it.

But I think it is fair to say that competent Championship players are exactly the type of player that Celtic do and should go after. Of course, Forster himself was signed from a team that had just been promoted from League One after having been sent there and around the lower divisions on loan. Turned out okay.

As I said initially, Fordes age is the only thing that would cause me to question the value of the deal from Celtics perspective. His ability is where it needs to be for a team like Celtic.
    Ardee, Forde might not be a Forster but he isn't without his faults either. He has performed brilliantly in his high profile games for Celtic (i.e. CL) but his distribution on the deck is far from perfect. Domestically he does well but makes the odd error from time to time (as do all keepers). I guess the point is If/When Forster leaves, Celtic will not be replacing like for like, that is not the Celtic model now (as you well know), he will be sold for a decent profit and we will try and pick up either a young gem or experienced older keeper at a fraction of the cost who can do a job for us. Remember when we signed him it was after two seasons on loan with us (prior to that he had been on loan at various League 1 / Championship teams. We then signed him for £2m. I'm sure Celtic would be looking for in excess of £5m for him may be a few million more now that he has his England Cap!!!

I haven't seen anything of Forde for Millwall, just his Ireland appearances and he looks decent enough to me - certainly someone Celtic could possibly be looking at even if he is not the next up and coming superstar keeper.
    Last edited by Junior; 02/12/2013 at 8:56 PM. Reason: couple of typos
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    What is Forster's contract situation and what, if any, clubs is he being actually linked with?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    What is Forster's contract situation and what, if any, clubs is he being actually linked with?
    I heard Millwall are keeping tabs in case Forde leaves.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    I heard Millwall are keeping tabs in case Forde leaves.
    I think he'd fit in well there. Particularly if Celtic succeed in prising David Forde away, Forster will be surplus to requirements.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Well, Forster has managed to get himself a place in the England squad and earned his first cap recently against Chile. That was largely on the back of some magnificent CL Group stage performances over the last two seasons. Celtic are now out of Europe until next July when the inevitable CL Qualifiers will start again. Meanwhile there is a plane headed for RIO and I'm certain Forster will be determined to grab himself a ticket. I'm not sure 6 months of Scottish domestic action will ensure that happens and so a January Transfer could well be on the cards (though that would be a players request not a Celtic desire).

He signed a 4 year deal in Jun 2012 - So that, as well as his fine form and now international status should ensure a hefty fee would be required. However the only things I have read have been tabloid rumours such as the two Manchester clubs eyeing him up and Benfica back in the summer.

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

21. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    With all due respect to Forster, he's not on the Manchester clubs' radar. He's a good goalkeeper who probably needs another couple of years at Celtic or a Championship/lower EPL club before he might be able to trouble a top side. Even then, he's probably not that good.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    You are probably right with regards the Manchester clubs but lets not forget Forster is currently the challenger in waiting for Harts England number one spot. He could comfortably play for a Premiership side, outwith the top few sides perhaps. It just whether a vacancy arises.

Anyway, Fordes connection with Celtic is probably more to do with him being Irish than anything Lennon has seen in him that he likes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Do you have any idea where the previous challengers-in-waiting to the England shirt are playing? Foster is injured right now but probably wouldn't oust Myhill on current form, while Scott Carson, Paul Robinson and Robert Green are all in the Championship.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast