Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Doherty D Wolves b.1992

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    and is doing very well. As are Ward and Hunt. Doyle not at the races. Had an excellent chance to score shortly after the 1st goal but just messed it up. Not sure what he was playing at actually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    and is doing very well. As are Ward and Hunt. Doyle not at the races. Had an excellent chance to score shortly after the 1st goal but just messed it up. Not sure what he was playing at actually.
    That was a bit awkward for Doyle but I still though he should've done better and then he shot when he should've pulled it back to Henry. Apparently Wolves looked a completely different team in the second half which is when I tuned in.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    same - had a late start this morning and only caught the 2nd half.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Doherty was a definite improvement on Stearman, who was caught miles out of position on several occasions. I think he was bamboozled by the wingers and Suarez a couple of times but he's hardly the only one who will be this season. He definitely wasn't overwhelmed. I think he'll start the next game if Foley doesn't recover.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Doherty did very well by all accounts and with any luck will be in ahead of Stearman, who has been woeful in the last two games, against Newcastle on Saturday.

He's meant to be a Big Lad who gets up the line well, so fits with Traps love for tall fullbacks and obviously is very highly rated considering that McCarthy has hardly given any young kids a chance, preferring them to have 50-100 games experience on loan, similar to his buying policy.

A few comments on him below.

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=63661

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/...-matt-doherty/

On another note Wardy played well as well, however Doyler simply doesn't look with it at the momment. His body language looks completely disinterested and verging on sullen. He may have an injury, however I have a worry that his head has been turned by potential transfer talk. Irrespective, he needs to concentrate on scoring goals, which he hasn't done effectively for the past season and a half, as this is the only thing that will get him the move he appears to desire. Especially as it is more than likely that he will be dropped for Fletcher, who is a lot more potent threat these days, if we play 4-5-1 more often. His loss of form is a big worry at the moment.
    "The richest man in the world is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least"

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Looks like he could get the nod on saturday
    Boss: Doherty In The Frame

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Irish Wolf View Post
    , however Doyler simply doesn't look with it at the momment. His body language looks completely disinterested and verging on sullen. He may have an injury, however I have a worry that his head has been turned by potential transfer talk. Irrespective, he needs to concentrate on scoring goals, which he hasn't done effectively for the past season and a half, as this is the only thing that will get him the move he appears to desire. Especially as it is more than likely that he will be dropped for Fletcher, who is a lot more potent threat these days, if we play 4-5-1 more often. His loss of form is a big worry at the moment.
    I dont think that has anything to do with it, he has also just signed a new contract, what I believe is since the Trap affair(like many players before him), he looks unassured and frustrated. He doesn't look his usual self, his demeanour, body language have even changed. Doyle was always chest out shoulders back kinda guy, I haven't seen any of that since the whole thing with Trap started. I thought the first game back he looked fine, but since the little spat with Trap he has regressed. Doyle appears a fairly shy, unassuming player, probably one who needs re-assuring rather than being told he has a problem. I really think that has effected him. Using that approach with some players is fine, probably someone like joey barton who would turn the negative into a positive for himself, but someone like Doyler I reckon is far more effected by this, probably questioning himself. Trap I think in general needs to be a little more tactful a littles(yes i meant that) less benitez and more Mick Mccarthy.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    I dont think that has anything to do with it, he has also just signed a new contract, what I believe is since the Trap affair(like many players before him), he looks unassured and frustrated. He doesn't look his usual self, his demeanour, body language have even changed. Doyle was always chest out shoulders back kinda guy, I haven't seen any of that since the whole thing with Trap started. I thought the first game back he looked fine, but since the little spat with Trap he has regressed. Doyle appears a fairly shy, unassuming player, probably one who needs re-assuring rather than being told he has a problem. I really think that has effected him. Using that approach with some players is fine, probably someone like joey barton who would turn the negative into a positive for himself, but someone like Doyler I reckon is far more effected by this, probably questioning himself. Trap I think in general needs to be a little more tactful a littles(yes i meant that) less benitez and more Mick Mccarthy.
    By the same dint, shouldn't Doyle redouble his efforts at club level if that really is the problem? He has a job to do for Wolves, if he's letting a disagreement with Trap make him look sullen and disinterested, he should get his head right. As should any player in that position.

I'd have Doyle pegged as the kind of player who would return to club level looking to prove Trap completely wrong. He doesn't strike me as a sulker, and never appears particularly shy on the pitch. So not convinced that's the only reason. Either way he'll get back on it like the top striker he is, I'm sure.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    The spat with Trap is tabloid nonsense. Trap's comments were ill-advised (you could say that about a lot of what he says) but he clearly values Doyle immensely and Doyle's not the type of player to get bent out of shape over one disagreement. He's clearly been suffering with a series of niggling injuries and really should have had a rest by now.

11. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    His niggling injuries have nothing to do with how he reacted when taken off in DUblin and Russia. He is clearly not happy and said as much when asked about Trap saying mentally he wasn't right.

Did people not see his reaction when he came off against Russia? And to a lesser extent against SLovakia?

Ya agreed on that part SvD, Im not saying its the only factor, but i definitely think there is an element to it.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Well he deserved to be taken off in those games and Cox improved the team on both occasions when he came on. His frustration was likely with himself.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Nah!! There was some thinly veiled remarks recorded on radio about it. Not quite outright descent but it was obvious he wasn't happy with trapps comments about his fitness and state of mind.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Well he's hardly proved him wrong then, has he?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Loan move to Hibs arranged at the eleventh hour, so back under the tutelage of P. Fenlon

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20...262950_2595802

Will probably go straight into the side.

Roy O'Donovan also gone up there from Coventry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freewheel30 View Post
    Loan move to Hibs arranged at the eleventh hour, so back under the tutelage of P. Fenlon

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20...262950_2595802

Will probably go straight into the side.

Roy O'Donovan also gone up there from Coventry.
    Did Rhys Murphy join them too?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Think he went to Preston..
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Nice piece of business by Nutsy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    Will turn out to be great experience for Doherty. I think Mick really fancies him. Fair play to Nutsy though, he has acquired some decent players over the transfer window. Should be enough to keep them up. Tom Soares could be excellent signing too in my opinion. Could be one of those players who scores for fun in Scotland.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I think Mick really fancies him.

23. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Looks to be on fire 2nite V Dunfirmline . . . . .goal and an assist in 1st half. Hibs 3 up and guaranteed of safety

25. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast