Page 317 of 402 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,340 of 8039

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    Ah Tina, he was a decent player for Rovers, played in the Euro team, mad cúnt though
    Talent to burn.

Til he burnt it.

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/oth...vour-1.4295774

Good piece in the times about the morton stadium , I never took to it as a football ground.
    Hated it with a passion. Only good thing about it was it was easy to find it! There was never an atmosphere from the numerous matches i went to !
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    My few experiences of Morton is where I can empathise with away supporters in Oriel. While its a nice tidy terrace where away fans were put, there always seemed to be a gale with torrential rain blowing in to yer face. Having one ticket kisok open for a large number of fans was the norm too so it took an age to get in to the place.

I agree on Chris Turner, he could have had a top class career in Engald with a better general attitude.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Well, yeah. 72 years left on it. Hopefully PEAK6 actually do knock down some things!

I don't think history will be kind to Matthews at all, even though he put a lot into the club. The way it ended, over the last couple of seasons, and some of the other things, will taint it. Hiring Sean Connor (especially after the treatment of Gill) was the start of it really, that 2009 season left us in a hole.

Still shouldn't be forgotten what he did. On the football side got us back into the PD (and by a large stroke of luck Europe), and a cup final which at the time was huge for us.

Probably isn't given enough credit for the facilities side of it. Built the Shed, toilets and extra dressing rooms in the ground, seats in the ground, put a new roof on the stand, built the club shop and offices, the sponsors lounge, the YDC (ok you can talk about the rates etc but it's now a very valuable asset to the club), put in the entrance and roadway around the ground and the underground carpark obviously.
    I wouldn't be too generous to him re: toilets! I know away fans are the last consideration for every club, but the lack of away toilets has probably cost Dundalk more money than it would have cost to build them. I'm not going to blame the club for that as I know you've had multiple owners, but I always think it's odd when clubs don't do everything they can to bring willing payers in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    This has probably been a loss of revenue for Dundalk for years now, any sort of bad weather and away fans will not travel in big numbers, there are 200 seats kept free in stand for away fans, but I get it loads will prefer to stand.

Stick a damn roof on guys, both sides of the stand, it can't be too hard, or expensive, yes the away toilets were built, but at least 5 years late.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    This has probably been a loss of revenue for Dundalk for years now, any sort of bad weather and away fans will not travel in big numbers, there are 200 seats kept free in stand for away fans, but I get it loads will prefer to stand.

Stick a damn roof on guys, both sides of the stand, it can't be too hard, or expensive, yes the away toilets were built, but at least 5 years late.
    Thats wot we should be doing imo as fair enough we have made massive improvements to our ground since mid 90s but its gas where section o was in the old days before Stephen Kenny took charge there was shelter the whole length of the sideline yet since we moved to all seater we never thought of having shelter for where we stand! Not only would that massively increase the atmosphere inside our ground but more fans would attend our matches as I strongly suspect thats the reason for our crowds dropping dramatically since mid 00s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Maybe a bit off topic here Martinho but out of interest if some roofing was put behind the goal would Section O lads consider relocating? Might help the presentation of the place to put fans on camera.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I wouldn't be too generous to him re: toilets! I know away fans are the last consideration for every club, but the lack of away toilets has probably cost Dundalk more money than it would have cost to build them. I'm not going to blame the club for that as I know you've had multiple owners, but I always think it's odd when clubs don't do everything they can to bring willing payers in.
    Just on this, I was talking about the toilets in the home section of the ground which were built, probably 10 years ago now. They were as part of a two sided building with extra dressing rooms (to be used by teams renting the pitch and sometimes the club's underage teams). Home supporters used to be without any toilets in the ground too, many used to go behind the Shed instead of walking to the stand!

Agree on away toilets. Something other than portaloos should have been put up. That's been done now, presumably they're the exact same toilets for the Shed side as for the away end in those two cabins, although I've not been in them so don't know what they're like!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    presumably they're the exact same toilets for the Shed side as for the away end in those two cabins, although I've not been in them so don't know what they're like!
    An exciting post-lockdown adventure on the cards!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Well the wall behind the Town Goal has been painted during this hiatus,Jet black, so I hope the sides of The Stand were done too. We have such high expectations for Oriel this is newsworthy...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    An exciting post-lockdown adventure on the cards!
    Ah they're there since April last year. They were painted later on.

https://twitter.com/markdevlin7/stat...491841/photo/1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Just on this, I was talking about the toilets in the home section of the ground which were built, probably 10 years ago now. They were as part of a two sided building with extra dressing rooms (to be used by teams renting the pitch and sometimes the club's underage teams). Home supporters used to be without any toilets in the ground too, many used to go behind the Shed instead of walking to the stand!

Agree on away toilets. Something other than portaloos should have been put up. That's been done now, presumably they're the exact same toilets for the Shed side as for the away end in those two cabins, although I've not been in them so don't know what they're like!
    I think the away toilets are bigger, and they have a wheelchair ramp, I heard also mod cons inside liekl two sinks and windows that open.

Noticed the wall behind the goal painted all black on photos, it will clean it up.

But for christ sake, while they consider new stand to built, words from Chairman Bill H (beleive that when I see thwe JCB's up) I can't understand why they wont put an L shape roff both sides of the stand.

The obvious place for a new stand is behind the town goal, already have the state of the art footpath there and plenty of space, unless there are plans to extend the stand both sides.

I awlays thought having two sections on the side, half the current height and use the existing entrances would be just the ticket, would probably add another 1k covered seats to the side of the ground and would look great, wouldn't effect anything behind either for obtructions.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohsmug View Post
    Maybe a bit off topic here Martinho but out of interest if some roofing was put behind the goal would Section O lads consider relocating? Might help the presentation of the place to put fans on camera.
    Yeah would consider it as I know with the peno shootout Bohsmug v Cabo last season we relocated behind the goal where the shootout took place. But the only part of the ground behind the goals thats currently in use is on the N5 side. The other end is closed due to H&S as that area has deteoriated badly. Even if it was for one half would do it no bother as the cameras do be on Section O end of ground anyway!

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    The DCC have moved the dugouts in Dalymount to the Jodi side of the pitch. Will be interesting to see if they've shifter the pitch slightly (which would include moving the posts, or narrowed it or just used the existing space on the jodi side of the pitch.

Just seen that it appears they're just using the existing space
    Last edited by RathfarnhamHoop; 24/07/2020 at 8:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I see that one of the houses that is directly in front of the forecourt at Oriel Park is up for sale. I'd love to think that the club would be quickly in to buy it with a view, over time, to own such properties that landlock the ground. In the mean time the house could be used for some players to stay rather than rent other rooms around the town. I'd reckon that the rent paid out for a 4 or 5 room house like this elsewhere if not bought outright would cover the cost of a mortgage so no real change in cost to the club!?

*Back garden is big enough to add to the forecourt straight away - im sure other neighbours would be delighted at the prospect.....ready made beergarden for the Lilywhite Lounge!

Last edited by Nesta99; 05/08/2020 at 9:56 PM.

18. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post

*Back garden is big enough to add to the forecourt straight away - im sure other neighbours would be delighted at the prospect.....ready made beergarden for the Lilywhite Lounge!

Cracking garden. Certainly would make a nice outdoor addition to any pub.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    A snip at only €350,000!
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    A snip at only €350,000!
    Dont ruin the dream Nigel

Its a nice house too and on the Carrick Road which is pricy in general. Sure it's only the wages of a couple of fringe players!

A 5 bed house currently in Dundalk can cost 2k a month (the only one available at the moment is 3k but looks plush!). I'm sure the club are paying premium rates to rent for some players as part of their contracts. So why not consider a mortgage instead of dead rent money out, gain the asset and it could be an added amenity of the club, especially the lounge as a proper outdoor area. If ye were ever in Kennedys beer garden on a sunny match day and ye could get some of that crowd using the Lilywhite it wouldnt be long adding to the bar takings. If Oriel is ever to be developed acquiring property around the club if or when it becomes available should be seriously looked at at least. The house beside the main entrance was up for sale a number of years ago too an additional space in that area is badly needed, and get rid of those containers used for ticket sales. Pipe dreams but not impossible or that risky either. If the money was there the derelict Derryhale Hotel should have been considered just for the carparking alone!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts
    Dundalk should defo buy it ... be nice to have an asset to sell for when it all goes tits up.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Thats the way...Hiney Park saved us in the past!!