Page 66 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2286

Thread: Mayo Association Football League

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    We asked for clarification on what the story was going to be with relegation and promotion this season and as yet have recieved no reply. It just looks like a huge argument waiting to happen at the next delegates meeting. This amoungest other things has to be sorted now to let everybody move on with their season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiehead View Post
    I dont believe that for a second. Id say 99% of people with a genunie interest in Mayo Soccer read these pages daily. Everybody on here doesnt get on all the time and we all may bicker now and again but the reason for that is that the majority of people on here have a pasion for Mayo Soccer and their own clubs. there are players on here and club officals and im pretty sure there are league officals and referees.

Its time now for everybody to wake up notice that the house is falling down!
    Pixie dont think for 1 minute that im having a go at anybody in Mayo football or defending the ML commitee. I agree 100% with everything you just said. My point was it would be more constructive to put all our gripes to the ML as well as on here. I beleive whole heartly that several people involved in Clubs around our county read all these threads and some take releif that we are discussing our problems and airing the greivences we have.....but its no good just to do it on here, it has to be relayed to the top table. 2 Clubs yes 2 Clubs from aprox 40 is all that have voiced their opinion to Mr McHale and co. You can write all you like till the cows come home on here but this is where it will stay. The only way to let the league know that there is discontent is to send a formal letter outling any issues and until this happens they will pretend to be oblivious to any problems on the ground. So once again I urge you to please get your clubs to contact the ML commitee because they are only laughing at us discussing these issues and plotting meetings and boycots on here during their coffee breaks whilst enjoying a good read.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The Westport United v Manulla cup game is put back to next Thursday due to a Manulla player getting married at the weekend.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i have to agree with many of the sentiments expressed in the later posts. one thing though that eludes me is the fact there appears to be a good few clubs represented on this forum, and as 'back n the game' suggested,why is it that as well as writing on this forum that these sentiments and feelings are related to the league secretary, surely this would result in an urgent delegates meeting or egm to set things straight. it is a shame that many feel that the sport is at a low ebb, so why dont the clubs express this to the league committee? or attend connacht fa agm on june 17th, as i recall mayo are affiliated to the connacht league.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    have any clubs signed any new players since the 1st of June?? with celtic appointing a new manager it could turn things round for them puttin pressure on other teams around them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    The Don..... PM SENT!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theboy View Post
    have any clubs signed any new players since the 1st of June?? with celtic appointing a new manager it could turn things round for them puttin pressure on other teams around them.
    Only new to this,Havent heard of any signings yet.Whats the general feeling about who is going to win the league and who will go down?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onlyonephilbabb View Post
    Only new to this,Havent heard of any signings yet.Whats the general feeling about who is going to win the league and who will go down?
    Westprt to Win the league. And Id say 4 will go down
    Youre very right theres only one Phil Babb..........Thank God!
    Welcome anyway, are you going to reveal your colours?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etoo View Post
    Manulla are the holders pixie so you might be eating your hat.
    Westport Utd.
    6 v 1
    Manulla

Hat is still intact Gentlemen!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Westprt to Win the league. And Id say 4 will go down
    Youre very right theres only one Phil Babb..........Thank God!
    Welcome anyway, are you going to reveal your colours?
    No Colours just a football fan,I dont have any affiliation.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodFootball View Post
    ?

Westport V Manulla is the tie of the round...holders out straight away maybe!
    Doubt it very much. Port at home and dont exactly have a poor cup record. Ill eat my hat if they lose
    Don't think you quite got this Pixie, Goodfootball predicted Manulla would lose, and you said "Doubt it very much". Manulla did indeed lose. I find if you marinate hats overnight then grill them until crispy, they are quite tasty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Ah sure can you not see from my post i ment westport would win!!! I did get a little muddled up though i must admit. Keep thinking for some reason Port are the Current holders

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    well its one way for 2 clubs to get some money back for some of the fines..... but good idea alrite.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theboy View Post
    well its one way for 2 clubs to get some money back for some of the fines..... but good idea alrite.
    These two clubs dont get fines. 300 euro wont put much of a dent in Manullas overdrawn column.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Unfortunately, the prizes are to the value of VOUCHERS, not cash. Probable vouchers for bags of lime to line the pitch or something useless like that. :O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Q

Lads two Questions if anyone can help

1) Is the transfer window only open for the month of June and then it closes?

2) Also just wondering if anyone knows were Ballyhaunis play their games. I go through the town once a week and id like to have a nose at their new set up

Cheers!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

1) Is the transfer window only open for the month of June and then it closes?

2) Also just wondering if anyone knows were Ballyhaunis play their games. I go through the town once a week and id like to have a nose at their new set up

Cheers!
    This is what the rulebook says ...but am not sure about the closing date of 31st September, we had 2 players from the Galway league sign last year but were told they had to transfer back before 31st July if they wanted to play in Galway winter league.

RULE 33. REGISTRATION/TRANSFER PERIODS FOR AMATEUR GAME
    a) The registration period for the Amateur game, other than the SFAI, shall be 1st June to the 31st
    of March inclusive for the winter season and 1st of December to the 30th of September inclusive for
    the Summer Season.
    b) The two transfer periods for the Amateur game shall be 1st June to 30th September inclusive
    and the 1st December to the 31st of January inclusive with the exception of (c) below. However, an
    Amateur Player may be signed on a Professional Contract for the Professional Game during the
    Professional Registration Periods.
    c) The transfer period for all football under the jurisdiction of the SFAI up to and including the Under 16
    grade shall be 1st August to 15th October inclusive in the current season. The registration period shall
    be as defined by the SFAI from time to time.
    d) If a player’s registration/contract expires naturally at the end of his current season (i.e 31st May
    Winter Season/ 30th November Summer Season) a Transfer Form is not required for the player to
    register with another club in another League. Players registered with clubs whose fixtures extend
    beyond the above dates are committed to these clubs until those fixtures are completed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoelM View Post
    This is what the rulebook says ...but am not sure about the closing date of 31st September, we had 2 players from the Galway league sign last year but were told they had to transfer back before 31st July if they wanted to play in Galway winter league.

RULE 33. REGISTRATION/TRANSFER PERIODS FOR AMATEUR GAME
    a) The registration period for the Amateur game, other than the SFAI, shall be 1st June to the 31st
    of March inclusive for the winter season and 1st of December to the 30th of September inclusive for
    the Summer Season.
    b) The two transfer periods for the Amateur game shall be 1st June to 30th September inclusive
    and the 1st December to the 31st of January inclusive with the exception of (c) below. However, an
    Amateur Player may be signed on a Professional Contract for the Professional Game during the
    Professional Registration Periods.
    c) The transfer period for all football under the jurisdiction of the SFAI up to and including the Under 16
    grade shall be 1st August to 15th October inclusive in the current season. The registration period shall
    be as defined by the SFAI from time to time.
    d) If a player’s registration/contract expires naturally at the end of his current season (i.e 31st May
    Winter Season/ 30th November Summer Season) a Transfer Form is not required for the player to
    register with another club in another League. Players registered with clubs whose fixtures extend
    beyond the above dates are committed to these clubs until those fixtures are completed.
    Thanks Noel
    That means really that summer soccer clubs could bring in winter soccer players mid way through the season for the remainder and have them back safe and sound for more or less the start of their winter leagues
    However if thats the case why did the Galway league tell you that?? Another ambiguous situation

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cheers!
    if you go into the road where the train station is and follow that road around to the left ,then take the second left you are there!!!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Stay on topic and non personal,if another post like the ones I binned appears I'll give a month ban to whoever posts it,don't say you weren't warned.

Page 66 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast