Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sean Connor finds someone that will employ him... but you'll never guess where!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    not a bad move ot be honest, he could have easily played in the African Champions' League in front of huge crowds. I'll give him another month or so to see how it goes .
    just like Zayed going to Iran, I think people need to realise that football isn't restricted to the English top-flight.
    another lad for the north went to Congo I think, can't find any further info. he used to be with linfield I think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchman View Post
    not a bad move ot be honest, he could have easily played in the African Champions' League in front of huge crowds. I'll give him another month or so to see how it goes .
    just like Zayed going to Iran, I think people need to realise that football isn't restricted to the English top-flight.
    another lad for the north went to Congo I think, can't find any further info. he used to be with linfield I think
    Sean O'Connor is a manager, employeed to manage a team and has been demoted/promoted to director of football.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchman View Post
    Not sure if you're talking about the same person, but was reading an article on BBC recently, about a guy who went over there to coach for a year or two. He's now back and said in the piece it was a great experience.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    After his carry-on at Bohs, it is surprising that not one but 2 clubs employed him here in ireland. Between himself and fenlon they really cost Bohs, while in Galway the damage had been done before he arrived by the crazy spending under Tony Cussins

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    After his carry-on at Bohs
    I hope it wasn't any worse than the ****e he was at in Galway and I probably only know half the stories. Repeating them here might earn somebody a letter from an often mentioned lawyer from Belfast.

while in Galway the damage had been done before he arrived by the crazy spending under Tony Cussins
    Connor did plenty of damage on his own, don't worry.
    Last edited by gufcfan; 25/04/2012 at 9:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    After his carry-on at Bohs, it is surprising that not one but 2 clubs employed him here in ireland. Between himself and fenlon they really cost Bohs, while in Galway the damage had been done before he arrived by the crazy spending under Tony Cussins
    Bohs Boards inability to control expenditure "really cost Bohs"

Some of Connors antics at Bohs (and no doubt elsewhere) were juvenile and his football and tactical awareness was awful. Add to that the worst man management I have ever seen at a football club and you have some idea of his "reign" at Dalymount. While I would happily blame him for everything from the Kennedy assasination to foot and mouth (perhaps more foot IN mouth ?) he is not responsible for our financial shambles.
    After Connor, Nutseys permanent Mr Angry was like a breath of fresh air but he did not set the budget at Bohs either.

Difference of coure, is that Fenlon won lots of things while Connor is a total spoofer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    some thing never change with Seanie "the chancer" Connor !

http://allafrica.com...1204270439.html

"Anyone who says that we train for just one hour is making a slur because we are doing everything and all we need is one result.

"We are using the same methods that could be at Chelsea or any other team in Europe.

"My training sessions are planned seven days in advance but the fans' reactions are tied to a result.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    some thing never change with Seanie "the chancer" Connor !

http://allafrica.com...1204270439.html

"Anyone who says that we train for just one hour is making a slur because we are doing everything and all we need is one result.

"We are using the same methods that could be at Chelsea or any other team in Europe.

"My training sessions are planned seven days in advance but the fans' reactions are tied to a result.
    One of the best managers in world football - if you leave aside the teams results

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    CAn't be too hard on Seanie, football isn't football the world over. I'm sure he's doing his best but he could very well not be picking his own teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    SEAN CONNOR has just one game to save his job at CAPS United after a nightmarish start in the race for the league championship with former Warriors coach Norman Mapeza set to be handed the baton should the Northern Irishman fail.

The Herald can reveal that Connor pleaded with the CAPS United directors, Twine Phiri and Farai Jere, at a crisis meeting in Harare three weeks ago, to be given three games to turn around the fortunes of the misfiring Green Machine.

The CAPS United leadership had decided to hand all the club's technical responsibilities to Lloyd Chitembwe with the Northern Irishman assuming a ceremonial role in the coaching set-up.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201205080600.html

11. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Ceremonial role? What the hell does that entail? Dancing round the training field in the nip to ward off evil spirits? Conducting group prayer sessions or Satanic rituals? Getting nailed to a tree to purge his and the club's sins? Slaughtering goats to appease the Gods?

The people have a right to know.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Ceremonial role? What the hell does that entail? Dancing round the training field in the nip to ward off evil spirits? Conducting group prayer sessions or Satanic rituals? Getting nailed to a tree to purge his and the club's sins? Slaughtering goats to appease the Gods?

The people have a right to know.
    cant speak for his current post but at Bohs he definately indulged in some if not all of the above. Allegedly.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Ceremonial role? What the hell does that entail?
    What he did in Galway mostly, absolutely **** all.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Sounds like a run of the mill LOI club, without MNS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Sounds like a run of the mill LOI club, without MNS.
    So its all first division clubs you're saying yeah?
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

17. Thanks From:

Formerly skibbereen co.cork but now Oregon USA
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    http://www.fifa.com/associations/ass...standings.html
    Looking at the league, its a very bad start, 2nd from bottom (Same as Cork City not long ago)
    west cork district league
    west cork commandos

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    A face I thought that as soon as I posted it!

It's a bit nuts to have such stuff reported like he "pleaded" for 3 games. Sounds like he wasn't a choice for the job in the first place and they want one of their own to do it. His biggest failing is that he figured it would be like a normal club, that managers/coaches pick their own teams.

Just on an aside, was it Chris O'Loughlin that was mentioned earlier - who coached in Africa. Last year I'd some feedback from him and it sounded like it was a mad situation. All things considered he did well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Sean still has a few tricks up his sleeve yet

Monday May 14 2012
    FORMER Bohemians, Dundalk and Galway United boss Sean Connor has appealed for time in his bid to save his job in Zimbabwe.
    Connor took over as manager of club side Caps United earlier this year but his team have struggled and are third from bottom in the league table, form which led to calls for his dismissal, but the Belfast man has asked for time.
    "I am from West Belfast and I am a Catholic and I am able to withstand pressure.

"I believe in fighting for what I stand for but I think the pressure that is being put on the players is too much and unfair," he said.
    "I came here to develop as a coach and manager and to develop CAPS United but I have been shocked by how difficult it has been for staff and players to change and adapt to the European ideas.
    http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/co...e-3107713.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    They're not adapting to 'European ideas'. Poor Sean, the white man's burden can be heavy one.

What's the point of mentioning that he's from West Belfast? Surely he's not trying to intimidate them? Mugabe's paramilitary thuggery trumps Provo kneecapping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Ah, the old "I'm from West Belfast" line. A Seanie classic.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast