Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI Promotion Activities

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I'm suspecting she decided she did'nt have enough of an issue with it to bother making it into an issue.
    I know we had a LC match a couple of years ago where we wanted to do free in for kids (warning ..second hand info) and were refused by the visiting club because they took the view it woudl hurt the gate.
    my understanding is that any change in admission price (for shared gates) has to be agreed between the teams and ratified by the FAI.Seriously doubt the last part is ever pursued but former wold be usual practice. Not sure if this procedure is a regulation or just common practice.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Yeah, woudlnt agree myself as clubs do their scouting and knkw exactly what way teams line out but you'd be surprised at the amount of managers who won't allow their clubs media teams do things like that. Sure Tony cousins wouldn't let the club do match previews if there was team news in them, even if a fella was out for weeks he didn't want it public knowledge. Dinosaur.
    I could understand it if footage of every game wasn't being shared with all the other clubs and clubs didn't have scouts at every other game but really you can watch 10 minutes of a game and tell what formation they're playing. Having a formation before highlights really isn't an advantage for opposition these days, especially since they're wrong half the time, but they do help new fans learn the players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    TBH i don't think there is any benefit to the opposition teams with the social media team at Rovers showing the positions players are set up in as a graphic pre match as it is often wrong.
    Classic example would be where they get Sean Kavanaghs position wrong as he can play in multiple positions.
    Also i cant remember which match it was but the "line up positions" had us in 4 4 2 and we were playing 352
    I suspect it is just the Rovers social media guy getting the team line up (which the oppo manager gets anyway) and then predicting the formation they line up in as it makes a nice graphic.

Edit
    Perfect example :
    Against DFC the graphic had Finn playing as centre Mid , he in fact lined up at Right back.
    Hopefully the opposition managers are putting as much credence into the graphic as the Longford social media guy and altering their line ups as a result of the social media guy in Rovers ...........
    Last edited by sbgawa; 29/05/2019 at 4:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    New Showgrounds lager launching on Friday . https://www.sligorovers.com/the-showgrounds-beer/

Sligo Rovers can today announce the upcoming release of The Showgrounds – a new beer produced in conjunction with The White Hag Brewery that will generate funds for the Bit O’ Red.

The project will see €1 donated to Sligo Rovers from every pint purchased thanks to a unique agreement between the club, White Hag and publicans in County Sligo.

The beer is a traditional helles lager, similar in style to a modern lager.
    A total of 13 pubs will sell The Showgrounds – named after the home of Sligo Rovers.

The White Hag is an award-winning craft brewery from Sligo and they believe the Bit O’ Red are brewing something special under Liam Buckley.

Based in Ballymote, The White Hag have grown considerably since launch five years ago and now employ 10 people in a rapidly expanding local business, exporting to eight markets from their South Sligo base.

The agreement between White Hag and publicans will see Rovers profit €1 from each pint. The cost of a pint is €4.70.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinred View Post
    New Showgrounds lager launching on Friday . https://www.sligorovers.com/the-showgrounds-beer/

Sligo Rovers can today announce the upcoming release of The Showgrounds – a new beer produced in conjunction with The White Hag Brewery that will generate funds for the Bit O’ Red.

The project will see €1 donated to Sligo Rovers from every pint purchased thanks to a unique agreement between the club, White Hag and publicans in County Sligo.

A total of 13 pubs will sell The Showgrounds – named after the home of Sligo Rovers.

The White Hag is an award-winning craft brewery from Sligo and they believe the Bit O’ Red are brewing something special under Liam Buckley.

Based in Ballymote, The White Hag have grown considerably since launch five years ago and now employ 10 people in a rapidly expanding local business, exporting to eight markets from their South Sligo base.

The agreement between White Hag and publicans will see Rovers profit €1 from each pint. The cost of a pint is €4.70.
    That is a completely fantastic idea. Kudos
    I'm too old for this fancy beer stuff but while it might work best in a "town" club , no reason why any or every LOI club could'nt have something like this going on

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Great work Sligo, as per usual.
    We had "Bohemian Ale" in Dalymount last year , which was one of Five Lamps Breweries passing off a red ale
    Not great, but sold a lot of pints on the name. Nothing as sophisticated as the Sligo effort though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinred View Post

Excellent idea, beer + football two of my favourite things, and to the benefit of Irish football as well ! just remember though, it will be strenuously evaluated when the Hipsters come to town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Magnificent. "I'm just going out to fundraiser for Rovers tonight love. I intend to raise €20 for the club"

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    Magnificent. "I'm just going out to fundraiser for Rovers tonight love. I intend to raise €20 for the club"
    I've heard (tried) worse excuses

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    I wonder how long until this is challenged? It may be an excellent fundraising idea and I have no problem with it myself )but is there a potential issue with an alcoholic drink being essentially plugged to people in a sporting context.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    I wonder how long until this is challenged? It may be an excellent fundraising idea and I have no problem with it myself )but is there a potential issue with an alcoholic drink being essentially plugged to people in a sporting context.
    In this country? In a league where the only way to watch most games is through a betting stream. I highly doubt it and anyone that does have a problem with it has a long list of other things to have a problem with first because in the scheme of questionable links between sports and addictive stuff its pretty far down it in Ireland.

14. Thanks From:

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Heineken and Guinness are all over rugby and the GAA respectively. I think Sligo will get away with a craft beer.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Why on earth would the people behind the Cork twitter machine have another go at the 'Hi Legia' thing last night. Its possibly deleted now but they def sent a message on this last night at some point.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Saw that last night and couldn't believe it. It's gone now but the person posting it shouldn't be let anywhere near the twitter account again.
    Hope we won't draw them again this year, otherwise I fear there'll be even more tweets of this kind...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Ah jesus. The amount of cringe is giving me chest pains.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    OMG
    20:48 posting time........in the pub beer in hand i'm guessing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Don't tweet while on the lash in Albufeira !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Kevins.jpg

Nice to see St Kevin's/ bohemians wishing their kids well in the exams

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    And good luck from Rovers as well