Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Games weekend Friday 2nd to 3rd September

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Very falt ending to the Dundalk Shels match. They really miss Hoban. Hope that the Shels player isn't too badly imjured but it didn't look great.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bowler View Post
    Barely recognisable 11 finishing the game for UCD at the Brandywell
    Not sure about that. I see 8 regulars, two lads on for their debuts in the last five minutes when 3-0 down (and why not?) and Daniel Norris, who's been in and around the squad most of the season, and with Ryan gone, he may be more prominent for the remainder.

Harps lost; that's the important thing. Onto next week and hopefully something off a side with an iffy away record.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Rovers losing to a poor Bohs team … but we’ve shown nothing in attack

Cracking goal from Liam Burt to continue the annual tradition of our future signing scoring a cracker against us
    Utter muck from us …. No excuse for that sort of lethargy…. On that performance league by no means a done deal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Pity to lose to such a poor team. Feel like the players didn't see it as a big match and performed accordingly. Dissapointing but if we turn up for the bigger matches ahead we will be happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    I have the lowest expectation going into this fixture, than at any other time I can remember. Which definitely means we are going to win tonight.
    When I am right…

6. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Bohs deserved the win tonight. Sean whore should have walked too for his tackle. Ironically Rovers kicked seven shades of sh1t out of their supposedly new/ future employee and he was the one who killed them tonight. Also recognition to Clarke who was superb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Jaysus Harps are a cynical side. In fairness they do what they have to do to be competitive in games. The red card was an awful challenge and no idea how Dykes could have went bonkers over the refs decision. From our own perspective we played brilliant in the first twenty minutes but once Harps scored we looked flat overall. That’s four lovely wins on the trot at a crucial point of the season , if that pesky Derry City could hit some poor form we would be laughing.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    On 74 minutes Rovers brought on Towel and played like they threw in the towel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Pity to lose to such a poor team. Feel like the players didn't see it as a big match and performed accordingly. Dissapointing but if we turn up for the bigger matches ahead we will be happy
    You’ll be hoping we turn up next Friday or that one point gap could make things nice and nervy, even with two games in hand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    On 74 minutes Rovers brought on Towel and played like they threw in the towel.
    That’s rubbish… we finished on the front foot even the ‘Bohs’ commentator acknowledged that when he said Rovers looked like the team with 11 players…. Anyway Bohs won the skirmish and that’s probably as good as it will get for them … we move on to bigger challenges …

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    When I am right…
    You deserved it on balance. We were really poor. Probably shaded the first half but that was a bad half of football. Really low energy from both teams. Picked up second half. Ref had a bit of a shocker. If Dylan goes Twardek should have as well. Really bad tackle by Feely at the end that went completely unpunished as well. But realistically I shouldn't remember the refs game and only do because we lost.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    The red card was an awful challenge and no idea how Dykes could have went bonkers over the refs decision. From our own perspective we played brilliant in the first twenty minutes but once Harps scored we looked flat overall. That’s four lovely wins on the trot at a crucial point of the season , if that pesky Derry City could hit some poor form we would be laughing.
    I thought the red was very harsh. It wasn't a dangerous tackle, just very cynical and blatant. Pats were lucky that harps were so bad in he opening 20.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    That’s rubbish… we finished on the front foot even the ‘Bohs’ commentator acknowledged that when he said Rovers looked like the team with 11 players…. Anyway Bohs won the skirmish and that’s probably as good as it will get for them … we move on to bigger challenges …
    Total nonsense!! Rovers were slow, lathargic and generally poor all around. The Bohs keeper didn't have a save to make. While Bohs weren't great they deserved their win. Rovers should have had 2 red cards but the ref bottled it. You certainly finished giving it your best shot but it clearly wasn't enough. You will win the league and fair play to you, but tonight you just weren't good enough against your old adversiries.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Total nonsense!! Rovers were slow, lathargic and generally poor all around. The Bohs keeper didn't have a save to make. While Bohs weren't great they deserved their win. Rovers should have had 2 red cards but the ref bottled it. You certainly finished giving it your best shot but it clearly wasn't enough. You will win the league and fair play to you, but tonight you just weren't good enough against your old adversiries.
    The above was from a Rovers supporter.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    We were poor but we did finish the stronger. Your keeper did make a save and you were lucky to keep Twardek and feely on. Watts red was very soft. The first was never a yellow and the second was a free and nothing more. So.....you might be riding a wave of excitement there shin.

Still deserved your win as I said above. Better team on the night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    I thought the red was very harsh. It wasn't a dangerous tackle, just very cynical and blatant. Pats were lucky that harps were so bad in he opening 20.
    On first glance it looked a poor tackle. I’ll have a look when the highlights are uploaded. Overall Harps play on the edge. It’s to be expected and they are good at getting under your skin. We need someone who can finish next season , I expected a lot more from the Doyle’s & Tunde. I think Ronan Coughlan doesn’t look bothered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Anyway Bohs won the skirmish and that’s probably as good as it will get for them … we move on to bigger challenges …
    There’s a bang of “well we didn’t want to go to your party anyway..” off that post

If beating your opponents in a big derby match, that also gets you 3 points closer to the title and does not open the door to your title challengers, is not considered a big challenge, then I’m not sure what is?!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    We were poor but we did finish the stronger. Your keeper did make a save and you were lucky to keep Twardek and feely on. Watts red was very soft. The first was never a yellow and the second was a free and nothing more. So.....you might be riding a wave of excitement there shin.

Still deserved your win as I said above. Better team on the night.
    👍. To be honest Rovers didn't deserve anthing tonight. The league is yours and they were probably consentrating on other things, but there are certain domestic games that hurt and this is one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    In the second half tonight I think Pats passed it around for about 6 or 7 minutes without us touching the ball ,felt longer,in general I can’t fault our effort just completely devoid of any quality and should have lost by more tonight,Pats missed a few sitters,McKeown made one unbelievable save from point blank range aswell….

On the red card it’s difficult to tell from the one angle camera replay,definitely late and cynical,the ref had a better view than me anyway!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    👍. To be honest Rovers didn't deserve anthing tonight. The league is yours and they were probably consentrating on other things, but there are certain domestic games that hurt and this is one.
    To be honest it's a derby I won't remember. I'm usually a bag of nerves for weeks leading up but this just didn't feel the same. If we'd won I would have celebrated the clean sweep but the loss doesn't feel as bad as it usually would given how things are going for both clubs. Maybe the players felt the same but there's no excuse for them feeling that way!

Wouldn't say the league is ours either. I'd be feeling pretty hopefully if I was a Derry fan now. We will slip up again. If they can go on a winning run they will be right there at the end.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast