Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Nathan Collins D Brentford b.2001

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,318 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    He's committed alright tbf!
    His regularly drops character in his posts. Where its clear he is a native English speaker using Dublin slang.
    If i had to guess he has manipulated his IP, he's living with his mum and likes dungeons & dragons
    You just described actor Michael B Jordan. Apart from the manipulating IP part, I'm not sure of his networking admin skills

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    849 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    His IP address is Argentinian, so if it's a bit then he's really committed to it.
    A VPN is easy to switch on. I use one all the time to use the RTE player for example. Takes about 10 seconds but it definitely takes a strange mind to continue the bit so long.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Hi I am a professor engaged too, worked in Suisse years ago, and a true peronist. About Collins and O'Shea yes I would have them for midfield, I wouldn't discard Duffy nor Egan, Egan is better but Duffy is a set pieces weapon too. Don't play the dungeons and dragons and don't know any Dublin slang at all, I speak rioplatense Spanish as in Buenos Aires province and Uruguay as a whole. That Collins is Barça worthy, reminds me Lawrenson!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Collins reminds me of McGrath. So calm and assured. I think he’d be excellent in midfield.

As I said here before, in front of two CBs (any two of O’Shea/Egan/Duffy) he would excel I think.

Cullen and Hendrick CM and Knight just ahead of them.

Wing backs of Stevens and Doherty with Obafemi and Parrott up front.

Some good players on bench then in Ogbene, Robinson, McClean.

Hogan unfortunately hasn’t taken his chance in these games (although was unlucky with header against Scotland)

6. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts
    I thought Hogan was lively against Scotland in general (and Lithuania before that), but certainly given the longer time on the pitch against Ukraine, he didn't do great.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Did he pick up a knock in the first half. Pretty sure commentary passed comment that they were surprised to see him out again for the second half.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,097 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Did he pick up a knock in the first half. Pretty sure commentary passed comment that they were surprised to see him out again for the second half.
    Really? I wasn't surprised. He should have been removed earlier. He was terrible.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    Hi I am a professor engaged too, worked in Suisse years ago, and a true peronist. About Collins and O'Shea yes I would have them for midfield, I wouldn't discard Duffy nor Egan, Egan is better but Duffy is a set pieces weapon too. Don't play the dungeons and dragons and don't know any Dublin slang at all, I speak rioplatense Spanish as in Buenos Aires province and Uruguay as a whole. That Collins is Barça worthy, reminds me Lawrenson!!
    Never change. You're actually good value!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    [QUOTE=Fixer82;2114314]Collins reminds me of McGrath. So calm and assured. I think he’d be excellent in midfield.

As I said here before, in front of two CBs (any two of O’Shea/Egan/Duffy) he would excel I think.

Cullen and Hendrick CM and Knight just ahead of them.

Wing backs of Stevens and Doherty with Obafemi and Parrott up front.

Some good players on bench then in Ogbene, Robinson, McClean.

Hogan unfortunately hasn’t taken his chance in these games (although was unlucky with header against Scotland)[/QUOTE

Omabamidele has got to be way ahead of Duffy as a serious contender for a CB position.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    His IP address is Argentinian, so if it's a bit then he's really committed to it.
    Andy Kaufman lives!

13. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I thouged.ht Hogan was lively against Scotland in general (and Lithuania before that), but certainly given the longer time on the pitch against Ukraine, he didn't do great.
    He got a knock. Played very well vs Scotland he did ok first half in Poland. We need his positioning a la Givarch At least france1998

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Burnley expected to allow Collins to leave and have targeted Luke McNally as his replacement, according to Neil O'Riordan.

Last edited by tetsujin1979; 19/06/2022 at 4:13 PM. Reason: embedded tweet

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Would be a good move for McNally, and if Collins doesn't get a move then be great to have both lads playing together. One of the best defenders in League One last season. Thought Swansea would have been all over this lad as he'd suit the way they want to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    I've followed Nathan Collins career with interest for a number of years now. What he is playing at the moment - for Burnley, for Ireland last month... this isn't news - this is the ability he's had.

He's big, strong, deceptively quick, agile. He's a heads up player, composed and calm, and he's very aggressive with the ball at his feet, very progressive when his team are in possession, and ultra strong at set-pieces in both boxes.

I said to a friend who follows the Irish teams more than English football a few months ago - he could be playing somewhere big outside England in 3 years time. He's that good.
    Called it!
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Called Aidan mcgeady. Hope this one turns out a (lot) bit better than that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    719 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Called it!
    Which big club outside England has he been linked to? I've read Leicester, Villa, and Leeds, but nowhere outside England.

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts
    Kinda surprised he isn't linked with bigger teams. Like if I were Chelsea who lost Rudiger and Christiansen - I'd be chasing him and Kounde. Thiago Silva is 38 in September, he can't have too much longer left in him beyond the current season. I don't think there's a signable centre-back in the premier league with the upside that he has. I feel like him signing for Villa or Leicester or Leeds is a needless step. The way Konate progressed at Liverpool is what I'd expect Collins to do at a team like Chelsea. Obviously guys can move from those mid table sides like Leicester and Villa to top teams pretty easily if they're good enough (good example: Van Dijk, bad example: Harry Maguire) but it probably means a move to a top team is at least 2 years away.

I wouldn't want him to go to United cause of the disaster that their defence is - but they tried and failed to sign Timber from Ajax who is the same age as Collins for a similar asking price

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Kinda surprised he isn't linked with bigger teams. Like if I were Chelsea who lost Rudiger and Christiansen - I'd be chasing him and Kounde. Thiago Silva is 38 in September, he can't have too much longer left in him beyond the current season. I don't think there's a signable centre-back in the premier league with the upside that he has. I feel like him signing for Villa or Leicester or Leeds is a needless step. The way Konate progressed at Liverpool is what I'd expect Collins to do at a team like Chelsea. Obviously guys can move from those mid table sides like Leicester and Villa to top teams pretty easily if they're good enough (good example: Van Dijk, bad example: Harry Maguire) but it probably means a move to a top team is at least 2 years away.

I wouldn't want him to go to United cause of the disaster that their defence is - but they tried and failed to sign Timber from Ajax who is the same age as Collins for a similar asking price
    Sure, it'd be great fodder for the likes of Balls, Joe, Pundit Arena and the typical Irish barstool 'fan' if he were to go to Chelsea or Arsenal, but at 21, the most important thing is that he's playing.

Potential is one thing, but he's only going to reach the heights that he seems capable of reaching if he's playing first-team football.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    849 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    Sure, it'd be great fodder for the likes of Balls, Joe, Pundit Arena and the typical Irish barstool 'fan' if he were to go to Chelsea or Arsenal, but at 21, the most important thing is that he's playing.

Potential is one thing, but he's only going to reach the heights that he seems capable of reaching if he's playing first-team football.
    Theres no reason he wouldnt play if he went to Chelsea, personally I think he'd start immediately there

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Theres no reason he wouldnt play if he went to Chelsea, personally I think he'd start immediately there
    I'm wouldn't be quite as confident about that. It has to be remembered that Burnley were one of the poorest sides in the PL last season and Collins didn't become a regular for them until March.

If one of the clubs he's been linked with (ie Leicester/Wolves etc) signs him I'd imagine he'd be likely to start, especially given the mooted outlay involved.

I absolutely believe that he has every attribute required to be a top centre-back at one of the blue-chip clubs within the next few years, I just think there's another stage involved before he gets there.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast