Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Byrne (M Shamrock Rovers b.1996)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Nice article . Its time for Jack Byrne to walk the walk........Show he has the commitment and ability to make it as a professional footballer at a decent level......
    It's time for Jack Byrne to walk alright. Walk away from Wigan and off to some club in Holland or with ambitions to play in the Premier League

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I'm sure clubs will be queuing up to sign a player who started two games in the Championship this year.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I'm equally sure all those Championship sides gearing up for a right tilt at getting into the Premiership who he turned down to join Wigan will be circling again too.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    I'll be interested to see how good Byrne really is.

He showed some glimpses in Holland from the clips I saw but on the flip side they finished the season well adrift at bottom of league so expectations were low.

I've given up trying to judge player who look good at club u19 u21 reserve team football as The standard and competivrness seems poor.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Paul Cook has taken over at Wigan. He's done well by Irish players wherever he's been.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson View Post
    Paul Cook has taken over at Wigan. He's done well by Irish players wherever he's been.
    Big game with Liverpool on Saturday - ended 1-1. Should have been the big start for our Jack, one would think?
    But he didn't even kick a ball despite a plethora of substitutions by Wigan at half time.
    What on earth is going on?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    "What on earth is going on" im sorry to say it, but he is not god enough. If you compare him to Liam Kelly a guy around the same age. Jack won't ever play a competitive international game. Liam will probably play dozens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    "What on earth is going on" im sorry to say it, but he is not god enough. If you compare him to Liam Kelly a guy around the same age. Jack won't ever play a competitive international game. Liam will probably play dozens.
    I don't think anybody is expecting him to be God, but it'd be nice if he could make a League One squad.

9. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    And tell me this, were you saying 12 months ago that Liam Kelly was good enough? Even when many reckoned he hadn't much of a future at Reading until Stam saw something he liked?

Of course he has the potential to be good enough. He seriously needs to stop the rot in his career now.
    Last edited by Olé Olé; 17/07/2017 at 8:57 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    He's not good enough? How do you figure that when he was among the top three young players in Holland a little over a year ago? I'm sure you've seen the clips of his fine play against Ajax and Feyenoord? It would appear that he's not suited to the 'basic' football of League One, and that's fine by me because he has proven himself at a higher level already.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    When Liam Kelly was playing at bath city in the 6th tier of English football byrne was playing most weeks in the top tier of Dutch football so that's a bit of an in FFS air statement. It's only preseason give the dad a chance

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    I get a little concerned when I hear that players have a falling out with a manager (or club), as Byrne seems to have had with Owen Coyle - as with any job, it doesn't look good for future opportunities - for example Owen Garvan saying that he would outlast Ian Holloway at Palace - while that technically turned out to be accurate, Garvan's career has gone backwards since then, when he really should have been pushing on to the next level. And Emmanuel Osadebe recently put out a snarky twitter comment when he left Gillingham and has ended up a division lower at Cambridge.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
    Big game with Liverpool on Saturday - ended 1-1. Should have been the big start for our Jack, one would think?
    But he didn't even kick a ball despite a plethora of substitutions by Wigan at half time.
    What on earth is going on?
    Neither did Grigg, Morsey or Powell feature. Three players that are expected to have a big say in Wigan's season provided they can hold on to them. Paul Cook in a pre match interview said he had a lot of injuries so I'm assuming Byrne was one of them as some Wigan fans are hoping for a big season from him. Mouth watering game away to Southport tonight, I'll keep ye posted

See point number 3 :http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/foot...ight-1-8652810
    Last edited by Siberian; 18/07/2017 at 9:19 AM.

15. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    What are you on about, Siberian? The goose is cooked. Byrne is done...

17. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    What are you on about, Siberian? The goose is cooked. Byrne is done...
    What am I on about? Just providing an explanation to Mark as to why Byrne didn't feature against Liverpool. I don't think he's quite done yet but he needs to produce this season. He came to Wigan in January but didn't really feature as there were issues about his match fitness. He featured as a sub in a few games late in season and seemingly impressed a few. I'd be a bit concerned if he still isn't match fit with the season two weeks away but with three more pre-season friendlies before then let's give me a chance??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Foot.ie humour isn't for everyone.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Foot.ie humour isn't for everyone.
    Not a regular visitor so not really familiar with the posters and their personality types etc. Will try and keep this in mind in future and I do like a bit of humour, you know the type that can cause a laugh or maybe forces a wee smile

21. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Haha, sorry Siberian. The tendency to write off young players prematurely is subject to much satire here. I find some of the criticism above of Byrne's last year hilarious. It could end up making him a better player. He definitely has to make an impression this year or risk a Conor Clifford-type downward trajectory. But there's every chance he will.

23. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    "Top 3 young players in holland" then why was he in the worst team in holland and when they went down why didnt psv or ajax sign him from city
    <MOD EDIT - LANGUAGE>
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 18/07/2017 at 10:14 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Also if you look a kelly and Byrne play. They are miles apart.

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast