Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: LOI Matches 2nd - 7th November 2021

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Great win for us tonight. Rode our luck a bit at times in the second half but we could have scored a few more on the break. Great to get back into Europe next year where we will no doubt embarrass ourselves again.
    Watched the second half and actually what jumped out was how bad the finishing from both sides was, and how that's often cited as the LoI's big weakness in Europe.

Still, rather in Europe than not I guess!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rovers fans always say it's one or two idiots as they cause hassle up and down the country. Even trashing the jack's at FP at a club they are supposed to have a lot of respect for. Rovers fans themselves must be turning a blind eye, have more scumbags than they care to admit or are afraid of a section of their fellow fans.

Other clubs fans I believe would self police this in some way...I would be the last to praise Derry fans but a few years ago some of their little schoologans went for us outside of the ground as we were leaving. Some of their own fans chased them away and made sure that they were being c**ts in no uncertain terms. The fact that during the match the Rovers social media ignored the fact it happened tells a lot. Also there is a hell of a lot of rovers fans online glossing it over with the watts incident.

It's annoying as there will be probably zero tolerance to any pyro I would imagine moving forward despite the fact it actually does a better job at promoting the league than the FAI by adding to the atmosphere

Thanks for the victory Rovers btw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Strummer View Post
    Eventually. That should have been put out last night but at least they have done it now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    Eventually. That should have been put out last night but at least they have done it now.
    Maybe they were busy traveling back from the match...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    “Eventually” …. Get over yourself - let’s hope more importantly that the Gardai investigate and find enough evidence to allow the DPP to prosecute the alleged offenders.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze14 View Post
    Rovers fans always say it's one or two idiots as they cause hassle up and down the country. Even trashing the jack's at FP at a club they are supposed to have a lot of respect for. Rovers fans themselves must be turning a blind eye, have more scumbags than they care to admit or are afraid of a section of their fellow fans.

Other clubs fans I believe would self police this in some way...I would be the last to praise Derry fans but a few years ago some of their little schoologans went for us outside of the ground as we were leaving. Some of their own fans chased them away and made sure that they were being c**ts in no uncertain terms. The fact that during the match the Rovers social media ignored the fact it happened tells a lot. Also there is a hell of a lot of rovers fans online glossing it over with the watts incident.

It's annoying as there will be probably zero tolerance to any pyro I would imagine moving forward despite the fact it actually does a better job at promoting the league than the FAI by adding to the atmosphere

Which season was that?

I personally(with a few mates) have had at least two run in with that lot once outside Maginn Park and once outside Finn Park , also know of another few young lads they same mob went for outside the Brandywell on another occasion. And if memory serves there was yet another occasion where they ran behind the River End and started ripping down Harps supporters flags, so they not being discouraged too much. To be fair though I haven't noticed them on the last couple of occasion Derry visit Finn Park
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Strummer View Post
    Maybe they were busy traveling back from the match...
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    “Eventually” …. Get over yourself - let’s hope more importantly that the Gardai investigate and find enough evidence to allow the DPP to prosecute the alleged offenders.
    Amazing...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Delighted with that against Pats. We rode our luck and they should have got one or two.

Some turn around for us. TO put it into perspective. We got 9 points from our last 3 games. In our 11 games before that we also got 9 points.

Mad season for us but so happy to get Europe. We need it just to have a chance to keep a pace with sugar daddies.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    “ Mad season for us but so happy to get Europe. We need it just to have a chance to keep a pace with sugar daddies”

Not many of them about these days. We are cobbling together a team with loan players and youngfellas. The fact that it is working out is down to the hard work of SOD & Matthews.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Guards arrested two young adults. Following on from the incident last night. https://waterford-news.ie/2021/11/06...et-off-at-rsc/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neish View Post
    Which season was that?

I personally(with a few mates) have had at least two run in with that lot once outside Maginn Park and once outside Finn Park , also know of another few young lads they same mob went for outside the Brandywell on another occasion. And if memory serves there was yet another occasion where they ran behind the River End and started ripping down Harps supporters flags, so they not being discouraged too much. To be fair though I haven't noticed them on the last couple of occasion Derry visit Finn Park
    That last incident was all Finn Harps doing in the 2-1 game and wasn’t given anywhere near the coverage it should have been Harps massively over sold the away end for that game… original announcement being that were would be 300 away tix.. and ended up with about 5 times that sold to derry for the same size of away end meaning derry fans had no choice but to spill en masse behind the goal onto a muddy hill that years before had been deemed unsafe there was several slips and a clean miracle FHFC didn’t cause a football fan a serious injury, absolutely criminal and they cared not a jot for the wellbeing of travelling fans only for a few euro so a few ripped flags that night was a miracle of an outcome and ita a good thing derry lost or behind that goal would have been a crime scene.

They done it last night too and one of your own stewards admitted it “this away end is far too packed”.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Two wrongs and all that DCWA. If there were dangerous circumstances especially over crowding the last thing needed is for that crowds misbehaviour, there is never justification. If overcrowding is an ongoing issue for Derry visits to Finn Park I presume DCFC have reported it to the FAI and so have been caught out on breaching safe holding capacity even up to last night! Have Derry supporters concerns been voiced to their own club too as there is a responsibility for personal safety too ie not attending a game that is unsafe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze14 View Post

There has been a large quantity of vermin traveling with Sham's in the Tallaght years and it
    Has seemed to me that the cocaine and carpets mob involved in running the club have more than a sneaking regard for the former.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    In fairness to whatever lad is doing match updates on the club twitter account i don't think its up to him to respond
    Probably isint his place to alright but it didn't stop him throwing in some sneaky updates on Shamrock twitter page though. Updates after the incident saying stuff like 'spark an attack' and 'dying embers'. Probably a coincidence
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    There has been a large quantity of vermin traveling with Sham's in the Tallaght years and it
    Has seemed to me that the cocaine and carpets mob involved in running the club have more than a sneaking regard for the former.
    Fairly balanced view there
    Just curious but who are the cocaine and carpets mob supposedly running the club?
    The members club Directors, Wilson or Dermot Desmond?
    Or are you confusing us with Bohs with Des Kelly Carpets?

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    I was shocked at the scenes from the RSC just when the loi is getting good publicity. Its typical that it always happens in Ireland . you never hear of this mayhem across the water at all.

Sad night to be a league of ireland follower. It will take years to repair the damage caused by last night.

First JD and now this.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

18. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    That last incident was all Finn Harps doing in the 2-1 game and wasn’t given anywhere near the coverage it should have been Harps massively over sold the away end for that game… original announcement being that were would be 300 away tix.. and ended up with about 5 times that sold to derry for the same size of away end meaning derry fans had no choice but to spill en masse behind the goal onto a muddy hill that years before had been deemed unsafe there was several slips and a clean miracle FHFC didn’t cause a football fan a serious injury, absolutely criminal and they cared not a jot for the wellbeing of travelling fans only for a few euro so a few ripped flags that night was a miracle of an outcome and ita a good thing derry lost or behind that goal would have been a crime scene.

They done it last night too and one of your own stewards admitted it “this away end is far too packed”.
    The fact it was over sold does not excuse ripping down flag that someone or a group sent possibly hundreds on and trying to excuse it for any reason is absolutely ridiculous. But i guess that is the Derry way, a bad tackle on a former Harps player supposedly excuses the away dressing rooms being left like a rubbish heap. What is you excuse for the rest of the actions I listed that come directly from your following, did they get a dodgy burger or something?
    Last edited by Neish; 06/11/2021 at 4:28 PM.
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    I was shocked at the scenes from the RSC just when the loi is getting good publicity. Its typical that it always happens in Ireland . you never hear of this mayhem across the water at all.

Sad night to be a league of ireland follower. It will take years to repair the damage caused by last night.

First JD and now this.

Ah come on now. By the end of the season this will be fairly forgotten about. Its messy, reflects bad but its not end of the world stuff.

I have no idea what the kid was thinking of. Like what was his plan? Bust the roof above his head?...... Also, reflects badly on Waterford security, no? I mean a firework repeater is a lot bigger than a flare, surly its fairly hard to be discreet about it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    Ah come on now. By the end of the season this will be fairly forgotten about. Its messy, reflects bad but its not end of the world stuff.

I have no idea what the kid was thinking of. Like what was his plan? Bust the roof above his head?...... Also, reflects badly on Waterford security, no? I mean a firework repeater is a lot bigger than a flare, surly its fairly hard to be discreet about it.
    I assumed the post you responded to was taking the ****.....I mean I hope so!

I heard the kid said he was "trying to hit the roof". I'm not saying I didn't mess around with repeaters back in the good auld days when I had no real respect for the amount of time I had left on the clock....but what an utter fool. I almost, ALMOST, feel sorry for him. If he is dumb enough to let a repeater off under a roof in a crowd......what chance does this lad (or the two lads supposedly involved) have in life at all?

Mandatory IQ checks should be required for all away fans moving forward.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast