Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Keogh (F Perth Glory b.1986)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I don't really see what's wrong with that. Keogh thought he was in good form, was scoring goals at the same level as others in the squad, could cover a couple of positions and had been part of Trap's squads since he took over. Instead of complaining he put his head down and has worked his way back into the manager's plans.
    Isn't he having a bit of a "delayed" moan there though? He'd be better off zipping it full stop and be thankful for the generous breaks Trap has given him since 2008 IMO!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He's hardly moaning. It looks like he was asked a question and he answered the question respectfully.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    He's hardly moaning. It looks like he was asked a question and he answered the question respectfully.
    Yip, I agree
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Equalised for Milwall at Sheffield Wednesday with a late penalty

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Why he feels the need to go on twitter and say what he said is beyond me. He's been left out of the squad and that should be the end of it. If he has a problem take it up with Trap instead of putting it up on twitter knowing fine well he would get a reaction and get it into the media who low and behold are looking to attack Trap at any given opportunity. He'd be better off getting his head down and trying even harder to get back into the squad. I see Darren Gibson has now got involved and Keoghs wife responding on twitter saying he played when they had lost their child. I feel it's getting silly now and they are both showing a serious lack of maturity.
    Lets talk about six baby

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    I have one question to ask. Trap's squads are full of "ugly ducklings" that the general public struggles to warm to yet most you can see the qualities that merited their place in the squad e.g.:

Cox: decent technique, McShane: wholeheartedness and personality etc....

Could someone tell me Andy Keogh's biggest attribute on a football field? I've struggled to pinpoint where he excels. Thanks in advance.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Equalised for Milwall at Sheffield Wednesday with a late penalty
    Did you have to mention that ? Madden is in instead of him. Sure he has always turned up when requested but so has just about everyone else in that squad. How far should loyalty go? Never change the squad which has been a failing of Trap in the past?

Bite you lip (or tie your tweet fingers) and wait for the next call up.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grafter View Post
    I have one question to ask. Trap's squads are full of "ugly ducklings" that the general public struggles to warm to yet most you can see the qualities that merited their place in the squad e.g.:

Cox: decent technique, McShane: wholeheartedness and personality etc....

Could someone tell me Andy Keogh's biggest attribute on a football field? I've struggled to pinpoint where he excels. Thanks in advance.
    he's fairly quick, plus he's quite tall. he has a 'good engine' (i.e. he runs around a lot) and is a decent enough finisher by championship standards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    "Tony O'Donoghue assesses Andy Keogh's twitter claims that Trapattoni has 'no loyalty'": http://www.rte.ie/sport/player/813/470540/

I hadn't been aware that Gibson was a room-mate of Keogh's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Hypothetical question: if Keogh was Northern Irish would he be a regular starter in Northern Irish team e.g. last game against Russia.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I'm sure he would be. There's an unwritten rule that ridiculous bleached hair is an automatic starting spot for Norn Iron.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Andy's a skinhead since he went all Milwall.
    'Where's me fckin sms Trap, like'?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Andy's a skinhead since he went all Milwall.
    'Where's me fckin sms Trap, like'?
    Woah, I got chills there. Settle down, geysir, we don't want no trouble.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    He ain't the Milkybar Kid no more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    He ain't the Milkybar Kid no more.
    No shortage of torso pics of him on his twitter... funny that he may have his six pack but still looks scrawny and lightweight...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    "Tony O'Donoghue assesses Andy Keogh's twitter claims that Trapattoni has 'no loyalty'": http://www.rte.ie/sport/player/813/470540/

I hadn't been aware that Gibson was a room-mate of Keogh's.
    Yes a close friend. All very funny him popping up on twitter asking why then responding to a tweet about him and Keogh being fairly unskillful players by asking him what he did for a living. Embarrassing tweet from Gibson and only shows yet again how far detached players are from the working man/supporter. I see Keogh’s wife is also getting involved by saying he showed up when they lost a baby last year. It’s incredible that she would bring that into at all. He goes on about loyalty yet has no problem putting the tweet out knowing the media would latch onto it and use it against Trap and all in the build up to two hugely important games. What about loyalty to his fellow team mates, supporters and country. It seems to me he needs to grow up.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Yes a close friend. All very funny him popping up on twitter asking why then responding to a tweet about him and Keogh being fairly unskillful players by asking him what he did for a living. Embarrassing tweet from Gibson and only shows yet again how far detached players are from the working man/supporter. I see Keogh’s wife is also getting involved by saying he showed up when they lost a baby last year. It’s incredible that she would bring that into at all. He goes on about loyalty yet has no problem putting the tweet out knowing the media would latch onto it and use it against Trap and all in the build up to two hugely important games. What about loyalty to his fellow team mates, supporters and country. It seems to me he needs to grow up.
    All very courteous behaviour indeed...

I'm glad loyalty isn't colouring our squad selections. Players should be there on merit.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    That's one way of putting it. The actual tweet went like this "both of ya's are as exciting as ****ein in a field"...

You'd like to think our millionaire footballers would find something better to do with their time than to respond to such comments but then if anything these kind of responses show how similar they are to the "working man/supporter". Both engage in petty, futile exchanges of 'banter' on social media. My advice to Gibbo would be to get a new hobby.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irwin3 View Post
    That's one way of putting it. The actual tweet went like this "both of ya's are as exciting as ****ein in a field"...

You'd like to think our millionaire footballers would find something better to do with their time than to respond to such comments but then if anything these kind of responses show how similar they are to the "working man/supporter". Both engage in petty, futile exchanges of 'banter' on social media. My advice to Gibbo would be to get a new hobby.
    Yes that's what was said. No need for the reply he made all the same. Yes find something new to do or grow up.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    It's a bit of a spectacular fall from grace that the man who dominated Irish sports headlines at the beginning of the week because of his "unloyal omission" was an unused Millwall sub versus Brighton in the Championship yesterday

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast