Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Bamford (F Leeds b.1993)

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grafter View Post
    He's an English U21 international now, get used to it the same way as Scots had to suck it up over McGeady/McCarthy.
    This thread should really be closed, it's like holding out for an ex-girlfriend to come walking in the door and apologise for running off with a 55 year old multi-millionaire property tycoon - it ain't going to happen!
    True enough, I guess. Altough, it reminds me of the Fabregas to United saga. It's come up a few times that the FAI are tracking/have been in contact with Bamford so there must be some indication from his camp that he is mildly interested.

He'll end up like James Milner, I feel. His one cap at a young age for Ireland will be the needle in his haystack of England caps at various levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    And Ger Crossley.
    Erm, Ger Crossley played for us at under-16, under-18 and under-21 levels. He never made any subsequent declaration for another association, so not sure of his relevance here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    True enough, I guess. Altough, it reminds me of the Fabregas to United saga. It's come up a few times that the FAI are tracking/have been in contact with Bamford so there must be some indication from his camp that he is mildly interested.

He'll end up like James Milner, I feel. His one cap at a young age for Ireland will be the needle in his haystack of England caps at various levels.
    Did Milner play for Ireland at any level? Not being smart or anything here, I don't follow you there.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Did Milner play for Ireland at any level? Not being smart or anything here, I don't follow you there.
    I never heard of that. And I couldn't find anything when this was posted. He played U16 for England so I don't see how he would have played younger for us.

And given he grew up in Leeds he was ineligible for FAIS.

I didn't even consider an Irish connection to him. Anyone else?
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Nothing about Ireland is mentioned on his wiki page though it does say he has never had alcohol, even one time.
    The plot thickens.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    As I understood it he played U14's for us prior to going on to play for England.

Says so here too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Bucs/James_Milner

7. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    QED..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    The links on those citations are borked.

QNED

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    http://foot.ie/threads/33900-James-M...Under-21-squad

Proves nothing I realise, but it has been discussed on here before, and I remember other talk on here about it too, maybe just after Trap took over, in the usual round up of maybes and possibles after a new manager comes in, which was prior to a full call up to England for Milner, all as yet untraceable though.
    Last edited by CraftyToePoke; 30/01/2014 at 3:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Deleted.
    Last edited by CraftyToePoke; 30/01/2014 at 3:17 AM. Reason: Deleted - so good I posted it twice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Sensational goal for Derby last night. Apologies if we have totally given up on him.

DCFC.co.uk

On loan Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford lauded the Rams’ defensive display at Hillsborough, citing it as the ‘foundation the team built from’ in their 1-0 victory over Sheffield Wednesday.

The former MK Dons loanee proved the matchwinner in a tightly contested encounter, as the 20-year-old finished with aplomb from 25-yards in the 78th minute to secure the points.

Despite netting his fifth goal since joining the Rams until the end of the campaign, Bamford was keen to praise the side’s defensive unit in the win over the Owls – Derby’s second consecutive clean sheet.

He told Rams Player:“Starting with [Lee] Grant and the back four, if they keep being as solid as they have been, then it gives us license to do our stuff in the final third.

"I think it was all about focus and concentration. [Jake] Buxton and [Richard] Keogh were magnificent with their heading and I think that gave us the belief.

"We knew that if they remained focused at the back then we would get our chance. As long as we are solid at the back, it gives us a platform to build on and we have got the skill and quality in the forward positions to nick a goal.

"I think it was something like the 65th minute when the game slowed down and we actually had a bit of time to play the ball about.

"We know we didn’t play as well as we could of, but sometimes you have to do that when you come to hard places like this, you have just got to grind it out."

In the forward’s first interview with the Club after penning his temporary move to the iPro Stadium, Bamford said he had set himself the target of scoring 10 goals during his stay with the Rams, which he feels he is still very much on course to reach.

He added: “I have been quite confident with my goal scoring this season.

"When I first joined MK Dons I set a target of 15 and people laughed at me and said I would never get it, but I ended up with 17 goals by the time I left.

"If I keep pushing towards this target of 10 that I have set myself for Derby then I will be very happy."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Scored for Middlesbrough v Blackburn

EDIT: Until he plays for the senior team we can hope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Yes. Let's hope he turns out to be not good enough for England but good enough for us.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    Yes. Let's hope he turns out to be not good enough for England but good enough for us.
    Or, as I've stated earlier, let's try to sneakily convince him that he's not good enough for England but good enough for us (before it turns out he actually is good enough for England) . As in "Hey Patrick, look how well Harry Kane is doing - he's a star in the making" and "Wow, Patrick, Danny Welbeck is really turning his career around at Arsenal" and "I can't wait for Daniel Sturridge to return from injury - he really is an outstanding striker - don't you agree Patrick?" and follow it up with "Robbie Keane's imminent retirement from international football will leave a hole in the Irish strikeforce waiting to be filled by some talented and ambitious young forward with loose family connections to the country"

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Bamford chose England over Ireland despite family calls

The on loan Chelsea striker has scored twice since joining the Teessiders on a six-month loan deal, but his first taste of international football came in 2010 when he was selected to play for the Republic of Ireland Under-18s.
    Soon after, Bamford, who qualifies to play for the Republic through his Irish grandparents, represented England Under-19sbut despite pressure to go back to his Irish roots the 21-year-old has his heart set on a prominent role for the Young Lions should they secure qualification.

“I started off with Ireland U17s but my aim was always to play for England,” Bamford said. “I finally got called up with the Under 21s, I was a bit disappointed not to be involved in the last one but hopefully, I will be in the running for the next squad (after being included in this one).
    “It is still my aim to play for England but I have my Mum’s side of the family who are all Irish, and they are pushing me. But I think I am English and we will see what happens.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    Oh God, why did he have to say we will see what happens?!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Why not?
    All these kids seem the same in the main. And it could be years before a full cap in a competitive game...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    He seems to be very much an impact player, an eye for goal and massive confidence. He can be a bit of a passenger over ninety minutes. After a bright start, he lost his place at Derby last season, not really a good sign for a guy with ambitions of making it for Chelsea and England. People often say things like he's only 21, etc but most guys that make it have shown more by that age. My last sentence was very much off the cuff and could be brutally exposed to a basic level of scrutiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    People often say things like he's only 21, etc but most guys that make it have shown more by that age. My last sentence was very much off the cuff and could be brutally exposed to a basic level of scrutiny.
    Exactly, don't forget the likes of late-blooming Keith Andrews!

22. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeeBhoy View Post
    Why not?
    for fear of a TOWK outburst.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast