Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup games

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Humble pie time

Rovers were full value for their win. They stopped Dundalk getting any rhythm going with their high pressing game working to perfection.

Congrats. Enjoy the win

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Saw that alright - did it hit someone though? I couldn't see through the smoke.
    I was the opposite end so couldn't be sure but everyone under the banner was shoulder to shoulder and it came down right on top of them so I can only assume it did. Even if not a flare landing a foot behind/beside/in front of you is still dangerous as ****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Congrats shams, deserved winners. Better team from start to finish. Dundalk didn't show up.
    We've had our arguments but I appreciate your comments. Btw my grandad usec to run the stiles in Dalymount! I would also like to point out, as well on as I am, what this league can offer between this game and Bohs v Rovers semi final to the public in general. If we only had people , sensible people people, who could run our league.
    False hope is worse than no hope. Ask Sligo.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    I was the opposite end so couldn't be sure but everyone under the banner was shoulder to shoulder and it came down right on top of them so I can only assume it did. Even if not a flare landing a foot behind/beside/in front of you is still dangerous as ****.
    Yeah, it was certainly my thoughts as well; I just wasn't sure if it had actually hit someone. There presumably was someone holding the banner up, and the flare seemed to hit in the middle I thought, which is where you'd be standing

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Yeah, it was certainly my thoughts as well; I just wasn't sure if it had actually hit someone. There presumably was someone holding the banner up, and the flare seemed to hit in the middle I thought, which is where you'd be standing
    I've actually just looked at a photo and it seems the lads holding the banner were a few rows in front of everyone else (gives you an idea of my perspective) so thankfully there's a good chance it might not have hit anyone but still a stupid thing to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    https://twitter.com/finsceal/status/1191051478544375808

definitely did hit someone,very lucky he moved quick,so so dangerous though.......
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Humble pie time

Rovers were full value for their win. They stopped Dundalk getting any rhythm going with their high pressing game working to perfection.

Congrats. Enjoy the win
    PC, Calcio, RH, Aterix - it has taken years, its amazing what a cup can do so enjoy tonight!! It could kickstart a genuine challange for us next season. Close season is now upon us soon which will be very interesting!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    https://twitter.com/finsceal/status/1191051478544375808

definitely did hit someone,very lucky he moved quick,so so dangerous though.......
    Saw that myself on the TV alright. Whoever threw it, I hope they were given a proper kick up the hole. Mindless stupidity.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    bar what seems to be a couple of minor numptiness the event seems to have gone off relatively smoothly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    bar what seems to be a couple of minor numptiness the event seems to have gone off relatively smoothly.
    That was just Manus

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    yea but look we cant really give out on one hand about the treatment Mc Clean gets in the uk over his poppy stance and then get all hot and bothered about someone from the other tradition on the island expressing his beliefs in a kinda similar matter.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    yea but look we cant really give out on one hand about the treatment Mc Clean gets in the uk over his poppy stance and then get all hot and bothered about someone from the other tradition on the island expressing his beliefs in a kinda similar matter.
    Precisely. If that's how he feels then fine. I'd have more of an issue with the local lads who don't sing the anthem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Oh, I must have 'missed' when the Irish Army murdered 14 civilians in Manus home town Not like the abuse the shams handed out to a certain former LOI manager over his past.

......But hey, that's different

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Oh, I must have 'missed' when the Irish Army murdered 14 civilians in Manus home town Not like the abuse the shams handed out to a certain former LOI manager over his past.

......But hey, that's different
    Ehh, Mannus is from Belfast, I think a certain Irish "Army" may have done some equally reprehensible things there too. Completely hypocritical to go after him for the same thing we've defended McClean for, don't get me wrong I'd be mortified and annoyed if it was a Dundalk player doing it but you can't give out when he has done the exact same as McClean just because his political beliefs.
    Mon the Town!

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArFella View Post
    Ehh, Mannus is from Belfast, I think a certain Irish "Army" may have done some equally reprehensible things there too. Completely hypocritical to go after him for the same thing we've defended McClean for, don't get me wrong I'd be mortified and annoyed if it was a Dundalk player doing it but you can't give out when he has done the exact same as McClean just because his political beliefs.
    It is NOT the same as McClean - the Irish Army (of this state) did not murder civilians on the street. Does Ireland, players or fans disrespect the union flag because of the actions of Loyalist terrorists ? have we ever ?
    For fans that were so vociferous when it became known a former LOI manager was a former British soldier its a very different story when its their player. BTW Manus was born in Canada !

Anyway, maybe not the forum for that discussion.
    Last edited by marinobohs; 04/11/2019 at 12:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Interesting discussion, if one could understand what you are on about. What did Manus do, or not do? Who is the ex-British Army Manager you are on about?

Well done Rovers and Bradley.
    The season is not over yet for Dundalk, Athlone, or St. Patrick's. My boycott of Athlone Town A.F.C continues and I will not attend the Leinster Senior cup final.

20. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Mannus didn't turn to face the flag during Amhrán na bhFhiann.

Dave Robertson was Sligo manager a couple of years back and was ex British Army, stationed in Belfast for a year

Mannus grew up in Belfast to a Northern family, and it's trite in the extreme to evaluate his actions based on being born in Canada.
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 04/11/2019 at 1:02 PM.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    Precisely. If that's how he feels then fine. I'd have more of an issue with the local lads who don't sing the anthem.
    You shouldn't have an issue with anyone. If football association's continue to bring politics into football, a place of employment, then expect more of the same.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Not so far off. Stuck to what I knew and parked in the Spire Car Park, LUAS out to the O2 and walked across. There must have been some Rovers prematch party in and around The Yacht pub(?)
    That must have being in Ringsend. Yeah that would be one of the Shamrock Rovers pubs. Good call to park in city centre and get luas to 02 and then walk across. If you had got the Dart it would have being jammers!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Mannus didn't turn to face the flag during Amhrán na bhFhiann.

Dave Robertson was Sligo manager a couple of years back and was ex British Army, stationed in Belfast for a year

Mannus grew up in Belfast to a Northern family, and it's trite in the extreme to evaluate his actions based on being born in Canada.
    Presumably 'trite in the extreme' to mention the offensive banner produced by shams fans for Robertson's first game (related to his past in British Army). Or maybe the EDL thugs shams regularly invite over here have made them more open minded on the matter

Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast