Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vinny Perth finally given his due

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Vinny Perth finally given his due

Anyone see the Cult legends section on MNS last Monday night? I had just turned over to it & low & behold the Vinster was getting serious praises!! Showed his wonder equalising goal against Cork City in injury time in 2001 that set up the classic replay we won 2-1 in Cork. Got to the Final that year we did after a remarkable cup run. If its on Youtube could we get it up here?

Vinny Vinny Perth, Vinny Perth, Vinny Vinny Perth....... tra la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la........
    I just sit down at the typewriter & start hittin the keys, just hittin the keys. Getting them in the right order though thats the trick, thats the trick.

Garth Merenghi

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon Coloured View Post
    Anyone see the Cult legends section on MNS last Monday night? I had just turned over to it & low & behold the Vinster was getting serious praises!! Showed his wonder equalising goal against Cork City in injury time in 2001 that set up the classic replay we won 2-1 in Cork. Got to the Final that year we did after a remarkable cup run. If its on Youtube could we get it up here?

Vinny Vinny Perth, Vinny Perth, Vinny Vinny Perth....... tra la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la........
    did indeed salmon coloured! it was mentioned on mns on facebook that it was going to be featured.didnt know Vinny Perth was managing Malahide Utd now! great viewing!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Yeah Malahide have a good set up by all accounts, Fingal's backer Gerry Gannon put a bit of money into them if I remember rightly.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Was just talking about vinny Perth at the game last Saturday when tallanted told me he had just taken over at malahide he was director of football at some other club before this think tallanted said it was Donegal Celtic correct me if I'm wrong there but ye it was great to relive those happy happy days
    Last edited by outspoken; 22/07/2010 at 7:29 PM.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I know he was working with Sacred Heart in Tallaght for a while with Niall Byrne. Don't know if he was anywhere else before Malahide. Sound sound guy who made a great contribution over the years. Got alot of flak in the short spell he was in charge and suffered unfairly a bit I think in that we as a club and as fans were having trouble adjusting to life in the lower reaches of the First again.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Yeah Malahide have a good set up by all accounts, Fingal's backer Gerry Gannon put a bit of money into them if I remember rightly.
    They have potentially an excellent set up but despite spending alot of money on excellent facilities and paying decent players good money they have achieved nothing on the pitch and were relegated this season to Senior 1 so there is something not working at that club. If Liffeys Pearse are winding up then Malahide will certainly get a reprieve so at least Vinny will have the opportunity to manage in the top division and attempt to get the club out of whatever rut they're in.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    A Town legend alright. His spell as manager didn't work too well but it doesn't take away from the years of service he gave as a player. Great to see MNS recognise his contribution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Sporting F*ck All!

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Ye he was involved with Sacred Heart in Tallaght, Town played Malahide on Monday night in a friendly, we won 5-2 Cowan got one of the goals
    If god wanted us to play football in the clouds he would have put grass up there!

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Cowan must have picked up a knock did he? Wasn't involved at all last night. Where did Aidan Roche come from?

14. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I'd assume it was Lee Roche, could be wrong though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Nope, Lee Roche started, Aidan Roche came off the bench (and gave away the penalty).

http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/12099/2/

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Missed an open goal too by the looks of things. Don't know anything about him to be honest, not a great start for him though! A quick Google has him playing for Liffeys Pearse in 2008 so he must have come from there. May be a brother of Lee Roche?
    Last edited by Longfordian; 24/07/2010 at 5:35 PM.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Wasn't at the game but the auld lad was talking to one of the few people (think there was about 8/9) that were down there last night and said we did ok, just didn't take our chances. Seemingly Aiden is Lee's brother, supposed to have been a harsh peno and it was Lee that missed the open goal, not Aiden.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    Wasn't at the game but the auld lad was talking to one of the few people (think there was about 8/9) that were down there last night and said we did ok, just didn't take our chances. Seemingly Aiden is Lee's brother, supposed to have been a harsh peno and it was Lee that missed the open goal, not Aiden.
    he ain't called the insider for nothin

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Thanks.. Its who you know or the case who the auld lad knows. I hate getting second hand info but it was from a reliable source. Also forgot to mention Victor and Jason were supposed to have been given dogs abuse by a small section of Waterford supporters. Nice to see theres still morons in the league.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Hope the club report that abuse to the FAI I dont really know what Jason is like but Victor is a really nice lad always smiling and joking so hopefully we dont see anymore of that.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Chap slid in to block Liam Kearney's cross with both arms raised, and the ball struck one of them. You'd feel for the lad, specially if he's relatively inexperienced, but you can't do that in the box. Stonewall penalty.
    However, you did have some real scoring chances. Roche's miss at the end was a sitter. You could see he was just trying to steer it back inside the far post, but he never set himself, and put it a yard wide. You'd a free kick that was excellently struck, forcing an equally excellent save, a header that almost looped over our stranded keeper but landed on the roof of the net, and a 1-on-1 that was well saved in fairness.

There was no hide or hair of any such abuse at the game by the way, and no-one I've asked about it, along the length of the old stand, heard any such thing. Ekanem got a bit of a barracking at one stage in the second half over some, shall we say, over-exuberant tackling, but that was it, and neither the tackles or the catcalls were any more or less than you'd normally get in a game.
    Last edited by stann; 26/07/2010 at 7:39 AM.
    more bass

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stann View Post
    There was no hide or hair of any such abuse at the game by the way, and no-one I've asked about it, along the length of the old stand, heard any such thing. Ekanem got a bit of a barracking at one stage in the second half over some, shall we say, over-exuberant tackling, but that was it, and neither the tackles or the catcalls were any more or less than you'd normally get in a game.

Wrong. It was in the new stand that i heard it and it was by more than one person. It was mostly aimed at Jason and i'll quote one individuals input; 'f*** off back to Mosney you black c***.' I think that constitutes unacceptable abuse, don’t you?

One of the lads did mention it to the FAI official but there was nothing he could do because we couldn’t pick out exactly who said it.

27. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Apologies, I didn't think there were any away fans in the new stand, so was only going by what was said/heard in the old one, which as I say was just the run of the mill barracking.
    That's deplorable, really is. I hope the chap didn't hear it. Lets us down big time too. Always a few no-mark c**ts that will let everyone down, and as well as everything else it's borderline retarded for fans of a club that have had several black players themselves in recent years.
    Last edited by stann; 26/07/2010 at 11:25 AM.
    more bass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast