Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 19th to 21st August

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Sligo are very bad. Harps with a handful of yellows, Ollie Horgan deservedly sent off for ironically clapping in the face of the ref, but Rob Hennessy has been beyond atrocious. He's a truly terrible referee.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Sligo missing Buckley alot,Pijnaker not up to it at all,we’re playing ok though,miles better than last week
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Sligo are very bad. Harps with a handful of yellows, Ollie Horgan deservedly sent off for ironically clapping in the face of the ref, but Rob Hennessy has been beyond atrocious. He's a truly terrible referee.
    Awful referee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Dodgy penalty for that equaliser. Have to be winning games like this against 10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Better from Pats in the second half, but wasteful in front of goal again, and a soft goal conceded. However, two points gained on Derry, so. Good night.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    The gaps in the league table looks pretty reflective and fair of the season so far.

Three leagues in it, European teams (1st to 4th), midtable (5th to 8th) and the two play off teams.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Bohs showed nothing other than a great free kick.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    Bohs showed nothing other than a great free kick.
    True, but that was not a penalty, bad as Kelly’s positioning was, dive all day. Mr rovers strikes again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Another horrendous second half in the Rob Hennessy show. Delighted to hang on for the three points, massive for us after the shambles in Belfield last week.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Controlling the game, not creating enough actual chances, not taking them when do, not testing the keeper, etc.
    That could apply to most Derry matches this season.

Frustrating, albeit it entertaining, night, and exactly the result I expected (5 points in the Prediction League, thank you very much).
    If I was looking for the positives; we played well, Mickey Duffy looked good and played plenty of minutes, Akintunde had a good game, and both Rovers and Dundalk have lost there recently.

Drogheda were decent too, physical when they needed to be, not picking up too many yellows, looked dangerous at times. Feels like they should be higher up the table than they are, going by tonight. Cracking free from Rooney. Drogs hit the post too, but judging from the angle, it would have been fortunate to go in.

Couple of diving incidents tonight for us, poor form. Not certain about Akintunde's one that he got booked for, but Graydon should surely have been booked for his.
    Would love to see the league actually tackle the issue by reviewing footage and handing out suspensions.

In classic #GLIWT stuff, we subbed off McEleney when we meant to sub off Patching.
    https://twitter.com/thebiscuitg/stat...ZDuR_pqQA&s=19

Elsewhere, that feels like a big win for Harps tonight.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Massive night at the top of the First Division. A come from behind win for us in Cobh while Galway lose at home to Bray. That puts us 7 points clear now. I would like to think we can't throw this away but I'm not celebrating just yet going by the previous 2 results, especially the Treaty game. Just want to be out of this god awful division once and for all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Going to be a back and forth between ourselves and UCD till the end of the season,the first team that can actually put 2 results together in a row might be enough,just about got over the line tonight but a huge win for us after last week’s debacle….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Better from Pats in the second half, but wasteful in front of goal again, and a soft goal conceded. However, two points gained on Derry, so. Good night.
    Have to say I actually enjoyed that game. One of our better performances (even if we gifted Pat's two goals and I don't know how those two shots off the woodwork stayed out)

Didn't enjoy result from Donegal of course, but Bray beating Galway gives hope for next week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    I would like to think we can't throw this away but I'm not celebrating just yet going by the previous 2 results, especially the Treaty game.
    Celebrate, it's over.

Galway had their chances to close the gap, or go ahead even, and haven't taken it. It'll be Cork up next season, and I'd guess the Premier team (Harps?) to win the playoff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Have to say I actually enjoyed that game. One of our better performances (even if we gifted Pat's two goals and I don't know how those two shots off the woodwork stayed out)

Didn't enjoy result from Donegal of course, but Bray beating Galway gives hope for next week
    Was an entertaining enough game , particularly in the second half. I thought in fairness to UCD they gave us a good game. I could pick holes in certain parts of our performance but just relived to get the three points especially with results elsewhere. A week off is needed after the hectic ones in recently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    Massive night at the top of the First Division. A come from behind win for us in Cobh while Galway lose at home to Bray. That puts us 7 points clear now. I would like to think we can't throw this away but I'm not celebrating just yet going by the previous 2 results, especially the Treaty game. Just want to be out of this god awful division once and for all.
    Let me be the first to welcome you back to the Premier😬

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Celebrate, it's over.

Galway had their chances to close the gap, or go ahead even, and haven't taken it. It'll be Cork up next season, and I'd guess the Premier team (Harps?) to win the playoff.
    Galways recent results have thankfully went our way, which I'm incredibly grateful for. I do believe that it's almost a certainty, but I would be more relaxed if we get the 3pts in our next game against Longford before our trips to Waterford and Galway.

I haven't forgotten our monumental collapse in 2017 when we were 18pts ahead and fell over the line.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    A few points from Tolka:
    Both sides lacking a bit of quality. Bohs looked like a team of strangers and really missing cutting edge in the attacking third without Devoy and Omochere. Their team is almost unrecognisable from the past few years. Burt is their best attacker by a distance yet was on the bench til the 2nd half. What's that all about? Related to the rumour he's going to Rovers next year?
    Lots of needle, especially in the first half the lads in wide positions were having a right go at one another. Fair few yellows in the second as well actually.
    Bohs completely unable to make the extra man count. Probably related to lots of them being new and not having much relationship with each other on the pitch.
    Some v odd ref decisions. Apparently the pen was never a pen. And I'm not sure if the red deserved a red. I actually think the Bohs left back could have deserved red but he only got yellow.
    At 11v11 Shels dominated most of the ball but didn't create much. Couple of long range efforts that were expertly saved by the Bohs keeper. He looked v good.
    Duffer seems a peculiar chap. At the final whistle he legged it from the dugout across the pitch over to the Shels singing section, ran along the touchline slapping his Shels badge for the crowd then down the tunnel. Bit of an OTT celebration for a 1-1 draw between 2 poorish mid table teams I thought.
    Cracking atmosphere from the Shels faithful all game it must be said. Fair play.
    Tolka is much improved from the last time I was there. It's still a relic, but they've clearly put a bit of work into it and spruced it up. It was a right dump last time I was there. If they could just paint the roof of the two stands red to match the rest of the ground it would look quite well. I just love the old grounds where you're so close to the pitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Let me be the first to welcome you back to the Premier😬
    When we officially get there, I will very much look forward to the more attractive away trips such as Dalymount 😀

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Celebrate, it's over.

I think given Galways form it's very much ours bar a historic collapse but our run in isn't that straight forward.
    We play Longford at home next and then Galway and Waterford away back to back. It's not inconceivable that we could take 1 point from the next three games which could open the door a crack for either Galway or Waterford. Then we have Wexford at home and they have given us a tough time every time we've played them.
    Not gonna celebrate until we have our hands on the trophy but tonight was a big step, especially coming from behind.
    Brilliant that it was Ruairi Keating with the two goals tonight who was very much a Caulfield reject. Hea been a brilliant signing for us this season.

Free hit at the Brandywell next week in the cup, nothing to lose.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast