Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Paddy Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    Kenny is deluded if he thinks he's going to be challenging Given for his place in the Ireland team. Next year he's more likely to be challenging Logan, Randolph, Supple and Henderson just for a place in the squad (Given and Doyle will be first and second choice).
    nobody has mentioned this yet but given is 31 now and for the first time in a number of years he has missed sizeable chunks of the season...this could possibly be simply bad luck but may also be a sign of his advancing years. he has played a hell of a lot of football both domestically and internationally the last 7 years.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Given is as good a as goal head-start for Ireland, as could be seen when he was not around. Doyle Logan, Randolph, Supple and Henderson are all unproven, with only Supple playing any number of games in two seasons.

I was shocked how badly Kenny performed in Cyprus but no one else played any better. Stan loves Henderson, bith he was poor in both his competitive starts.

IMO Kenny should be brough back in for the Denmark game and the remainder of the qualifiers as he is the only keeper with experience of playing at that kind of level.

But if not whoever is going to be Given's backup, he must get half a game against the Danes with the regular center-half pairing on the field.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think this insight should end the forum
    Paddy Kenny= MUCK
    no to his comeback
    he shouldnt never have been played
    "People say football is a matter of life or death. I believe its far more important than that."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Beer-Baron View Post
    I think this insight should end the forum
    Paddy Kenny= MUCK
    no to his comeback
    he shouldnt never have been played
    I agree 100%. Let him be banished from the Ireland team forever like the other deadwood such as Connolly and Doherty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    I can think of three world class saves Kenny made against Cyprus. He made a direct mistake for 1 goal. Thats it. Henderson ahs shown fcuk all reason to be ahead of Kenny.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    cant believe all this negativity about him, hes a good shot stopper and well deserves his place

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He is a terrible keeper, for every half decent save he makes he lets in a couple of soft goals, isnt big enough to dominate his goal and not fast enough off his line.

He got his chance and was absolute sh1t, he inspired nothing but nervousness in the defenders in front of him.

We have better options than him in Doyle, Henderson and judging him on his peformance against liverpool, Randolph.

But they can all wait for another 5 years, Given is still the best goal keeper in the world at present.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Henderson = MUCK

Doyle = ?????

Kenny has done well all season in the premier league and those of you who say he is muck are talking out of your arses. The central defenders and (lack of) central midfielders should take the blame for Cyprus
    "No regrets, none at all. My only regret is that we went out on penalties. That's my only regret. But no, no regrets." -Mick McCarthy

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danonion View Post
    Henderson = MUCK

Doyle = ?????

Kenny has done well all season in the premier league and those of you who say he is muck are talking out of your arses. The central defenders and (lack of) central midfielders should take the blame for Cyprus
    Yes those self same same central defenders that Given has had to play behind for the majority of the last few years. I love people sticking up fro Kenny who coveniently forget to mention his penultimate appearance for us, the Dutch game. All the defence's fault there aswell was it?
    Last edited by youngirish; 18/05/2007 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Given wouldn't have been able to do a lot with O'Shea and O'Brien in front of him. They've the combined football brain of Phil Babb. The central midfield against Cyprus was the worst ever fielded by an Irish senior team too, that I can remember. Kenny just happened to be unlucky with the 2 games he played in. There's no way we'd have got anything out of the game with Given in goal. He's not a miracle worker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    Given wouldn't have been able to do a lot with O'Shea and O'Brien in front of him. They've the combined football brain of Phil Babb. The central midfield against Cyprus was the worst ever fielded by an Irish senior team too, that I can remember. Kenny just happened to be unlucky with the 2 games he played in. There's no way we'd have got anything out of the game with Given in goal. He's not a miracle worker.
    We did the year before though and Cyprus were just as dominant then.

Anyways, Given inspires confidence throughout the defence and team. They mightn't have been so jittery with Shay in goals.
    I think I should the parachute, because I'm great.

In fact, I think I should get both parachutes, in case one doesn't work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn-Ado View Post
    We did the year before though and Cyprus were just as dominant then.
    Can't agree with that at all. Cyprus could easily have beaten us by a record score last year. They just walked through the midfield at will.

I'm not too bothered if Kenny gets a call up or not but I don't want him to be remembered the way he is atm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    Yes those self same same central defenders that Given has had to play behind for the majority of the last few years. I love people sticking up fro Kenny who coveniently forget to mention his penultimate appearance for us, the Dutch game. All the defence's fault there aswell was it?
    Largely yes, the Dutch could have got 10 that day. Kenny is being unfairly scapegoated, IMO.
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    And what happens if given gets injured ?? Paddy Kenny is our second best keeper as regards experience and ability. Anyone who is ruling him out is kidding themselves , why would we start turning experienced people away ?
    Hope he gets a move to the premiership and does well.
    Was he crazy!! Yeah , in a very special way , an Irishman.
    I slept, and dreamed that life was Beauty;
    I woke, and found that life was Duty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    stan wont pick him again anyway. went home after the cyprus game claiming to be injured for the czech game yet he was fine on the saturday playing for the blades. there's not much i agree with stan about but if he's not comitted than good luck to him, give doyle or murphy a chance

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neville neville View Post
    stan wont pick him again anyway. went home after the cyprus game claiming to be injured for the czech game yet he was fine on the saturday playing for the blades.
    And they were on the same day.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    The criticism of Kenny is over the top, you can't blame him for the Cyprus debacle. Given would have made a difference but you can't compare a keeper only winning his 2nd cap with a veteran and vocal keeper like Given. I see our best keepers as Given, Kenny and Doyle.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    . I see our best keepers as Given, Kenny and Doyle.
    Correct. And Kenny may well have saved the shot against the Czechs. Alo the mess against San Marino, which so easily could have been a draw.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Kenny at fault for 1 goal in Cyprus, makes 2 superb saves in same game that I can recall.

Henderson should have saved Koller's equaliser against Czechs and directly responsible for the single most embarassing goal ever conceded by Ireland, period.

So Henderson is better than Kenny? Interesting logic!

Personally I think neither is the standard we require, at the moment anyway. The only advantage Henderson has over Kenny is youth and hence might get there in time. He has talent but I think he is prone to poor decision making. Some keepers learn, others are just innately rash at times. Also, in both keepers' cases, it can be quite easy to look good at weak teams. It's far more difficult to look good at a better team and to command the respect of your defenders and other outfield players.

In fairness to Henderson, I thought he exuded confidence against the Czechs. I hope he fares well at a promotion chasing Preston next season, it could be the making of him. I actually have no fears about our goalkeeping cover and future, the only doubts I have are in our management's ability to recognise the real pecking order.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    He wouldn't be a first team player at any of those, Villa have Sorensen, Everton are only after signing Howard, and Wigan have England international Chris Kirkland. At best he'd be a back up to Howard (after releasing Wright) or Kirkland. Kiraly is a decent back up to Sorensen
    Villa only had Kiraly on loan, Stuart Taylor is no. 2 keeper. Kiraly is **** anyway.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast