Page 384 of 387 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386 ... LastLast
Results 7,661 to 7,680 of 7722

Thread: Eligibility Rules, Okay

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    So this is really helpful for us, there is zero chance of anyone who plays for us waiting 3 years to transfer

No one who is wanted will do that

only the Alex bruces of this world will go, but that's because they aren't in our managers thoughts

This is great news guys

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    I just thought of something else

I wouldn't want it, but it would be legal

Someone could play for England as a young player then fall out of favor and then if they would qualify for us, they could play for us etc etc

I really wouldn't want that though

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    I just thought of something else

I wouldn't want it, but it would be legal

Someone could play for England as a young player then fall out of favor and then if they would qualify for us, they could play for us etc etc

I really wouldn't want that though
    Yes that's possible!The distinction being they didn't have to file paper work to make the one-off switch. So Rice was ineligible for us as soon as he kicked a ball for England at any level, but could switch back if he's never picked.

However if the likes of Louie Barry etc. go through the ranks of England, he could play 3 qualifiers before he turns 21 and then declare for us 3 years after his last senior appearance.

Once Obafemi is tied to us, I don't see a negative to this. He'll be confirmed once he makes his 4th appearance of any kind at senior level or he appears once after his 21st birthday in July 2021

Crowley should be good to go as soon as this passes too.
    Last edited by ColourfulPeanut; 21/08/2020 at 10:59 AM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColourfulPeanut View Post
    The only potential negative from this is Obafemi and even then, he's an unlikely flight risk.
    I'm sure Paul O'Shea will arrive soon to correct me but Obafemi is not a flight risk full stop. He's made his position clear and he's very happy with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I'm sure Paul O'Shea will arrive soon to correct me but Obafemi is not a flight risk full stop. He's made his position clear and he's very happy with it.
    Thought O'Neill tied him to us in Nations League no?
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Thought O'Neill tied him to us in Nations League no?

There's a rule change floating around, have a look in other threads, game changer if ratified.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    The whole Obafemi "flight risk" thing is absurd. I doubt he's going to sit out three years to play for Nigeria based on one snub. In any event, it's a non-starter unless that rule is actually implemented.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    The whole Obafemi "flight risk" thing is absurd. I doubt he's going to sit out three years to play for Nigeria based on one snub. In any event, it's a non-starter unless that rule is actually implemented.
    He would hypothetically have to wait 15 months. But correct he is going nowhere

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    As a side note, it's nice that Kenny is so committed to his system that he'd choose to bring a largely unproven guy like Parrot and leave Obafemi out, but I honestly think this could have been handled better. Oba has really had a great start to his career with Southampton and surely there was a way to include him or deliberately have a private chat about the thinking behind closed doors. Maybe that's overly coddling Obafemi but on paper I think the player has a right to be disappointed. He's doing well with Saints and Parrot has realistically done nothing to earn a call-up ahead of him (that said hope he's banging them in with Millwall shortly).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    We're bound to be a bit delicate in these matters after the two claret and blue lads carry on. Hopefully is doesn't drag on or turn into a thing, because the media will only love it.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    So why wouldn't Callum Robinson have been halted too so ?

As I understood it Luxembourg kicking up has caused all this.
    The FAI were required to present extensive documentation to support Ryan's switch application, one such document was an exact list of games that Ryan played for Luxembourg. That document is mandatory, failure to provide such a document that affects the status of the application is interpreted as deception and heavy sanctions can follow, eg a 3 nil loss in every game that player plays in, should the opposition object within the allowed time (24hours?). That happened in Africa some years ago. The onus is on the association making the application to present all the documentation to FIFA.
    Whether Luxembourg made noise or not is irrelevant, the document of Ryans's Luxembourg international record had to be presented to FIFA legal dept. as well as a copy of Ryan's irish nationality status, passport etc.

Who knows what happened with Callum, either the FAI did not present all the documentation or the manipulative hand of Delaney eg. brought in a few documents to the legal dept and asked for them to be approved, said it was all kosher but "we" need to rush it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    So this happened over and over down the years geysir and no player was blocked before, then Luxembourg object and the lad is suddenly blocked and its upheld, yet the Luxembourg input is irrelevant ? OK

And Robinson was a brown envelope job. Ok

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    eligibility players to pursue in my modest opinion

Mikey Johnston
    Daniel Crowley
    Ryan Johansson
    Nathan Redmond
    Paddy Bamford
    Alex McCarthy
    Alfie McCalmont

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    So this happened over and over down the years geysir and no player was blocked before, then Luxembourg object and the lad is suddenly blocked and its upheld, yet the Luxembourg input is irrelevant ? OK

And Robinson was a brown envelope job. Ok
    Think a bit before replying. sarcasm don't make it.
    The real conspiracy is the opinion that it was dem Luxembourgians who caused it and stopped Ryan from switching to Ireland.

It happened before in Africa because the relevent associations did not present all the documents, had they presented all the documents to FIFA they would not have been sactioned. And I would not put it past the the FAI under Delaney to pull some stroke. Is that a conspiratorial thought?
    Have you any other examples apart from Callum whereby a player was allowed to switch but was not entitled to do so?
    There are plenty of examples of FIFA legal dept.refusing switich applications because the player was not entitled to switch, not because some association made a fuss objecting to the switch.
    Either you present evidence to the contrary or go to the corner with your tinfoil hat.

And Dan Crowley, why do you think his application was refused?
    Last edited by geysir; 24/08/2020 at 10:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    It’s ironic that it is Luxembourg who are making the objection to Fifa about Ryan switching to Ireland. If Fifa do block Ryan’s switch, he has stated in that case he will declare for Sweden.
    But, but geysir old chap I'm only going by what you said here, about y'know, Luxembourg and their objection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Think a bit before replying. sarcasm don't make it.
    The real conspiracy is the opinion that it was dem Luxembourgians who caused it and stopped Ryan from switching to Ireland.

It happened before in Africa because the relevent associations did not present all the documents, had they presented all the documents to FIFA they would not have been sactioned. And I would not put it past the the FAI under Delaney to pull some stroke. Is that a conspiratorial thought?
    Have you any other examples apart from Callum whereby a player was allowed to switch but was not entitled to do so?
    There are plenty of examples of FIFA legal dept.refusing switich applications because the player was not entitled to switch, not because some association made a fuss objecting to the switch.
    Either you present evidence to the contrary or go to the corner with your tinfoil hat.

And Dan Crowley, why do you think his application was refused?
    How about presenting some evidence that Callum Robinsons switch was a blind eye shady deal ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    The FAI were required to present extensive documentation to support Ryan's switch application, one such document was an exact list of games that Ryan played for Luxembourg. That document is mandatory, failure to provide such a document that affects the status of the application is interpreted as deception and heavy sanctions can follow, eg a 3 nil loss in every game that player plays in, should the opposition object within the allowed time (24hours?). That happened in Africa some years ago. The onus is on the association making the application to present all the documentation to FIFA.
    Whether Luxembourg made noise or not is irrelevant, the document of Ryans's Luxembourg international record had to be presented to FIFA legal dept. as well as a copy of Ryan's irish nationality status, passport etc.

Who knows what happened with Callum, either the FAI did not present all the documentation or the manipulative hand of Delaney eg. brought in a few documents to the legal dept and asked for them to be approved, said it was all kosher but "we" need to rush it.
    This is just all nonsense. What happened was Luxembourg did their own research and made FIFA investigate Ireland's nationality laws after it became clear Johnasson's mother wasn't born here and his passport application was recent. Ryan had the right to Irish nationality at birth but his parents had to fill in a form which conflicts with a single line in FIFA's rules that will no longer apply and was never meant for this reason in the first place. It was put in place to stop naturalised citizens being scouted like rugby does. They're removing that now because they're not bothered any more.

Robinson isn't the first granny rule English player to get through the foreign birth register loophole because it's a quirk of our nationality law that FIFA were 100% unaware of and England didn't care. It was against the spirit of the rule anyway. Luxembourg kicked up a fuss because they were annoyed and found the loophole. Crowley and any subsequent applications were going to have the same rules applied

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I think "we" should try to get that Alex McCarthy fellow, if the new rules are confirmed. the guy is eligible it seems, played only in a friendly,and he is a super modern keeper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Pretty sure he's not eligible, unless you have evidence to the contrary?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Pretty sure he's not eligible, unless you have evidence to the contrary?
    This article seems to indicate he was/is eligible for us, but no clue on credibility:

https://www.extratime.com/articles/1...hoose-ireland/