Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth sacked

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    €50k is approx. 1% of the prize money Dundalk have earned from Europe so far this year , so in relative terms a small fine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    50k is 50k no matter what prize money is earned. Its at minimum one decent players wage. Maybe Rovers would be willing to suck it up but its not that long ago that 50k would have broken DFC. FG wasnt initially allowed on the bench v Arsenal iirc, but was then allowed. Is that his or DFC's fault. 'Shadow coaching' happens all the time with various coaches giving instructions. The only error here is maybe naming a head coach without the appropriate badge, Keegan was named as manager in subsequent games. I get the reason behind having pro qualified coaches but its ott and unnecessary when the head coach has a significant background in the game. Call it recognised prior leaning. Keep on gloating though Mr P.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    €50k is approx. 1% of the prize money Dundalk have earned from Europe so far this year , so in relative terms a small fine
    I think the earnings this year will 'only' be around 3.2M, so its still a fair chunk to lose, but I suppose in terms of the starting figure it can be managed. Not sure if this is excessive by UEFA or should DFC have taken additonal steps to mitigate against a potential fine.

There is also some info floating around that DFC got 150k for no fouls v Arsenal, thats pure b/s in my view, nothing was confirmed, pure twitter rubbish.

On the Pro Course, a local journalist posted this am, there is only a window to enroll every 2 years and it takes 18 months...................bring back Vinny !! (he has his badges now)
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    If earnings are 3.2 by the time travel + bonus payments are paid to players, managersss FG SK VP JG AR that number will come down a lot and 50 k is a big kick in the ass for any loi club.
    In DFC case Peak6 have lots of money and the 50k wont make a blind bit of difference to them one way or the other.
    Its the principal i have a problem with, the whole badges thing is BS.
    Call FG the Director of Football and SK the head coach and UEFA are happy but the situation is the same

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Doubt the yanks will care less about the 50k fine tbh he was their man they knew he didn’t have the badges and they’ll take that on the chin without even blinking you would think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I get the reason behind having pro qualified coaches but its ott and unnecessary when the head coach has a significant background in the game. Call it recognised prior leaning.
    Sometimes known as "Grandfathering":
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather_clause

Afaik, when the FA tightened up on coaching qualifications, Sir Alex Ferguson had to rely on this.

But I somehow doubt that Giovagnoli is another Sir Alex.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    No disrespect, but that (amateurish) attitude is precisely one of the things which has held back Coaching on these islands, and explains why so few British/Irish people coach abroad these days.

The best way to think of it is to replace "Coaching" with "Teaching" - you never send a teacher into the classroom unless he/she had a degree and a relevant qualification, even though some without them could do the job well and those with them cannot.

These days, as well as players, Portugal produces top Coaches/Managers out of all proportion to its size. And the main reason is because they treat it very seriously as a Profession, with internationally-recognised University degrees and the like, eg:
    https://football.fmh.ulisboa.pt/

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    50k is 50k no matter what prize money is earned. Its at minimum one decent players wage. Maybe Rovers would be willing to suck it up but its not that long ago that 50k would have broken DFC. FG wasnt initially allowed on the bench v Arsenal iirc, but was then allowed. Is that his or DFC's fault. 'Shadow coaching' happens all the time with various coaches giving instructions. The only error here is maybe naming a head coach without the appropriate badge, Keegan was named as manager in subsequent games. I get the reason behind having pro qualified coaches but its ott and unnecessary when the head coach has a significant background in the game. Call it recognised prior leaning. Keep on gloating though Mr P.
    Wether you agree with them or not, the rules are there to be complied with and these are the rules and regs signed up to by clubs.

There is no gloating, I am a Dundalk fan, and take no pleasure in highlighting such issues. However, these 'liberal' interpretation of the rules by the FAI have been going on for years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    If earnings are 3.2 by the time travel + bonus payments are paid to players, managersss FG SK VP JG AR that number will come down a lot and 50 k is a big kick in the ass for any loi club.
    In DFC case Peak6 have lots of money and the 50k wont make a blind bit of difference to them one way or the other.
    Call FG the Director of Football and SK the head coach and UEFA are happy but the situation is the same
    There was also expenses to be added into the 3.2M figures, as Uefa allowed travel expenses for the pre round single leg games for away team, so DFC will be due addtional monies for the trips to Hungary, Moldova and Andorra. There is no expenses for the group games, that's built into the base figure of 2.92 M for each club.

50k is a still a big fine whatever way its dressed up, but P6 can easily absorb this, however it might be 50k less invested into the team for 2021.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    P6 can easily absorb this, however it might be 50k less invested into the team for 2021.
    Isn't there a question mark as to whether P6 have ever invested anything into Dundalk in the first place?

They can't absorb anything if they don't invest.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Found that Pat's fine actually in an old issue of STIG - €15k in 2008 for "something something licensing", as John Delaney put it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Parker View Post
    Wether you agree with them or not, the rules are there to be complied with and these are the rules and regs signed up to by clubs.

There is no gloating, I am a Dundalk fan, and take no pleasure in highlighting such issues. However, these 'liberal' interpretation of the rules by the FAI have been going on for years.

If I stand behind the dugouts and shout at the players am I shadow coaching and leaving the club open to being fined. As long as there is a prolicence holder on the bench its just about job titles after that, manager, head coach, first team coach or just simple coach, which is daft. If there is a requirement that all must need a pro licence that is daft too. If SK is nominated as head coach, why shouldnt his coaching staff step up to coach. Its not uncommon for a manager to sit and observe while the assistant prowls the technical area barking instructions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Parker View Post

Apologies if Ive jumped the gun, at times it seems that the ills of LoI/FAI get emphasised by IL fans. Maybe that has to do with the past tendancies for LoI fans to look down on IL. We really are only starting on a new phase of FAI admin, previously as everyone know 1 individual did his best to keep LoI as a basketcase. So maybe still a touchy subject. IL structures have been worked on with a view for longer term develoment and sustainability so is well ahead on that. We know the weaknesses our league has and the mountain of work that is needed. Debates will rage on on how to improve and develop and maybe you are right that some rules have been overlooked. In this particular case, and yes rules are there to be adhered to, but its wishy washy stuff when coaching staff can have titles tweaked to suit. The bigger 'rule' that Id have issue with is that any ground can be licenced if there is a planning appication in for a new ground/development - which could take 20 or 13 years or never.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 02/12/2020 at 11:14 PM.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Apologies if Ive jumped the gun, at times it seems that the ills of LoI/FAI get emphasised by IL fans. Maybe that has to do with the past tendancies for LoI fans to look down on IL. We really are only starting on a new phase of FAI admin, previously as everyone know 1 individual did his best to keep LoI as a basketcase. So maybe still a touch subject. IL structures have been worked on with a view for longer term develoment and sustainability so is well ahead on that. We know the weaknesses our league has and the mountain of work that is needed. Dabates will rage on on how to improve and develop nd maybe you are right that some rules have been overlooked. In this particular case, and yes rules are there to be adhered to, but its wishy washy stuff when coaching staff can have titles tweaked to suit. The bigger 'rule' that Id have issue with is that any ground can be licenced if there is a planning appication in for a new ground/development - which could take 20 or 13 years or never.
    And you believe that oriel Park should have a Premier license?
    And Dalymount park, where any 5foot 6 inch person can touch the crossbar with their hand from a standing position?
    Lads let's be honest, lots of our facilities have licences and they shouldn't have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post
    No disrespect, but that (amateurish) attitude is precisely one of the things which has held back Coaching on these islands, and explains why so few British/Irish people coach abroad these days.

The best way to think of it is to replace "Coaching" with "Teaching" - you never send a teacher into the classroom unless he/she had a degree and a relevant qualification, even though some without them could do the job well and those with them cannot.

These days, as well as players, Portugal produces top Coaches/Managers out of all proportion to its size. And the main reason is because they treat it very seriously as a Profession, with internationally-recognised University degrees and the like, eg:

Your picking me up wrong , i have respect for the badges and am often struck at my local junior club at the difference in coaching the kids get from coaches "with badges " who have had some training and dads who are helping out.
    My issue is that at a professional club where qualified coaches are employed as they are at DFC saying the manager has to have a badge to manage is BS.
    What does it achieve?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post

100%, imagine a club trying to sort application for coaching jobs etc without asking for certain badges etc they'd be inundated.

This whole saga just makes PEAK 6 look clueless , appointing a basically unheard of coach from some kind of American SOCCER academy to a team that had been dominating a country's domestic game for 4 or 5 years. A man with little if any knowledge of the league or any real manager experience Can't see that happening in many other European top flights
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Your picking me up wrong , i have respect for the badges and am often struck at my local junior club at the difference in coaching the kids get from coaches "with badges " who have had some training and dads who are helping out.
    My issue is that at a professional club where qualified coaches are employed as they are at DFC saying the manager has to have a badge to manage is BS.
    What does it achieve?
    it achieves clubs not getting fines
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    And you believe that oriel Park should have a Premier license?
    And Dalymount park, where any 5foot 6 inch person can touch the crossbar with their hand from a standing position?
    Lads let's be honest, lots of our facilities have licences and they shouldn't have.
    Im not totally sure where ye are coming from on yer point. But yes, domestically Oriel Park meets the criteria for licencing and as does Dalymount. That may say more about the licencing system than the clubs in question. Clubs have been facilitated up to now as the alternative is to have those clubs not able to participate. It is what it is and will take time to sort out, but I dont think clubs should be excluded as a result. Otherwise we have no more than 4-5 clubs arguably that have facilities that meet expected levels of crowd accommadation. What would your quick fix be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Found that Pat's fine actually in an old issue of STIG - €15k in 2008 for "something something licensing", as John Delaney put it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Isn't there a question mark as to whether P6 have ever invested anything into Dundalk in the first place?

They can't absorb anything if they don't invest.
    Certainly question mark over what they paid, however they would have had to buy out the previous joint owners, but in terms of investing, the only part of that has been on wages really.

What I meant on absorb, the gross monies due from UEFA will be paid to P6, so they will be currently on 50k less from around 3m that goes to them, as they will already have paid all travel exps / bonus etc.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast