Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Callum Robinson (F West Brom b.1995)

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Highlights of the match, coming back from 2-0 down v Chelsea is pretty good going, plenty of Irish involvement and Sheffield
    are the team to watch from and Irish point of view starting with 3 Irish and finishing with 4!!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Has opened the scoring in the cup for United, albeit only against AFC Fylde. Nonetheless, he needed it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Gone to West Brom on loan.Decent move you’d think.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Scored today in a 2-2 draw. Also looked to have a perfectly good winner ruled out with the last kick of the game. Looking like a good move for him to West Brom.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    nice finish
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Second in two games as he opens the scoring against Bristol City: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51512266

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Scored one and set up the other as West Brom were promoted last night. Missed a sitter as well though which would have sealed it for them earlier.

So he's now involved with two premier league teams, but not guaranteed to be with either next season. Will West Brom pay the 7 or 8 million Sheffield United are apparently looking for given he hasn't been a regular for them in recent weeks? Wilder seems to have made his mind up that his future isn't at Sheffield United. Also possible that another top end championship team or lower end premier league team might go for him. He makes intelligent runs, gets into good positions and creates chances for others as well as himself. So, although he is not the finished article, there is a good player in there if properly utilised.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    He had a very lively game last night alright. He does look like he has something about him at club level but he has looked a bit lost at international level.

In general I think everyone has a clean slate under Kenny, including experienced underperformers like Hendrick and Brady, but also Robinson and even James Collins. This is because I think (hope!) Kenny has a better feel for the modern game, has a set idea of what attributes he wants in a player and might also find a way of playing that is generally more cohesive, so fewer players will be isolated and feeding off scraps. I felt recent managers played players in roles that didn't suit them, and in O'Neill's specific case you could add that players didn't know what they were expected to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    defending was shocking for the pass, nice anticipation from Robinson
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    I think there's a log jam of players in his position at West Brom. They have Grosicki, Phillips, Pereira, Diangana and Krovinovic to play behind the 9, with Robson-Kanu and Austin battling it out there also. It looks like he was in ahead of Robson-Kanu and Austin last night but he can fill the wide forward roles. Pereira and Diangana are probably the standout attacking midfielders but West Ham will surely want the latter back. Perhaps if West Brom don't identify a suitable improvement on their present options they'll turn to him.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Next season well see as many irish premier league players we have had in a very long time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Next season well see as many irish premier league players we have had in a very long time
    There's been 21 this season already, and there's still a chance for Dunne, Coventry, or Ferry to make an appearance on Sunday.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    There's been 21 this season already, and there's still a chance for Dunne, Coventry, or Ferry to make an appearance on Sunday.
    All three are with teams with little to play for so hopefully at least one of them gets a run.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Robinson may be going to WBA, with Oliver Burke going from WBA to the Blades in a swap (Lancashire Live, 24 August).

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    If Chris Wilder can turn Oliver Burke in to a premier league standard footballer he's an even better coach than I thought.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Now officially a West Brom player. Great news for West Brom in that they managed to offload the dreadful Oliver Burke at the same time as well.

It was difficult to judge Robinson last season with Sheffield United as he didn't seem to fit into their system at all. This coming season will tell us a lot more about whether there's a Premier League standard player in there or not. If it doesn't work out for him at West Brom he's destined to spend his career in the Championship I think.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    He is a good player Robinson......but not a get player ......if you will

He will defo be handy for us but never a star

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    I could see him starting on the right of a front three in October

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Now officially a West Brom player. Great news for West Brom in that they managed to offload the dreadful Oliver Burke at the same time as well.

It was difficult to judge Robinson last season with Sheffield United as he didn't seem to fit into their system at all. This coming season will tell us a lot more about whether there's a Premier League standard player in there or not. If it doesn't work out for him at West Brom he's destined to spend his career in the Championship I think.
    I think this is fair. I've rated him for a while because having seen Ireland line manys a time he stood out for his movement and vision he just seemed to be on a different wavelength(which like Robbie Keane is not necessarily a good thing) to the others. Never rated cod and I think his chance has passed Robinson probably has one more season of games with Ireland to prove himself and that's it.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    I also don't rate o'dowda (nor did his club manager particularly) but kenny must given he started him in both games ahead of robinson and long.

I would still think Long is the best option as a wide right forward but I can appreciate it's a short term solution.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast