Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixtures 28th/29th/1st

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Pace or not RH defenders were flocking back to cover Rogers sweeper keeper moment, it wasnt a nailed on red card. Thing is though is that Rovers spurned clear cut chances, if playing 11 v 10 Rovers I dont think much would have changed. Soaking up pressure then hit on the break, we probably would have sat in and been more difficult to break down. The goal was superbly taken by Gannon - McEleney likes creating chances in that very same area of the box in Tallaght ala the BATE match.
    He was getting to that ball before it got past the east edge of the box, with nobody between him and the goal, on his good foot, that is about as clear a goalscoring opportunity as you'll get.

The law isn't would the attacking player definitely score its would they have a clear chance to and a shot into an empty goal from the edge of the box is definitely that. Compare that to Lloris' red vs psv last season and Rodgers is two red cards

Well you probably wouldn't have scored your goal that's a pretty big change
    Last edited by RathfarnhamHoop; 29/06/2019 at 9:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    That was the worst home performance in recent memory from us. Absolutely clueless. Fans let the players know how they felt at full time. I just walked out, I normally stay until they go down the tunnel. In truth, I should've left after 30 minutes. Yeah we are above Waterford but they have 3 games in hand.
    Cork are a reminder how quickly things can go wrong in football. Neck and neck with Dundalk this time last year, now they are hardly showing up for games. Confidence is huge in football, and I get the impression that players' confidence is on the floor. My own take is that success consists of a lot of small decisions being made right. None on their own is significant, but put together they are immense.

Despite the rivalry, I really feel for the genuine fans. It could happen to any club.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Rovers won't win as much as a raffle with Carr up front. I'd throttle him if I was his team mate. Every single time rovers attempted to play forward he was 20 yards offside. He has pace, good control and looks to be a really good player up until it comes to timing a run in behind, surprised Greene didn't start, he almost equalised off the bench but again he doesn't seem to have that killer instinct in front of goal and for that reason Rovers wont win a thing. Will be interesting to see if Cummins can change that. Definitely more of a hold up player than a striker that runs in behind but if you have the likes of Carr, Greene and Byrne running off him it could work.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Pats wn tonight but fans still hugely negative? Better off than the last couple of seasons if not the fancy football of a Buckley side!?
    Thought Pats were poor last night. I can understand their frustration cos they've been poor the three times I've seen them now, but they're very solid and good at ekeing out results. Less than a goal a game for and against tells a story though. Kenny's a bit like Caulfield in that I can see no mercy given if results dip

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Despite the rivalry, I really feel for the genuine fans. It could happen to any club.
    Its easier to feel when the rivalry has gone.

The realisation that Cork are no threat to anyone currently is probably what hurts fans the most. They will bounce back, but it may take some time and level headed decision making

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Rovers won't win as much as a raffle with Carr up front. I'd throttle him if I was his team mate. Every single time rovers attempted to play forward he was 20 yards offside. He has pace, good control and looks to be a really good player up until it comes to timing a run in behind, surprised Greene didn't start, he almost equalised off the bench but again he doesn't seem to have that killer instinct in front of goal and for that reason Rovers wont win a thing. Will be interesting to see if Cummins can change that. Definitely more of a hold up player than a striker that runs in behind but if you have the likes of Carr, Greene and Byrne running off him it could work.
    If you want to see what constant offside looks like, Carr is in the halfpenny place compared to Cummins. At least Carr makes runs behind even if they are often poorly timed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Cretato 'goal' last night.

https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Don't think I've ever seen a decision before like the one in tonights game in Finn Park.

Raf Cretaro smashed a ball from 40 yards, keeper spilled it, clearly caught it about two yards over the line and brought it out into play again.

Ref couldn't give the goal because the linesman fell over trying to get back into position....

It was truly one of the most mind boggling things I've ever seen at a football match.
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Cretato 'goal' last night.

Looks like it's not over the line to me. Certainly doesn't match your "mind boggling" description. Bit of home bias methinks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Never be able to tell for sure but from the video his foot is on the line and he seems to be reaching,it felt like a goal if you were in the ground,a Sligo fan on Twitter said he was directly in line and it was a foot over,luckily it all matters very little!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Angle of the video certainly not ideal alright.

But I think we can agree it's not two yards over the line anyway!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Judging by the still shot, the goalie has his foot on the line and has an outstretched arm to scoop the ball. I'd say it's at least 50.5cm over the line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    Waterford unlucky tonight. Bad defending from a corner in injury time left Bohs player free to score at the near post which is exactly what happened in our first home game v Shamrock Rovers. We also had a pitch invasion again by the away fans to celebrate the winner and a flare thrown onto the pitch which delayed the restart. Our security firm is getting a lot of criticism on social media for being too soft with away fans.
    Waterford were better team for most of 2nd half and didn't deserve to lose.
    Away fans celebrating a late late winner away from home, somewhat against the run of play 🤔 shocking stuff. We really must get this passion out of the game !
    Poor enough game that had 1-1 written all over it. Bohs have played much better and lost.
    Great to Nick the 3 points and sets up a cracker for Monday night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Just as well that you don't care,Agent Harry will be throwing another 3 points Rovers way on Monday.
    Yeah it’s a handy win for them to get them back on track. Kenny will probably be wearing a green and white scarf on the sideline

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    The league title chase is over but If Bohs narrow the gap with Rovers any further, Bradley will be sacked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    The next couple of seasons these matches are going to become bigger and bigger
    And shams do sooooo well in big matches 😁🤣

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Im fascinated to see what Corks response to last night's result will be on Monday,we'll find out if there's any fight left in the dog!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Away fans celebrating a late late winner away from home, somewhat against the run of play 🤔 shocking stuff. We really must get this passion out of the game !
    Poor enough game that had 1-1 written all over it. Bohs have played much better and lost.
    Great to Nick the 3 points and sets up a cracker for Monday night.
    Nothing wrong with passion but about 40 lads running onto the pitch and a flare being thrown on is over the top. Our security didn't even bother to try stop it or get the lads off the pitch. I presume both clubs will be fined if it's in referee's report.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Both clubs may be fined, but Bohs will get the heavier one. Waterford will be fined if they didn't do all they could to prevent it.
    Bohs fans have form for pitch invasions.

Handy win for ourselves in Cork, how times are changed. I'd wonder if Cotter will be staying in his role or not. Only a couple of weeks until the EL, and Cork can't be going out playing like that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Angle of the video certainly not ideal alright.

But I think we can agree it's not two yards over the line anyway!
    Two yards it certainly looked in the ground, the video doesn't do the argument huge favours but the still image from the video shows clearly enough he was well over the line.

IMG_20190629_101504.jpg
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    I don't think that shows anything clearly enough to be honest. Least of all the ball!

His boot is on the line. His arm being over the line - if it is - is only an issue if the rules have changed so that arms over the line count as a goal. The ball is pitchside of his arm, so even if his arm was over the line, it wouldn't follow that the ball is.

Close, but inconclusive I think. Still tending towards no goal, and that your initial comment was home bias I'm afraid

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast