Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Blues

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    816 Posts

Blues

Should be winning this comfortably against a poor blues side but you know posts like this are just inviting problems 😂 prediction 3-0 town
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    We very rarely beat them comfortably I don't expect Saturday to be much different to be honest. Another 1-0 for Town wouldn't surprise me. Three points is all that really matters though it'd be nice to see some goals.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    It depends who plays in midfield, I reckon Cousins will be tinkering with the midfield to see where Mark Salmon can fit in when he comes back (which will be sooner rather than later afaik)
    if he does tinker with it, I think Waterford could well get something out of the game 9/2 with William hill (way to big a price I think) really hope I'm wrong

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    He'll play Gorman and Rice in there. They're the men in possession and nobody else has done enough to get in ahead of them. He won't be tinkering if he doesn't have to, not against Waterford anyway. Salmo is still a few weeks away and will need to be eased back.
    Last edited by Longfordian; 04/04/2014 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    would like too see us play a 4-4-2 at some stage with cowan and sully up front just to see
    but yeah agree with above rice and ryhs. as long as he does not start hynes he cant go too wrong can he ?
    I think Smithers picked me because of my motivational skills.
    Everyone says they have to work a lot harder when I'm around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
    he cant go too wrong can he ?
    Where there's a will there's a way, or in our case a Tony :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Tony, Tony Tony, If Peter Hynes is the answer, then your asking the wrong question
    The truth fears no questions...
    It's only when the tide goes out that you learn who's been swimming naked

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Shocking result.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Meh. It wasn't a good result but there wasn't that much wrong with the performance. A bit (alot) more composure in front of goals and we'd have won it handy enough. We'll let in feck all goals this year if we keep the two Pats fit so if we can start scoring we'll win most of our games. Disappointing but still early days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Meh. It wasn't a good result but there wasn't that much wrong with the performance. .
    poor performance , glen o conner and shannon both had a poor game,o conners corners and crosses especially were bad!
    For TC to revert to hoof it to shaw tactics this week was frustrating and then to take off shaw and bring on that donkey hynes!!
    As for this " early days yet" argument it just doesnt cut it with me..
    hopefully we can play ball next sunday otherwise we will be in bother as were 4 points off top as is and need to keep the pressure on shels
    I think Smithers picked me because of my motivational skills.
    Everyone says they have to work a lot harder when I'm around.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    4 games out of 28 is early days by any standard. I've seen nothing to be afraid of from the other teams so far, nothing to suggest that we won't eventually take as many and more points off them as they do us. Not saying we don't need to improve and work on things, we clearly do have room for improvement. Just think talk of being "under pressure" after 4 games (three of which were against teams considered promotion rivals at the start) is nonsense.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    I havent being around in nearly a month but the more the weeks pass the more I am gettin worried. I thought Graham Lawlor would make a massive difference but its not him its TC. I am gettin rthr fed up now tbh.. We have scored feck all goals and Sully has not scored in over four games.. Fair enough we have a lot of clean sheets but we have to score too.. The longer this continues the more my dissatisfaction increases with TC. we make all these great signings and still we cant make headway. If things dont pickup after the next round of games I am sorry but TC has to go. My patience has worn thin with him at this stage.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    It's four feckin games, Shels, Galway and Waterford being three of those, as I said above most people would expect them to be our main challengers. We're a point off top if we win our game in hand. I'd be more worried about the lack of goals if we weren't creating anything but we are. Sully has hit the crossbar in two games, he's been denied by the keeper several times, we're dominating the games and it'll click soon enough hopefully. One good win could do it. We started like a house on fire the last two seasons and what happened? I'll wait until the summer before making any judgments about where we're going.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    I admire your optimism but I saw Shamrock Rovers B v Shels last week and Purdy is playin superb for them.. I wouldnt be surprised that we will get a draw out of this game as I was quite impressed with them.. Shels got a bit of a fright with them and so will we..Dont forget Tracey and Bayly will be bustin to prove a pt against TC next week.. Also why the hell was hynes ever brought back hes useless always was and always will be!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    On the other hand Wexford beat them on Friday. All teams will drop points. With the way our defence is playing we won't give much away. Just need a bit of luck at the other end and we'll be fine. We could easily have had three or four last night. Crossbar twice, two very good saves. No point getting worked up about things yet. As I said above nothing I've seen from any of the teams we've played makes me fear them over the season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Shamrock rovers B are not the same on Fridays and Saturdays as they are on Sundays at home, afaik they have all their home games on a Sunday that allows them to bring in 3 players from the 1st team squad.
    I was very dissapointed Rhys was dropped on Saturday the others don't seem to see the through ball to Sully when it's on, I'm not knocking the midfield on Saturday but it was all sideways and backwards to go forward, but then again when you are going to kick long balls up to Gary Shaw ( who had a good game) most of the night it doesn't really matter who's in midfield creative wise as they won't get a lot of ball
    I would prefer to see the 3 guys in midfield together I think they are a good balance, I thought it was only when Don Cowan came on that De Town started to create some good chances, up to that it was pretty poor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    816 Posts
    We all know I've been a huge critic of TC down the years but any calls for his head at this stage is nothing short of ridiculous! Last night was a dire game of football but if we took our chances and had a bit of luck we would have won it. We are dominating every 2nd half we play at the moment and that's because we have players like Stephen rice, pat sullivan, Flynn etc who will joy panick and know what it takes and up front we have a player in Sully who always gives us a chance no matter how we are playing.

As said above by Longfordian we are not going to ship goals at the back like we've done in previous years and yes while we need to score goals it's not like we aren't creating chances, if that was the case id be worried but it's not we've just been out of luck, simples.

As for Darklordsblane comments regarding Rhys, he was not dropped he was only just back from playing (and scoring) for the Irish colleges team in Wales during the week, while on another note for anyone wondering Jamie Mulhall was playing for the Irish u-18's in Czech Republic so didn't feature last night either.

As for your point regarding sideways and backwards passing, are you not one of the people who has constantly blasted TC for his route 1 style and only having one way of playing? Last night we started with the long ball to Shaw, it didn't work so 2nd half we decided to keep it on the deck and while it wasn't our best passing performance it does show we have different ways of playing this year which is great and will win us many many games.

Final point I feel the need to get off my chest, I have absolutely no time for Peter Hynes and I'm as shocked as any he was brought back to the club but the constant abuse he's getting on here and at games is just silly. Yes if he has a bad game it deserves to be pointed out but bar one or two headers he didn't contest last night he did ok when he came on and since that's the only roll he will play this year from the bench we may as well support him when he does it and hope that he grabs a few goals.

That's my 2 cents on it all.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I was't slagging off the side ways and backwards I was trying to point out Sully not get through balls for one on one with the keeper and I do think it is better than last year very early to bitch about anything there will be plenty of that in the latter stages I'm sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    816 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    I was't slagging off the side ways and backwards I was trying to point out Sully not get through balls for one on one with the keeper and I do think it is better than last year very early to bitch about anything there will be plenty of that in the latter stages I'm sure
    I agree we didn't look for enough through balls against Waterford but Rhys not playing was a large part of that. I would have started Russell in the number 10 personally he's not a wide left player and kept tucking in which left us with no width hence the reason don was so effective when he came on. But the fact Rhys will be back next week fills me with confidence because as he showed against Galway he can find that killer ball.