Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: League of Ireland Fans Unite against Racism

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

League of Ireland Fans Unite against Racism

Haven't posted here in a long while but wanted to let people know about this event on Saturday.

http://comeheretome.wordpress.com/20...8/never-again/

For those who don't know, Toyosi was a Shels youth player who was murdered in a racist attack last weekend.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Thank you BohsPartisan, this is a story that has shaken me to the core and has made me more determined than ever to ensure that every child in Monaghan and Cavan gets to take part in the Show Racism The Red Card Programme. My son is 15 and we lived not far from Toy and he would have been in school with him had we not moved back to Monaghan so it hits me on a personal level too. This can not happen on our watch people and as a group with a common interest we all need to be fighting against this in our own little football community.

Monaghan United Against Racism. RIP Toyois.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsPartisan View Post
    Haven't posted here in a long while but wanted to let people know about this event on Saturday.

For those who don't know, Toyosi was a Shels youth player who was murdered in a racist attack last weekend.
    Thanks BP and can only echo sentiments on this issue. Last weeks tragic events should bring home the seriousness of the issue to all of us. Important that we all show our abhorance at any form of racism and ensure this never happens again.
    Toyosi R.I.P.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Just finished my regular weekly slot on Athlone Community Radio and have given this a good plug

Racism has no place in society

Athlone Town against racism

Toyosi R.I.P.

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    A total loss of life . We need to act against the ignorant muppets in our society and as loi fans we have to react at games . I have constantly picked people up for stupid but racist comments at games over the years . I will continue to do so . Drogs against racism !

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    I'm sure that, like me, many people were very moved by the heartbreaking scenes shown on the News last night of Toyosi's funeral. As a League of Ireland supporter, It was particularly poignant to see the Shelbourne flag draped on his coffin. What a terrible, terrible thing to happen. R I P.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    good stuff BP - i hope there is a big turn out for this from anyone who can make it. RIP Toyosi.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsPartisan View Post

A few points and im not having a pop or belittle anything or anyone. It wasnt murder and it wasnt a racist attack and it had nothing to do with the poor chap being a shels player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lep View Post
    A few points and im not having a pop or belittle anything or anyone. It wasnt murder and it wasnt a racist attack and it had nothing to do with the poor chap being a shels player.
    Congratulations, you just did belittle it and his murder, which is generally what a stabbing is. Idiotic post. If it wasnt racially motivated then what was it? Im sorry for taking the bait here and hopefully this wont ruin the thread.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    On todays protest march - from yesterday's Irish Times

Mourners warned against protest as Toyosi is laid to rest

“NO AMOUNT of protest, no demonstration will bring back this boy’s soul. Your good mind is what he needs – not fighting, not crying,” Imam Shehu Adeniji told mourners at the funeral of Toyosi ****-bey, the 15-year-old Nigerian-born student killed last Friday in Tyrrelstown, west Dublin.

Referring afterwards to the march planned for Dublin city tomorrow, he said: “Demonstration is uncalled for. We do not approve of it. It is creating social unrest . . .”

Their concern was about the “intention of those who want to protest”, added the assistant imam at the mosque in Dublin’s Sheriff Street, Alhaj Saliu Adewunmi Adeniran. “It can instigate problems with teenagers and we are worried about where it might lead.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    fcuk me lep,your the dpp now,
    add me personnaly in the sentiments

racist scum will have no act or part in a decent,modern ireland
    A.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    was not going to contribute but lep what are you like, silly comment
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    even if thats your take on it lep your best to keep an opinion like that to yourself really wasn't needed here..

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    I thought the same thing listening to the Gardai being interviewed on the radio. That they didnt think it was racially motivated. I stand open to correction though. Not that its any comfort either way.
    Champions 2010
    Champions 2011
    Dick Brush 1 Sligo 0
    Bohs are going bust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    was not going to contribute but lep what are you like, silly comment
    How is it silly compared to the exagerrated comment in the opening post ? The opening post commented on what he thought it was and ive commented on what ive heard . Its a bit exteme to suggest it was a racist murder when we dont know for sure that was the case and it sure wasnt anything to do with him being a shels player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops1 View Post
    I thought the same thing listening to the Gardai being interviewed on the radio. That they didnt think it was racially motivated. I stand open to correction though. Not that its any comfort either way.
    How is it silly compared to the exagerrated comment in the opening post ? The opening post commented on what he thought it was and ive commented on what ive heard . Its a bit exteme to suggest it was a racist murder when we dont know for sure that was the case and it sure wasnt anything to do with him being a shels player.
    So this guys previous form is just coincidence then?

Paul Barry was involved in a similar attack that thankfully didn't lead to a death a few years back: http://www.independent.ie/national-n...on-345834.html

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Lep nobody suggested that it had anything to do with him being a shels player so i don't know where your getting that from. You also suggested it was'nt a murder???? What a stupid stupid comment to make when a young boy's life was ended with a knife last friday. You should'nt have commented when you clearly knew little or nothing about the sad event. hang your head in shame.

Well done to BP for starting the thread. Racial scum have no place in irish society.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    So this guys previous form is just coincidence then?
    You cant judge a case on past form. It was classed as a racist murder before the chaps past form came to light and we dont know the lead up to the incident to say for sure it was a racist murder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1895ringsend View Post
    Lep nobody suggested that it had anything to do with him being a shels player so i don't know where your getting that from. You also suggested it was'nt a murder???? What a stupid stupid comment to make when a young boy's life was ended with a knife last friday. You should'nt have commented when you clearly knew little or nothing about the sad event. hang your head in shame.

Well done to BP for starting the thread. Racial scum have no place in irish society.
    And you know for certain in was murder do you ? you was there was you ? was the accused charged with murder ? no.

A refrence to him being a shels player was made in the opening post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    Of course you can judge a person on past form, another ridiculous comment. Okay, well i think, despite me trying to address your questions, that you are simply refusing to acknowledge that this was murder and was racially motivated. I think you have hijacked the thread enough now and should stop posting here.

28. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast