Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers 2019 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    The Forrster rumour happened last year also but it is more persistant this year. Hopefully there is something to it as he is a fine player and the sort of player we missed in Europe the last 2 seasons after Finn left. But not at any cost with a transfer fee unless there is a mutual termination of his contract. There are likely player out too with Murray to Sligo still being spoken about and Benson yet to sign an extension, McEneff and Forrester possibly at Oriel next season, what was it Caulfield said about signing players we dont need.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Mceneff and forester would be improvements and def not in the category of signing to many squad players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I agree, and in that regard i was commenting with a touch of irony

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    By Robert O’Reilly

Drogheda United are delighted to announce the signings of James Brown and Cian Kavanagh from Shelbourne.

The pair were a part of the Shels side who won the Leinster Senior Cup last season as well as finishing third in the First Division before losing to the Drogs in the play-offs.

Brown, a 20-year-old centre-back, was a member of Shels’ Under-19s before being called-up to the senior side in April 2016 by Drogs assistant manager Kevin Doherty.

The Dubliner was a regular at Tolka Park last season as he made 19 appearances, scoring once.

Adding competition to the Drogheda midfield in 2019 will be 22-year-old Kavanagh who joined Shelbourne last season from UCD.

The former Shamrock Rovers man scored in Shelbourne’s Leinster Senior Cup victory over the Boynesiders back in April as he made 18 appearances in all competitions, scoring twice.

The additions of Brown and Kavanagh brings Drogheda’s squad to 10 for the new season with more expected in the near future.

Source droghedaunited.ie
    Drogheda United in this together

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I agree, and in that regard i was commenting with a touch of irony
    I did get that .
    If you guys sign players like mceneff and Forrester life is going to get very difficult for the rest of us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    There is always that question mark on longeivity of having access to deep pockets though for all the domestic successes. I'd like to know at what point return in investment happens, is just qualifying for Europe enough or is progression necessary as opposed to being a hope. Obviously the more we progress the better for us and the owners.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    Tim Clancy was on LOI Weekly a few months ago saying exactly the opposite. He was saying that English lower leagues emphasize athleticism etc whereas Scotland is less athletic but more technical. Now I don't know what to believe...
    Clancy is right - you have only to look at the players who excel in the Scottish league to see that. There's loads of guys like Forrest who are brilliant players but they'd be wasted in the Championship where the keeper is going to smashing balls at them all day. The LOI is a lower level than the Scottish Prem but more technical in my opinion, even if we don't have top-level operators like Ntcham.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    The LOI is a lower level than the Scottish Prem but more technical in my opinion
    You can't be serious...

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I didn't say more technically proficient.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    By Robert O’Reilly

Drogheda United are delighted to announce the signings of James Brown and Cian Kavanagh from Shelbourne.

e
    Presumably Drogheda are hoping he'll help them to " get on up" to the Premier division

I'll get my coat !
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

11. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Johnny Ward saying a possibility Chris Forrester returning to the league next season......
    If he is returning, it's not to Dundalk.........

James Rogers@jamesdundalkDundalk manager Stephen Kenny has dismissed speculation linking the club with a January move for Aberdeen's Chris Forrester
    https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/sta...72447075254273

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Dane Massey and Chris forester to rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Dane Massey and Chris forester to rovers
    along with a 10 goal a season hat stand

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Presumably Drogheda are hoping he'll help them to " get on up" to the Premier division

I'll get my coat !
    post of the day
    Drogheda United in this together

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    along with a 10 goal a season hat stand
    I could end up eating my hat on this come next November but with the rumours of Joe Gormley on Rovers' radar he could be an expensive hat stand. I've seen him play a good few times and while he is undoubtedly a top IL striker I dont think he would be anywhere near a 15 to 20 goal man in LoI. He is Kurtis Byrne like - a decent forward that can score the spectacular but not week in week out up against better drilled defences. The ball certainly doesnt stick to him as you would expect i suppose in a Cummins like way. He didnt take too well to full time football either. Maybe the 'rumours' were more throw away than having any substance but if he does move to Tallaght it will be interesting one way or another. His stats are good but not getting a NI call up considering that they do actually call up IL players well it doesnt reflect that well on how he is rated for a chap that has scored 30+ more than once. Mr Parker?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Is this the type of hatstand required?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I could end up eating my hat on this come next November but with the rumours of Joe Gormley on Rovers' radar he could be an expensive hat stand. I've seen him play a good few times and while he is undoubtedly a top IL striker I dont think he would be anywhere near a 15 to 20 goal man in LoI. He is Kurtis Byrne like - a decent forward that can score the spectacular but not week in week out up against better drilled defences. The ball certainly doesnt stick to him as you would expect i suppose in a Cummins like way. He didnt take too well to full time football either. Maybe the 'rumours' were more throw away than having any substance but if he does move to Tallaght it will be interesting one way or another. His stats are good but not getting a NI call up considering that they do actually call up IL players well it doesnt reflect that well on how he is rated for a chap that has scored 30+ more than once. Mr Parker?
    I'm not sure we create enough chances for a Hat stand to get 10 goals for us that was a compliment to you boys.
    I cant see Gormley joining he has at least one more season on his contract and Cliffdenville need his goals for the league or Europe. I've seen him play a few times and he never looks that good but always ends up in the right place at the right time.
    would love to get him but we've more chance of landing Dane Massey and Chris Forrester i reckon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I'm not sure we create enough chances for a Hat stand to get 10 goals for us that was a compliment to you boys.
    I cant see Gormley joining he has at least one more season on his contract and Cliffdenville need his goals for the league or Europe. I've seen him play a few times and he never looks that good but always ends up in the right place at the right time.
    would love to get him but we've more chance of landing Dane Massey and Chris Forrester i reckon
    It is indeed but silly season is upon us and hat stands is about as interesting a football is at the moment! I dont think the above example is exotic enough for Rover though. This would do a better job and there is space for the handbags too....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Is this the type of hatstand required?

No way. That’s a 7 goal a season hat stand at best (even if it has been capped) 😁

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    It is indeed but silly season is upon us and hat stands is about as interesting a football is at the moment! I dont think the above example is exotic enough for Rover though. This would do a better job and there is space for the handbags too....

They look more like Bohs type hatstands kinda arty and grungy

Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast