Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2021

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Rovers have banned multiple heads from Tallaght Stadium and tbh its noticeable how behaviour has changed.
    Yeah, there's now only six fireworks shot off from a gun at games.

I remember the days it used to be ten.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Source/pic?

https://mobile.twitter.com/danbyrne1...26075831681026

I presume this is what people are referring to.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    I read in the IT that the culprits come from the UK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Looks like it could be the guy furthest left (l-r)in the dalymount pic all right but not 100%. There are people at Bohs that will know and if involed with the trouble should never see the inside of Dalymount or any other Irish football ground again. Not acting is not doing thee people any favours either as one day their general bad behaviour will lead to a serious injury to someone and they will land themselves in jail. Intervening now might just be the lesson needed. It is the civic duty for a socially conscious club like Bohs.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    I read in the IT that the culprits come from the UK.
    You'd hope they won't be let in the next time they come over.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...ence-1.4742151
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    You'd hope they won't be let in the next time they come over.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...ence-1.4742151
    I wouldn't describe what happend as "significant violence"

Who sis the 'UK' (presumably English?) club that Bohs allegedly have a link with ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post

Who sis the 'UK' (presumably English?) club that Bohs allegedly have a link with ?
    I think its Wrexham.....
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Bohs hooligans have "a connection" with Wrexham and Celtic so most likely from there. Didn't BBC do a documentary on it before? English lads coming over for the Dublin Derby, was embarrassing stuff altogether. Gardai really should have been more present yesterday as well for it to go on as long as it did, should really have been a couple of them present at the pub.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    I think its Wrexham.....
    How the hell do Bohs have a 'link'with Wrexham ? Have the clubs ever even played each other ?

I wonder what Wrexham's new owners think about this sort of stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boynemunich View Post
    Bohs hooligans have "a connection" with Wrexham and Celtic so most likely from there. Didn't BBC do a documentary on it before? English lads coming over for the Dublin Derby, was embarrassing stuff altogether. Gardai really should have been more present yesterday as well for it to go on as long as it did, should really have been a couple of them present at the pub.
    Seen a pic on a mates FB of the Bohs - Wrexham - Celtic flags. Chester(Wrexham’s rivals and a nasty derby itself) have got involved with Rangers/Chester flags.

It’s daft like when Harps fans sing what’s it’s like to have a queen and make flags saying go back to the Irish league at Derry games.

Simple minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I think some of the shed lads have or tried to create a link up with fans of a UK based club also. Didnt Rovers have something daft too? It's basically groups who have probably met on social media and a few times a year travel to each others games and misbehave also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I think some of the shed lads have or tried to create a link up with fans of a UK based club also.
    Barnsley? They were away to Peterborough on Saturday.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    How the hell do Bohs have a 'link'with Wrexham ? Have the clubs ever even played each other ?

I wonder what Wrexham's new owners think about this sort of stuff.
    Wrexhams mob are lefty and anti English I think Celtic played them in a friendly so they linked up after that. Then with Bohs lads going over to Glasgow they linked up with "Celtic Soccer Crew" then it's a case of amigos dos amigos with the BSC and Wrexham

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Star View Post
    Wrexhams mob are lefty and anti English I think Celtic played them in a friendly so they linked up after that. Then with Bohs lads going over to Glasgow they linked up with "Celtic Soccer Crew" then it's a case of amigos dos amigos with the BSC and Wrexham
    I don't remember Marx exhorting the proletariat to throw flares and bottles into pubs containing multi generational groups having a drink, but maybe I should dust off my copy of Kapital to check.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    I came up for the day on the train from Longford .One pointer for me and Im sure for other loi fans in the same boat as me why a 4pm KO? I had to leave at FT as last train for Longford was 1905. There was others in same position as me that they couldnt stay. I couldnt even get a single bus fare on buseireann online after 8 pm due to other factors Black friday/Black Monday COVID etc. Got chatting to ex Sligo Rovers player Conor OGrady on dart coming back and he was on same train as me. Its just not on!

Enjoyed the occasion but match was poor for wot I saw of it. Didnt agree with the flares being fired on the pitch and bangers being thrown on too and as for what happened in Irishtown its shocking carryon!

In future maybe the FAI could move the KO earlier and properly check people for flares etc as my bag was searched.
    Funny you say that. I saw people reluctantly leaving at FT. I twigged it might be because of last trains out of Dublin. I would have been in the same boat if I had not of been staying in Dublin overnight.

17. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Nice to hear Second Captains dedicate a big part of their podcast today to the cup final. It got at least 35-40 mins.
    Regarding attendance, as long as the cup final stays in the Aviva, I'm guessing it needs to be 2 Dublin teams in the final if it's to pass the 40k mark. A Bohs Vs Rovers final would surely do it you'd imagine...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    I came up for the day on the train from Longford .One pointer for me and Im sure for other loi fans in the same boat as me why a 4pm KO? I had to leave at FT as last train for Longford was 1905. There was others in same position as me that they couldnt stay. I couldnt even get a single bus fare on buseireann online after 8 pm due to other factors Black friday/Black Monday COVID etc. Got chatting to ex Sligo Rovers player Conor OGrady on dart coming back and he was on same train as me. Its just not on!

Enjoyed the occasion but match was poor for wot I saw of it. Didnt agree with the flares being fired on the pitch and bangers being thrown on too and as for what happened in Irishtown its shocking carryon!

In future maybe the FAI could move the KO earlier and properly check people for flares etc as my bag was searched.
    This 100%. I know it was a late afternoon kick off in the past to do a double header with the women's final, but a standalone should have been earlier - you'd have had more neutrals from around the country going. Not too many chances to take in a final in one of the best stadiums in the country for €15. I know many might disagree but I think a Saturday would be better for it too, especially for people from outside Dublin who want to bring kids.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Maybe if it had been two country teams or even 1 then this might have been an issue raised before the match by one of the teams.
    I suspect the reduced Public transport issue was not considered at all.
    Makes 100% sense and someone in the FAI should have been considering it as an issue in the context of maximising attendance.
    A 2pm kick off would be better as well for people bringing young kids ...plus not as baltic before sun goes down.

Lessons for 2022

22. Thanks From:

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Well even for coverage, 4pm is going to be up against the biggest EPL game. Unless it's going to go back as double header post covid, not much point being a 4pm kick off. I'd also agree Saturday would be better, again for TV coverage. It wasn't really a travel issue for me, but was a bit of pain being home so late. Although it would've been tighter getting from her match in the morning for a 2pm kick off.

Incidentally, we skipped the Women's final due to that kick off time (I don't know what logic with that, or even the 7pm kick off times for the Internationals!)
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Later ko on a Saturday or earlier for a Sunday and assuming a full transport schedule is running - the sort of details the FAI should know in advance. It may be a bit idealistic but we shouldnt be scheduling with another game in mind in a league that has 6 months to play. We want LoI to have wider appeal yet we can be quite insecure about it.

26. Thanks From:

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast