Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Parrott F Excelsior Rotterdam (loan from Spurs) b.2002

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,097 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Dan McD tweeting saying it's notable how SK is talking up Troy as a person, his character. Perhaps this is to answer some doubts?
    He was referring to this on Off The Ball the other night too. It's covered in the Athletic article too. We all know there were concerns about the company he was keeping. Then, there's his playing style too - he was someone who could produce absolute magic and is clearly mercurially talented (remember his U21 goals v Sweden). It feels like everyone involved with Troy (and Troy himself) is very clear that the flash player and flash lifestyle image that he probably had needed to be balanced and appears to have been balanced. Now, one the playing side, everyone is talking about how hardworking and industrious he is, during games and in training - his club manager, fans and international management and himself. On the personal side, Kenny and co referring to his character offsets the perception that he was living a flash lifestyle or maybe the flash lifestyle is the wrong way to put it but we have all seen the photos in the tabloids.

What I loved about his performance the other night is that he came in and absolutely ran the life out of himself. He was very keen to take the game to Lithuania and did it aggressively. Hard work - tick. Then he produces that goal. Mercurial talent - tick.

There's an image of him striking the ball which shows his body position and how he struck the ball with his two legs (standing and shooting) at a right angle to one another. Yet, he produced such a true strike and generated such power and accuracy. There's the distance it covered, the fact the keeper couldn't see it and then there's the ball hitting the back of the net. The ball hits the bottom of the net and skims the back of it and entire top of it.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    He was referring to this on Off The Ball the other night too. It's covered in the Athletic article too. We all know there were concerns about the company he was keeping. Then, there's his playing style too - he was someone who could produce absolute magic and is clearly mercurially talented (remember his U21 goals v Sweden). It feels like everyone involved with Troy (and Troy himself) is very clear that the flash player and flash lifestyle image that he probably had needed to be balanced and appears to have been balanced. Now, one the playing side, everyone is talking about how hardworking and industrious he is, during games and in training - his club manager, fans and international management and himself. On the personal side, Kenny and co referring to his character offsets the perception that he was living a flash lifestyle or maybe the flash lifestyle is the wrong way to put it but we have all seen the photos in the tabloids.

What I loved about his performance the other night is that he came in and absolutely ran the life out of himself. He was very keen to take the game to Lithuania and did it aggressively. Hard work - tick. Then he produces that goal. Mercurial talent - tick.

There's an image of him striking the ball which shows his body position and how he struck the ball with his two legs (standing and shooting) at a right angle to one another. Yet, he produced such a true strike and generated such power and accuracy. There's the distance it covered, the fact the keeper couldn't see it and then there's the ball hitting the back of the net. The ball hits the bottom of the net and skims the back of it and entire top of it.
    Great power in that shot alright, handy thing to have in the tool-kit.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Yes agree it was a lovely shot. On the flip side his first touch wasn't great so he needed another one. Against better quality opposition I don't think he would be afforded that much time.

Just trying to look at the goal with a bit of balance.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    I cannot agree with Olé Olé's sky-high paean to Troy Parrott. Yes, he's a promising footballer. Yes, his goal was special. Yes, it's not his fault he's been hyped to a millimetre of his footballing skin. But keeping the perspective on planet Earth dictates his senior career to date, even for a 20-year-old, amounts to little more than a recent L1 form upswing and three international goals against dire opposition. So I'm a heartless killjoy. Well, actually I'm not - I too consider Parrott a good prospect because that's exactly what he is. But servile media coverage and social-media outpourings - with constant tapping of Harry Kane's career path - are not only unhelpful, they're damaging. Parrott needs time, good guidance and coaching. Gushing analysis and cringey patronising are exactly what he doesn't need.

5. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,696 Posts
    A bit harsh? I didn't sense gushing analysis and cringey patronising, not in post 841 anyway. I mean it was a pretty special goal so why not describe it as such? I suspect Troy doesn't read footdot anyway.

Ole Ole, I hadn't had time to read the Athletic article but will do over the weekend.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,097 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    I cannot agree with Olé Olé's sky-high paean to Troy Parrott. Yes, he's a promising footballer. Yes, his goal was special. Yes, it's not his fault he's been hyped to a millimetre of his footballing skin. But keeping the perspective on planet Earth dictates his senior career to date, even for a 20-year-old, amounts to little more than a recent L1 form upswing and three international goals against dire opposition. So I'm a heartless killjoy. Well, actually I'm not - I too consider Parrott a good prospect because that's exactly what he is. But servile media coverage and social-media outpourings - with constant tapping of Harry Kane's career path - are not only unhelpful, they're damaging. Parrott needs time, good guidance and coaching. Gushing analysis and cringey patronising are exactly what he doesn't need.
    Honestly, there is nothing more odious than someone who barges into a thread and bandies about accusations like this. I have done nothing but say he is mercurially talented and can produce moments of magic (and referenced under 21 football, not senior football) and then highlighted that people are saying he is bringing industry and hard-work to training and games at MK Dons and Ireland. I stand by all of this. All of this does not equate to me overblowing "his senior career to date" beyond what it clearly is and it is what you have set out above.

I sincerely doubt that would browse foot.ie and/or let a post like mine get to his head. But don't let that stop you wading in as if you're some sort of voice of balance.

8. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,097 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedmc View Post
    Yes agree it was a lovely shot. On the flip side his first touch wasn't great so he needed another one. Against better quality opposition I don't think he would be afforded that much time.

Just trying to look at the goal with a bit of balance.
    Fair points for sure.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,097 Posts
    Opens scoring at home to Crewe in the league.

11. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,097 Posts
    Conor Coventry doubled the lead. 2-0.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,636 Posts
    Lovely take down and great feet to clip the ball over the keeper.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,636 Posts
    Conor Coventry doubled the lead. 2-0.
    A "goal of the season" contender according to KK... I am not so sure. Based on where the ball hit the net, i am not so sure that it didn't take a deflection or, in any case, it seemed to go through the keeper. Either way, lovely to see.

17. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    763 Posts
    I think it might be time to start getting excited about Troy again. Really seems to have turned a corner after a tough 18 months at Millwall, Ipswich and then losing his starting place at MK Dons.

Looks to now have developed the workrate and physical strength to play Championship football next season if the opportunity comes up - he always had the technical ability but that alone is not enough.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post

Beautiful technique and awareness

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,636 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Beautiful technique and awareness
    Awareness, vision and execution all wrapped up in a lovely bow of technique.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    Awareness, vision and execution all wrapped up in a lovely bow of technique.
    He is so naturally 2 footed . The power off his right for that Lithuania goal and the finesse off his left for finish last night's goal.

Obviously comparisons with kane are stupid but his attributes are very similar as a footballer even down to the absence of serious pace. Obviously the major attribute which kane has demonstrated scoring bags of goals consistently will be close to impossible for troy to emulate

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    I think it might be time to start getting excited about Troy again. Really seems to have turned a corner after a tough 18 months at Millwall, Ipswich and then losing his starting place at MK Dons.

Looks to now have developed the workrate and physical strength to play Championship football next season if the opportunity comes up - he always had the technical ability but that alone is not enough.
    I still think both Parrott and Idah have great potential. It may have been a bit early for Idah to get so much game t8me, but I think it may stand to him in the long run.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

25. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Great Ball from the Number 3. OK he was given a bit of room but he still made that great pass.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Really nice touch and finish. Continues to show signs that he may deliver on his early promise. Still only league one though. He is not on Spurs radar at all it seems. Hopefully he can continue to perform at a higher level next season, probably championship bound.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,636 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Really nice touch and finish. Continues to show signs that he may deliver on his early promise. Still only league one though. He is not on Spurs radar at all it seems. Hopefully he can continue to perform at a higher level next season, probably championship bound.
    I think his career arc will roughly resemble Patrick Bamfords though that permanent move might come a little sooner.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    If MK Dons go up you'd like to see both Parrott and Coventry stay there next season.

Parrott is really impressing me recently. He has more to do to show that he can now keep it going consistently but there are times he does things that make you think Wow

Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast