Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixtures 26-29 April

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Some interesting observations from James Rogers on twitter

Incidentally on this day last year Dundalk sat second in the table 3 points off then leaders Cork. After last night's win Dundalk also sit second in the table 4 points behind Shamrock Rovers but with a game in hand
    https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/sta...14767739297792

Pat Hoban goals after 13 league games:

2019 - 7

2018 - 7
    https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/sta...18525029924864

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    I had a conversation with a guy in the Centra in Maugheraboy before the Showgrounds last night and I told him there was no league in Bradley and Dundalk would win, I also told him Derry would beat Cork and that we would struggle to take advantage of the latter, now no man is a prophet in his local convienience store yet I say with the utmost conviction Shams win no league this year and Flacid and all the other Dale Farmers know this in their hearts.
    do not know the **** the dale farmer rovers fans connection is all about, I have said all along if we finish within 10 of the winners which will be Dundalk thats progress, We are much improved on last year so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I've been saying since the start of t he season we need to be lucky with injuries and suspensions.
    Rovers don't have dfc budget and have tried to have a competitive first 11 (which I agree with). Quality rather than quantity.
    Hard to argue with the approach given our position.
    The next few games are important, need to get another run going as so many teams tucked in behind us
    Shams whining about resources 😁 you couldn't make it up 😁 whatever happened the FOUR left backs that were all better than Leahy ?
    Meanwhile at mega budget Bohs, 8 changes to the starting X1 left us very disjointed and Waterford were much better early on. Bohs improved as second half went on and finished the stronger but Waterford well worth the point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Stop inhaling the silage fumes, you mucksavage.
    I'm a London boy innit and I know little of these things, maybe it's the sheep infested slopes and boggy wastes in the distance or the concerte functionality of the stadium itself but Tallaght always reminds me of a GAA stadium and when I emerge blinking into the arena I always half expect a garlic match to be in progress. That actually happened to one of the boys the time of the 83 final, he arrived out of Amien St station in highly befuddled state unsure of his direction and seeing black and red bedecked peoples heading northwards,he assumed they were Boh's fans and followed them, he ended up in Croagh Patrick watching Antrim playing Belfast or someone and missed us lifting our first cup, tragic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Bit early in the year yet for the shrooms?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    Bit early in the year yet for the shrooms?
    I dry mine, true story but.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Shams whining about resources 😁 you couldn't make it up 😁 whatever happened the FOUR left backs that were all better than Leahy ?
    Knocks to the head are an awful thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Knocks to the head are an awful thing
    Not recall all those left backs you imagined you had ? Maybe the "knocks on the head" made you forget ? 😁
    The gift that never stops giving.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Not recall all those left backs you imagined you had ? Maybe the "knocks on the head" made you forget ? 😁
    I believe it was you and Ez that managed to to turn "3 of the best" to "the 3 best" and now you seem to have conjured up another one out of nowhere.

As I recall your inability to grasp the difference between the two claims at the time I'm not going to bother trying explain it to you again.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopy View Post
    On a regular pitch with a first eleven I'd be quite confident of beating that Dundalk side who are definitely below their norm of the last few seasons. Interesting times ahead.
    You must have missed the game earlier in season when Rovers had their first 11 and we were miswing a few on a good pitch, finisher 0-0 and most people who watched said Dundalk were the better team

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    You must have missed the game earlier in season when Rovers had their first 11 and we were miswing a few on a good pitch, finisher 0-0 and most people who watched said Dundalk were the better team
    Well we were missing greene and boyle,

dundalk had no shots on target so not sure how they were the better team, Rodgers actually had to make a few saves unlike Mannus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Not recall all those left backs you imagined you had ? Maybe the "knocks on the head" made you forget ? 
    I believe it was you and Ez that managed to to turn "3 of the best" to "the 3 best" and now you seem to have conjured up another one out of nowhere.

As I recall your inability to grasp the difference between the two claims at the time I'm not going to bother trying explain it to you again.
    To be fair that was all good craic with some mischief makers wondering if Ally Gilchrist was part of this group of 3 or 4 of "the best in the league". The general consensus among Rovers fans was that he was excluded but that Luke Byrne was definitely a star. I seem to recall that sbgawa claiming that some u-19 whose name he could not remember was also among the best in the league.

James Furlong had a decent debut for such a young player, but he was left totally exposed by Daniel Carr and the Rovers management inability to try to resolve the obvious problem for 70 minutes
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 27/04/2019 at 2:09 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Shocked it hasn't been mentioned yet but Brandon Kavanaghs assist yesterday was absolutely superb put it on a plate for Vojic and so good Cleary fell over himself at the sight of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    How Derry city only won 2-0 is baffling. Cork were never at the race's in the game. I think they'll struggle to get near a top four spot this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Biggest mystery of the season is how have Dundalk dropped points to Sligo Rovers twice, we're the worst team in league and should have had the game won before they woke up,our search for a win goes on with a ball's of a journey on Monday night!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Well we were missing greene and boyle,

dundalk had no shots on target so not sure how they were the better team, Rodgers actually had to make a few saves unlike Mannus.
    Most people at the time said Dundalk shaded it. Be better off with professor Green up fron than Aaron Greene

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Shocked it hasn't been mentioned yet but Brandon Kavanaghs assist yesterday was absolutely superb put it on a plate for Vojic and so good Cleary fell over himself at the sight of it
    Because you lost Cyril

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    To be fair that was all good craic with some mischief makers wondering if Ally Gilchrist was part of this group of 3 or 4 of "the best in the league". The general consensus among Rovers fans was that he was excluded but that Luke Byrne was definitely a star. I seem to recall that sbgawa claiming that some u-19 whose name he could not remember was also among the best in the league.

James Furlong had a decent debut for such a young player, but he was left totally exposed by Daniel Carr and the Rovers management inability to try to resolve the obvious problem for 70 minutes
    Do you never get bored with yourself whinging about rovers mangt a mangt team with probably half vinny budget that are 4 points ahead? We probably wont win tge league but it wont be the mangt team...You certainly bore most people on here with your constant banging on.
    Vinny a genius now? You were very quiet there for a while, almost started to miss you.......almost
    Last edited by sbgawa; 27/04/2019 at 4:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Do you never get bored with yourself whinging about rovers mangt a mangt team with probably half vinny budget that are 4 points ahead? We probably wont win tge league but it wont be the mangt team...You certainly bore most people on here with your constant banging on.
    Vinny a genius now? You were very quiet there for a while, almost started to miss you.......almost
    No whinge at all! I was delighted with the Rovers inertia about the obvious problem with Daniel Carr leaving Furlong exposed. It had nothing to do with budget, points gap or Vinny Perth's abilities.

If you disagree with the observation, by all means articulate an alternative view.

If the topic bores you or causes you discomfort, just ignore it
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 27/04/2019 at 6:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Bohs management with a lot less than both Dundalk and Rovers budget! Why not hand out the league trophy before the start of the season based on player budgets....its an excuse most of the time and kind of a lazy point Aside from the clamour for 4ths spot its pointless to bang on about budgets. They are what they are if they if the can be afforded rather than a club gambling itself. In the current table probably Harps are the only side that are in a position relative to their budget.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast