Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2021

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaForth View Post
    Jack Moylan up front, on loan from Bohs, was exceptional together with old head, Lorcan Fitzgerald, at the back.
    Those 2 stood out in the previous round against Killester too, along with the centre midfielder.

Moylan looks like he could have a decent future in the league.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze14 View Post
    The touch for his second was a thing of real beauty. Delighted for the lad!
    The ref was so frustrating. Can't comment on the red as I couldn't see it from where I was standing. It seemed weird that sloggett was given the ball back but can live with that. Boyle had a stone wall peno turned down. Poor Tunde was manhandled for a lot of the game and got nothing whereas Dundalk players I felt had more nous and played the ref better by going down easy. He gave some very weird calls our way late on too.

What a finish though, buzzing leaving the ground. roll on Tuesday
    Was at it too - ref gave the red and pen for deliberate hand ball as he indicated that but i didnt see it from my stand point either tbh but was happy to see it. We got away with a lot of stuff last night thanks to him(the ref) but we never went looking for it. Harps fans always fast to play the ref was awful for us card when it's needed.The oul addage applied here = HE WAS BAD FOR BOTH SIDES.
    See yous in Oriel on Tuesday and very decent cup tie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Waterford reach the semi finals for the first time in 12 years. I settled for listening to it live on local radio and game could have gone either way. I heard was a lot of technical problems with the livestream of game. Brian Murphy saved a penalty from Colm Whelan at 2 2. Waterford struck in injury time with Prince getting the winner after UCD felt they should have had a free at the other end and UCD manager red carded for his protests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    The stream was a bit of a mess to be fair, audio only cutting in at the 31 minute mark.
    The officiating was infuriating to watch once again, and a blatant injury time challenge goes unanswered which allows us immediately counter and score as a result, I didn't even celebrate the winning goal as I was appalled.

The following morning I'm feeling happier to be in a semifinal however, we got away with one last night 😳

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Looks like Bohs to go all the way in the cup. The final vs Pats would be a cracker. Is the final played in the Aviva? 20k+ attendance I´d expect.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Great night in Finn Park and a great team effort to come from 3-1 down with 10 men and less the 10 minutes left.

Even enough game, think Harps gave Dundalk far too much respect in the first half sitting off them and letting them pass it about with no real pressure being put on them. TBH I think Dundalk are relatively lucky to be still in the cup, probably was a penalty(although I don't think I saw any Dundalk player claim for one), their 2nd McGinley really should of saved it and it arguable he should of came and claimed their 3rd before Hoban got anywhere near it.

Fancy Harps to take them in the replay, Dundalk looked totally deflated at the final whistle and Harps the exact opposite
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Results suit Drogs lovely - given the tight battle for the play off spot (Harps, Waterford, Dundalk Drogs), I’m only too happy to see all these extra games for Harps, Dundalk and Waterford

I didn’t realise that a replay was on the cards last night and I was waiting for updates if it went to penos after ET lol Drogs vs Derry went to ET and penos.

Well done harps, crowd numbers looked great and their joy on the equaliser was brilliant.

Dundalk as a Drog I don’t want you to go down as the derbies are great on the calendar and off the pitch our clubs have great history starting with Jim Malone. It does look like a cuckoo in peak landed in the club and pushed all real Dundalk fans out of the nest - hopefully rumours are true and they will be gone soon. I’d also kick Vinny - I know is it not his team but he is getting zero from them along with his crazy excuses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    I have to say I was very angry at the end of the game last night. Once Harps got the second I think the equaliser was always on the cards. I really don't understand why we dropped so deep in the last 20 minutes. Harps were always going to kick it long and take long throw ins to Boyd. I blame it on the management and it’s clear to me that Perth has lost the dressing room again. I think he’s a poor coach and he is really embarrassing himself with some of the nonsense he is coming out with aswell. Talking of the pitch being poor when ours is worse.
    As for the contentious decisions, from my view at the game I didn’t see the handball, I just presumed the player blocked it and I was giving out about Murray missing a clear chance when the ref produced the red. I didn’t see any Dundalk players call for it either. For the second goal I don’t think Harps have any complaints. The ball was at Sloggets feet when the ref blew the whistle and he picked it up straight away, so it was right for possession to be returned to us.
    I have no confidence that we’ll win the replay, the momentum is with Harps and if the carry on their performance and we produce the same then I can only see them winning.

I have to say aswell it was nice for Boyd to get the goals for Harps after what he’s been through. I just hope that is as good as it gets for him in the cup this season!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I have to say I was very angry at the end of the game last night. Once Harps got the second I think the equaliser was always on the cards. I really don't understand why we dropped so deep in the last 20 minutes. Harps were always going to kick it long and take long throw ins to Boyd. I blame it on the management and it’s clear to me that Perth has lost the dressing room again. I think he’s a poor coach and he is really embarrassing himself with some of the nonsense he is coming out with aswell. Talking of the pitch being poor when ours is worse.
    As for the contentious decisions, from my view at the game I didn’t see the handball, I just presumed the player blocked it and I was giving out about Murray missing a clear chance when the ref produced the red. I didn’t see any Dundalk players call for it either. For the second goal I don’t think Harps have any complaints. The ball was at Sloggets feet when the ref blew the whistle and he picked it up straight away, so it was right for possession to be returned to us.
    I have no confidence that we’ll win the replay, the momentum is with Harps and if the carry on their performance and we produce the same then I can only see them winning.

I have to say aswell it was nice for Boyd to get the goals for Harps after what he’s been through. I just hope that is as good as it gets for him in the cup this season!!
    100% agree about Perth.I cannot understand why he has so many supporters on his fecking side here(in Dundalk) and him stone useless.
    After talking to a few of our own(and a few Harps men as well) who seen the Mustoe handball they all said deffo a pen and sending off.

Disagree that we cant win it on Tuesday - We'll have a partisan support in op same as Harps had last night and i think that will be a huge factor.In fact,i think having fans back in op will be the factor that will see us staying up.
    It'll be a scrap alright but i think the home advantage will get us into the sf's.

BTW,are there any highlights or goals(Dundalk ones,sick of seen the Harps ones ) anywhere?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Ref got the Mustoe call right. It was really unfortunate, it was by no means a deliberate handball, but letter of the law states it denied a goalscoring chance so penalty and red card was correct.

There were plenty other dodgy refereeing calls though, for both sides. Boyle denied a stonewall penalty being the blatant one though. Suggestions that Murray could have won a penalty, I haven't watched that one back yet but I was standing in perfect view of it and it was an outstanding tackle by Sadiki.

It's anyone's game in Oriel on Tuesday. The pitch won't suit Harps (also hilarious to hear Perth complain about Finn park pitch..mega lol on that), and the part time vs full time aspect will kick in here. Could be a cagey game and could well go all the way.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    I didn’t realise that a replay was on the cards last night and I was waiting for updates if it went to penos after ET lol Drogs vs Derry went to ET and penos.
    Was surprised as well when I saw the result and it didn't indicate ET and penos. Replays are old hat these days, and just get in the way of league fixtures.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    When is the semi-final draw ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    When is the semi-final draw ?
    Normally on a Tuesday evening on that mickey mouse 2fm sports show.

15. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Normally on a Tuesday evening on that mickey mouse 2fm sports show.
    It should be on the main evening RTE1 news. Even if the FAI have to slip RTE a few quid for the pleasure (though they could tie it in with broadcasting rights ongoing). Especially in this the 100th anniversary year of the Cup.

Domestic football has to be placed much more at the centre of life in this country at every opportunity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    It should be on the main evening RTE1 news. Even if the FAI have to slip RTE a few quid for the pleasure (though they could tie it in with broadcasting rights ongoing). Especially in this the 100th anniversary year of the Cup.

Domestic football has to be placed much more at the centre of life in this country at every opportunity.
    I totally agree that it should be on the six one news. I thought the first cup final was in 1922.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Its not the only time that VP has being givin out about pitches after us beating them he criticised our pitch. Hes going through the motions looking for excuses. disappointed with him after he was such a fans fav with us but since he became coach I havent the same time for him before as it was once was.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    He's the ultimate spoofer. Get's an easy time from people for some reason but any man who talks about himself in the third person as much as he does is a suspect character. He's had two swings at possibly the largest budget in LoI history as well as inheriting one of the best teams in LoI history and he's failed both times, making ridiculous excuses along the way. Imagine blaming the pitch when your home ground is a plastic mat laid over concrete. It says a lot about Dundalk's situation that his second appointment still made some sort of sense.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    I totally agree that it should be on the six one news. I thought the first cup final was in 1922.
    It was - March 1922, in the 1921/22 season.

So either the Nov 2021 cup final marks it 4 months early of the centenary, or the Nov 2022 one does so 8 months late of the event.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    4 covid cases in the dundalk team with the rest awaiting results. It could be Harps year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Semi final draw is to be during the live match on Friday on RTE2
    Havin a weekend away is quite frankly,lettin ur team mates down!

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast