Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Desmond League 2018/19

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    At this stage is there any hope at all of the season finishing out?????

As said above an outside person is required now, for any hope of bringing all parties together and with the clear conflict of interest between the club in question and the board
    The statement from the refs clarifying their point of view being released is welcome but shows they are in for the long haul on this one
    Sad day if a season is basically abandoned

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza29 View Post
    Very strange that the referees statement hasn’t received more support than 26 likes on FB. Is there any chance that the clubs are actually still backing the leagues handling of the case. Ye better setup Facebook pages lads and get liking
    Gazza life isn't about likes on social media, as previously mentioned you haven't responded to any valid questions on this forum, I will humour you a minute though & on one of your points last night you said why don't we fire all the current refs bar maybe four & train up new refs; where do you purpose these new refs come from?. Cos do you not realise none are coming through & if we don't have refs the Desmond league is finished forever...Honest question & would prefer an honest answer not a smart arse one please.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langerdan007 View Post
    At this stage is there any hope at all of the season finishing out?????

As said above an outside person is required now, for any hope of bringing all parties together and with the clear conflict of interest between the club in question and the board
    The statement from the refs clarifying their point of view being released is welcome but shows they are in for the long haul on this one
    Sad day if a season is basically abandoned
    Langerdan007 I think only two viable options; either remove abbey teams or have 3 refs at abbey games(as per the refs request).. we can get season dealt with in next month & regroup in close season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Is it true that kildimo and breska were docked points for abusing a referee, but when you assault one there is no punishment , makes no sense , abbey have to face sanctions regardless of what clout they have on the committee, is there previous precedent when a referee was assaulted, it's surely not the first time.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchie View Post
    Is it true that kildimo and breska were docked points for abusing a referee, but when you assault one there is no punishment , makes no sense , abbey have to face sanctions regardless of what clout they have on the committee, is there previous precedent when a referee was assaulted, it's surely not the first time.
    Dutchie I believe a ncw player pushed a ref after he was sent off maybe a decade or more ago down in clounreask in a league play off match against Rathkeale & got at least a years suspension.. I could be wrong tho, but never heard of a physical assault after a match in recent times in DL..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    So now the first player who admitted to the offense and received punishment is now back-tracking and is saying he is innocent.
    Soon Abbeyfeale will be saying that there was no soccer match at all

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So we are at Wednseday, has there been any contact from the league in relation to the situation.?
    I presuming the leader issue is going to have the refs statement published tomorrow, the only saving grace is there is a big match on the ennis road which will take most of the ink.
    The fact there was no fixtures published in the observer would mean we cant have any games this week even if we strike agrement over the mid night oils. Will we see a statment of apolgy to the refs from the league ?
    Also as stated above it might be time to do away witb 11 a side youths football and seriously consider 17s or futsal going forward.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchie View Post
    Not sure if either were docked points
    Breksa one saw a game abandoned due to a ref receiving abuse, game subsequently awarded as a walkover

Kildimo had an issue where a game was abandoned I think when there was some controversy over a goal i think - not sure on the sanctions/details

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The thing that worries me is that has now escalated from the refs not being happy with Abbeyfeale to the refs now having an unworkable relationship with the management committee of the Desmond league.
    It may take more than an apology to even bring the refs to the table at this stage

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistinianlad View Post
    The thing that worries me is that has now escalated from the refs not being happy with Abbeyfeale to the refs now having an unworkable relationship with the management committee of the Desmond league.
    It may take more than an apology to even bring the refs to the table at this stage
    The ref was assaulted, I would imagine it will be a long process.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Ya the deterioration between both isn't good news, your 2 options Foxynob may not even be viable now

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PatRooney View Post
    Whoever honestly thinks the referees are making up fake accounts commenting on this really need to have a look at themselves. I could be wrong but I believe there is ex referees active on here that no longer referee as a result of constant abuse. Which proves the referees are 100% correct with the stance they have taken. Without the refs we have no game.

I remember one instance where a referee took so much abuse in a youths match he had to be persuaded to return to the pitch for the second half by opposition players. He is no longer reffing.

Also shearer already mentioned the futsal, this might be an idea or way of finishing out the season or maybe go with that from the start next season. Just an idea.
    Yes I remember few years ago rathkeale youths were at home in a game. Cant remember who they were playing but the away side abused the referee and the referee was probably in his early 20s and the referee was nearly crying and wouldnt come out for the second half. He isnt a referee anymore.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    You might add. That would suit you down to the ground anyway "Shearer" as the majority of games you watch seen to be in the LDL rather than supporting your local team and league. What are you trying to do now get the best players that are left in the league to go into the LDL. Who exactly are these people turning their nose up at him? Players, management and supporters of the LDl is it. Do us all a favour and give it a rest. You won't get away with giving it this and that inside there because you'll be told where to go. Rant over
    If a fella wants to go watch rathkeale vs killeaney then off with him. But if janesboro are playing balla I know I'd rather go see the match in the city. If Shearer wants to go and watch better football in the city then he can. It's his decision

The best players left in the league are better off playing in the LDL. Who would want to play in a league after all this happening. The league is a joke.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    You might add. That would suit you down to the ground anyway "Shearer" as the majority of games you watch seen to be in the LDL rather than supporting your local team and league. What are you trying to do now get the best players that are left in the league to go into the LDL. Who exactly are these people turning their nose up at him? Players, management and supporters of the LDl is it. Do us all a favour and give it a rest. You won't get away with giving it this and that inside there because you'll be told where to go. Rant over
    Let the man watch games wherever he likes, isn't it the game as a whole we all followed in the first place.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The League table shows Kildimo were docked points for their incident with Granagh and the ref, game was abandoned late on and Granagh got the win. Breska v AK went 3-0 to AK, who were leading 2-1 at the time, but no points deductions. Were there any difference with these? Also, the fact the abbey game was over makes it even worse, and that the ref was assulted, unlike the verbals seen in the other 2, surely the book should be thrown at the team and the club.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Westernflow that's a great solution, let's all go throwing books. This situation has gone from serious to almost laughable (not laughable at the assault, that is obviously a serious matter) but laughable because everyone seems to have an opinion and nothing seems to be getting done. Who has the answers to all the questions? Who's in charge of the situation?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    In other Desmond news, Are kildimo the worst team to ever play in the premier division?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    There has been enough negativity on this from all sides over the past few weeks, it’s probably time to give it a rest now and hope that there is enough maturity on both sides to negotiate a compromise as soon as possible. In the mean time, anyone want a crack off the Team of the Season, I don’t think we have done it before

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticfan View Post
    In other Desmond news, Are kildimo the worst team to ever play in the premier division?
    Very unlucky in some games. Rockhill were worse in my opinion

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistinianlad View Post
    Very unlucky in some games. Rockhill were worse in my opinion
    Much much worse. If memory serves me, Adare were pretty bad as well a few years back

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast