Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
    Griffo’s account set up in 2018.
    Twotouch’s account set up in 2013.
    My account set up in Feb 2019.
    Unless we are also fortune tellers don’t see any of us being refs.
    Ballinstinlad joined in 2014 to add to the list. Do you not reply when the facts contradict you Gazza29

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    The referees were dead right what they did. It's a hobby to them and to get assaulted like that is a joke

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffo View Post
    Its clear Gazza is too emotionally invested in this to have a discussion with. As stated my account set up in 2018, I am clearly not a ref. Not all clubs went against the refs in the meeting, Creeves, AK and Rathkeale called for compromise and hearing the refs side of story.
    I wouldsay the three clubs mentioned didnt side with the refs either, as they are challenging for trophies and have put so much effort into being where they are they want the season to finish as soon as possible with holidays/exams coming up.
    The refs not been invited on the night in hindsight was probally something the league wouldnt do again, at least it would have gave some balance.

I personaly think the short fix is not any good and will cause grief for a new season starting next year. The root of the problem seems to be the second player, this needs to be shaked down if it happened in the car park there has to be witneses. This is going to leave a sour taste for abbey/refs no matter what.

An independent mediator is needed pronto, we have spend years saying the gaa is tryinh to ruin desmond league soccer. We are about to pull ourselves down from within.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Assaulting a ref is a disgraceful act and the appropriate measures should have been taken by the league, individuals from outside the league should now investigate the situation and try come to a justified outcome. In this instance the refs are 100% right to show solidarity to insure this type of behavior does not happen again. Clubs in the Desmond league carry a lot of positive history this seems to be so out of character.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    i say it again, if it was a small club involved it would be banned long ago.
    Fail to prepare,prepare to fail--R.keane.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Lads,last warning,next abusive post will see the poster suspended/banned and the thread closed,either debate it with a bit of cop on or the thread will be closed.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am not a ref either, (not that Gazza will believe me) I joined of late as I couldn't sit back and just keep reading the same thing over and over again. Is this not a Public forum where we are free to voice our opinions.
    As you said yourself Gazza, you claim that at the delegate meeting all clubs showed support for the leagues stance and little for the refs. Sure that was always going to be the case when only one side of the story is told. The refs statement gives us their side of the story, an insight into the chain of events that occurred since the assault. Is there not two sides to every story? Are we not entitled to draw our own conclusions? Or do have to continue to listen to You banging your drum about how bad the current refs are. This really doesn't solve anything. Clearly you are frustrated that Abbey aren't playing, which is fair enough but the rest of us are in the same boat now, we have no games either and there is a danger the league won't finish.
    You expect us to take the leagues word without question on the case when a prominent member/an officer of Abbey Utd sits on the desmond committee? The leagues own actions have cast doubt over the entire investigation. I heard from delegates who were at last week's meeting that this desmond officer & Abbey committee member himself made representions to the league on his clubs behalf. He presented Abbeys investigation and findings to the league. How was this allowed? Is there not a clear conflict of interest here? Abbeys vice chairman making a case for his club when he sits as PRO officer of the desmond committee. Did no one from the committee stand up and say wait a minute, there is a clear conflict of interest here?? Even the conclusions drawn by the league as to the refs report that the same individual did both crimes. Why would you punch someone from behind on the right hand side and run around to his left side to spit at him. Would he not have just spit at him at same side once he turned around? Makes no sense. The issue of the player denying the assault after admitting to it once the guards got involved. League completely ignored this new evidence. Why?.The fact that there are now 2 other names floating around further clouds the situation even more. There are too many Question marks over the entire case for me to come down on the leagues/Abbeys side and not consider all other facts. As the saying goes 'there is no smoke without a fire'.. Lastly, clubs were promised another meeting this week with updates and discussions on what happens next. They had a meeting Monday night but we as clubs have had no direct communication from the league about what's going on. Again left in the dark, wondering, guessing and hoping that we will return to football soon.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The whole situation is now gone quite sad.
    Was looking forward to the last few games and
    Then the off season and coming back next year all guns blazing. Couldn’t blame anyone who packs it in now or moves to town etc

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmondLad View Post
    I am not a ref either, (not that Gazza will believe me) I joined of late as I couldn't sit back and just keep reading the same thing over and over again. Is this not a Public forum where we are free to voice our opinions.
    As you said yourself Gazza, you claim that at the delegate meeting all clubs showed support for the leagues stance and little for the refs. Sure that was always going to be the case when only one side of the story is told. The refs statement gives us their side of the story, an insight into the chain of events that occurred since the assault. Is there not two sides to every story? Are we not entitled to draw our own conclusions? Or do have to continue to listen to You banging your drum about how bad the current refs are. This really doesn't solve anything. Clearly you are frustrated that Abbey aren't playing, which is fair enough but the rest of us are in the same boat now, we have no games either and there is a danger the league won't finish.
    You expect us to take the leagues word without question on the case when a prominent member/an officer of Abbey Utd sits on the desmond committee? The leagues own actions have cast doubt over the entire investigation. I heard from delegates who were at last week's meeting that this desmond officer & Abbey committee member himself made representions to the league on his clubs behalf. He presented Abbeys investigation and findings to the league. How was this allowed? Is there not a clear conflict of interest here? Abbeys vice chairman making a case for his club when he sits as PRO officer of the desmond committee. Did no one from the committee stand up and say wait a minute, there is a clear conflict of interest here?? Even the conclusions drawn by the league as to the refs report that the same individual did both crimes. Why would you punch someone from behind on the right hand side and run around to his left side to spit at him. Would he not have just spit at him at same side once he turned around? Makes no sense. The issue of the player denying the assault after admitting to it once the guards got involved. League completely ignored this new evidence. Why?.The fact that there are now 2 other names floating around further clouds the situation even more. There are too many Question marks over the entire case for me to come down on the leagues/Abbeys side and not consider all other facts. As the saying goes 'there is no smoke without a fire'.. Lastly, clubs were promised another meeting this week with updates and discussions on what happens next. They had a meeting Monday night but we as clubs have had no direct communication from the league about what's going on. Again left in the dark, wondering, guessing and hoping that we will return to football soon.
    Great point about the conflict of interest. It is the elephant in the room that no one seems to be mentioning! I wouldn’t be surprised to see clubs consider to move into town, not just players. The league, while trying to show loyalty to a club, have shown none to the rest of the league.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Whoever honestly thinks the referees are making up fake accounts commenting on this really need to have a look at themselves. I could be wrong but I believe there is ex referees active on here that no longer referee as a result of constant abuse. Which proves the referees are 100% correct with the stance they have taken. Without the refs we have no game.

I remember one instance where a referee took so much abuse in a youths match he had to be persuaded to return to the pitch for the second half by opposition players. He is no longer reffing.

Also shearer already mentioned the futsal, this might be an idea or way of finishing out the season or maybe go with that from the start next season. Just an idea.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistinianlad View Post
    The whole situation is now gone quite sad.
    Was looking forward to the last few games and
    Then the off season and coming back next year all guns blazing. Couldn’t blame anyone who packs it in now or moves to town etc
    That last piece had been on my mind the last few days. You look at the likes of Chris Smith who's trying to maintain himself as a Junior International. I've met plenty of people who turn their nose up at him because he plays out here and after this debacle you wouldn't blame him if he went into Limerick. I might add, he trained with Janesboro and played a friendly with Pike last year.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    That last piece had been on my mind the last few days. You look at the likes of Chris Smith who's trying to maintain himself as a Junior International. I've met plenty of people who turn their nose up at him because he plays out here and after this debacle you wouldn't blame him if he went into Limerick. I might add, he trained with Janesboro and played a friendly with Pike last year.
    You might add. That would suit you down to the ground anyway "Shearer" as the majority of games you watch seen to be in the LDL rather than supporting your local team and league. What are you trying to do now get the best players that are left in the league to go into the LDL. Who exactly are these people turning their nose up at him? Players, management and supporters of the LDl is it. Do us all a favour and give it a rest. You won't get away with giving it this and that inside there because you'll be told where to go. Rant over

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PatRooney View Post
    You might add. That would suit you down to the ground anyway "Shearer" as the majority of games you watch seen to be in the LDL rather than supporting your local team and league. What are you trying to do now get the best players that are left in the league to go into the LDL. Who exactly are these people turning their nose up at him? Players, management and supporters of the LDl is it. Do us all a favour and give it a rest. You won't get away with giving it this and that inside there because you'll be told where to go. Rant over

To be fair here. I don’t think anyone would need much encouragement to leave the Desmond league now. There’s a real possibility this season has ended now. It’s also highly likely next season is in huge jeopardy.
    What would entice you to stay anymore ?
    As a huge Desmond league man myself. It’s actually sickening

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    I'm a proud Desmond League man, just because I watch games elsewhere from time to time due to work doesn't mean I'm a Judas. I'm going to leave this post from a few months back and you can tell me whether or not I sound like someone who wants to ship players out of the league

Just a note lads:

Alan Murphy, Sean Madigan, Andy Quaid and Marty Madden all represented UL who were runners-up in the Collingwood Cup during the week.
    Karl O'Sullivan appeared for the Irish Home-Based Under-21's in a friendly against the Irish Juniors during the week, Killian Brouder was on standby for that squad while Chris Smith was on standby for the Juniors.
    Paul Sheehan was capped for the Irish Defence Forces not too long ago too as they qualified for the Military World Cup.
    If you've a problem DM me, let's not close this thread over silly claims.
    Last edited by Shearer; 15/05/2019 at 12:43 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm a proud Desmond League man, just because I watch games elsewhere from time to time due to work doesn't mean I'm a Judas. I'm going to leave this post from a few months back and you can tell me whether or not I sound like someone who wants to ship players out of the league

If you've a problem DM me, let's not close this thread over silly claims.
    I've no problem with you personally. What exactly is your point with that previous post? Your too worried about following teams from outside of your own local team. If you may put that time and effort into your own club i.e coaching/fundraising they'll he a hell of a way better off than they are now. (Not discrediting the work been done by anyone in the club at the moment, fair play to them)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    I've no problem with you personally. What exactly is your point with that previous post? Your too worried about following teams from outside of your own local team. If you may put that time and effort into your own club i.e coaching/fundraising they'll he a hell of a way better off than they are now. (Not discrediting the work been done by anyone in the club at the moment, fair play to them)
    I'm not answering questions in a public forum, if you want Answers DM me.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You've enough time to have an opinion on everything said on here. Again, what was the point of your quoted post?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    For the hundredth time, if you have an issue and want answers DM me.

The quoted post was evidence of me praising Desmond League players both at home further afield for their accomplishments, the mind boggles as to how you can then come to the conclusion that I want players to play in Limerick as that would make me happy.
    I'm not replying any further, if you have questions then you know what to do.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Very strange that the referees statement hasn’t received more support than 26 likes on FB. Is there any chance that the clubs are actually still backing the leagues handling of the case. Ye better setup Facebook pages lads and get liking

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza29 View Post
    Very strange that the referees statement hasn’t received more support than 26 likes on FB. Is there any chance that the clubs are actually still backing the leagues handling of the case. Ye better setup Facebook pages lads and get liking
    He is now counting Facebook likes to bolster his argument. What chance do the refs have when they up against people with this level of maturity!

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast