Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Betting advice/type of bet assistance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts

Betting advice/type of bet assistance

Folks, an unsuccessful punter looking for advice from hardened experienced punters please.
    I am only interested in football or Gaa bets, I don't know enough about horses.

I'm also a cheap ass, or more to the point, I don't have enough idle cash to be unconcerned with losing it.
    Generally I'll pick up the weeks football coupons, and will do a few accumulators. I've got to the stage now where I'm regularly getting 7/8 or 6/7 outcomes correct. Last weekend almost sent me over the edge, I did two football league accumulators, and got 9/10 correct on both, with one "banker" costing me on one, and a 50/50 costing me on the other.

The advice I require is the type of betting to do. The bets I do are generally are minimum outlay for maximum outlay, which is fine and fun, but ultimately is the miracle punt, and over the course of a month probably adds up to a decent chunk of a days wage anyway. What are the other options apart from an accumulator?
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Betting on 10 team accumulators is akin to playing the Lottery - the odds are not too dissimilar in some cases either.

I'd row back on the 6 - 10 team accumulators. Why not put aside €200 quid and try 20 x €10 3 / 4 / 5 team accumulators and work from there. Write down and track your bets religiously and try a spot errors when you look back - (e.g. jaysus - why did I include West Ham - they haven't won away in 2 months ) If you come out at the end in profit then divide everything you have x 20 and start again )

Successful betting takes a huge amount of luck but also a lot of work and time if you want to be successful and some say that takes the fun out of it but there is no such thing as a free lunch. If you like having the 9 /10 team accas and you get entertainment value from them then great but if you want to be successful at gambling then you need to put in the time, make the effort and then you still need a big slice of luck.

Whatever strategy you decide you need to back yourself as well to a degree - that's why I advise a long term cheap strategy and see how it works over time. Give yourself a chance to be successful.

My two cents for what its worth ( Two cents - precisely the amount of money I had left to my name after the Galway races this year)

3. Thanks From:

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    Betting on 10 team accumulators is akin to playing the Lottery - the odds are not too dissimilar in some cases either.

I'd row back on the 6 - 10 team accumulators. Why not put aside €200 quid and try 20 x €10 3 / 4 / 5 team accumulators and work from there. Write down and track your bets religiously and try a spot errors when you look back - (e.g. jaysus - why did I include West Ham - they haven't won away in 2 months ) If you come out at the end in profit then divide everything you have x 20 and start again )

Successful betting takes a huge amount of luck but also a lot of work and time if you want to be successful and some say that takes the fun out of it but there is no such thing as a free lunch. If you like having the 9 /10 team accas and you get entertainment value from them then great but if you want to be successful at gambling then you need to put in the time, make the effort and then you still need a big slice of luck.

Whatever strategy you decide you need to back yourself as well to a degree - that's why I advise a long term cheap strategy and see how it works over time. Give yourself a chance to be successful.

My two cents for what its worth ( Two cents - precisely the amount of money I had left to my name after the Galway races this year)
    Thats the key
    I used to get big odds winners, but boy did it take A LOT OF TIME AND RESEARCH!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    My advice: Don't take advice from people on here. The betting sub-forum should give testament to that
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    My advice: Don't take advice from people on here. The betting sub-forum should give testament to that
    So don't gamble on advice from a gambling forum? I'll bet €20 he does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    So don't gamble on advice from a gambling forum? I'll bet €20 he does.
    What's the odds?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Thanks to the two serious, and three humuorous replies; I appreciated them all, and was close to doubling up on the funny ones.

Where's me coat?
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!