Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fixtures 9th-10th October

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Fixtures 9th-10th October

When we went a goal down to Drogheda the the commentary on rte saying cork really need to win to keep the pressure on.. are they serious? The league is well over lads. Were back level now anyway. Come on dundalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Dave mckeown in galway. Can we survive

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    When we went a goal down to Drogheda the the commentary on rte saying cork really need to win to keep the pressure on.. are they serious? The league is well over lads. Were back level now anyway. Come on dundalk
    By the standards of the Cork games Ger Canning would have commentated over the summer, 13 points is a relatively narrow deficit I'm afraid.
    A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes for his friends.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Stay classy Rovers fans.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Ah for fudge sake. I'd rather be further ahead of rovers than 10 points behind dundalk(should we win)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    1-3 Limerick

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Awful stuff from Pats tonight. Looks like most of them weren't arsed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    1-3 Limerick
    Limerick are not going down. No way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    We were absolutely brutal tonight, Limerick could have had 2 or 3 more, Faherty missed a couple of absolute sitters. A hat-tip to their fans as well, absolutely brilliant - as long as it's not at our expense, I really hope they stay up

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    i love the way the rte cameras didn't show the 100 rovers brained ad idiots who ran onto the pitch and encroached half way across the pitch to antagonise the dundalk fans. half of which where we'll over 30 years of age. They also didn't show the "f rte" banner which was ripped down by their idiot security team. anyways we are champions and those 100 brain dead idiots have a serious amount of egg on their faces!!!!!haha

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quayman View Post
    i love the way the rte cameras didn't show the 100 rovers brained ad idiots who ran onto the pitch and encroached half way across the pitch to antagonise the dundalk fans. half of which where we'll over 30 years of age.
    It was cringe-worthy. They should show more self respect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    i love the way the rte cameras didn't show the 100 rovers brained ad idiots who ran onto the pitch and encroached half way across the pitch to antagonise the dundalk fans. half of which where we'll over 30 years of age. They also didn't show the "f rte" banner which was ripped down by their idiot security team. anyways we are champions and those 100 brain dead idiots have a serious amount of egg on their faces!!!!!haha
    A bit of drink talking there. Though I have to say it's great that the rovers fans cemented their clubs reputation as minnows. I've never seen a club who had nothing to play for celebrate a goal like rovers did tonight. It's great to see.

16. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    i love the way the rte cameras didn't show the 100 rovers brained ad idiots who ran onto the pitch and encroached half way across the pitch to antagonise the dundalk fans.
    Isn't it general policy not to show pitch invaders on TV? Idiots either way. We have nothing to celebrate finishing so far behind the league leaders.

Well done Dundalk. I thought we were the better team tonight and should have won, but we still lack cutting edge in the final third and got punished for it. Congratulations lads, try not to ruin the trophy for when we win it back

18. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    A bit of drink talking there. Though I have to say it's great that the rovers fans cemented their clubs reputation as minnows. I've never seen a club who had nothing to play for celebrate a goal like rovers did tonight. It's great to see.
    Says the club who will be celebrating a draw for the next two weeks!

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Bit like the pot calling the kettle black eh. you lot have short memories.... not to classy yourselves. Anyway congrats on winning the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strikeforce View Post
    Bit like the pot calling the kettle black eh. you lot have short memories.... not to classy yourselves. Anyway congrats on winning the league.
    Slightly different. Thos Dundalk fans last year were an absolute disgrace, but they did have something legitimate to celebrate (even if they chose the most braindead way to do it). What were the Rovers fans celebrating?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strikeforce View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Slightly different. Thos Dundalk fans last year were an absolute disgrace, but they did have something legitimate to celebrate (even if they chose the most braindead way to do it). What were the Rovers fans celebrating?
    Cork fans leaving themselves open to suggestions of sour grapes?

Some supporters behaving badly after beating Cork a year ago does not disqualify Quayman (or anyone else) from commenting on the pitch invaders last night.

It is a reflection on how low the expectations and standards have fallen at Rovers that an opening goal would merit such a reaction from fans - I'm sure many Rovers fans were thoroughly embarrassed by it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    They were delighted to have handed City a little bit of hope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Cork fans leaving themselves open to suggestions of sour grapes?

Some supporters behaving badly after beating Cork a year ago does not disqualify Quayman (or anyone else) from commenting on the pitch invaders last night.

It is a reflection on how low the expectations and standards have fallen at Rovers that an opening goal would merit such a reaction from fans - I'm sure many Rovers fans were thoroughly embarrassed by it
    Did I not offer my congrats on winning the league..... No sour grapes here. Best team won. At the end of the day whats good for one set of fans should be be the same for any other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    The article is on online somewhere and i'll pull it up if i find it."A young man... aged 18 was in front of the court in Dundalk today... today on a charge of being drunk in a public place at the Dundalk FC v Cork City match in Oriel Park in October" ....the young man apoligised for his actions and... - The matter was dismissed under the probation act -
    my own words used here ^- but as much what i read.I'd be pretty sure he is now barred from Oriel.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast