Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The wall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

The wall

Leaving aside health and safety issues and compensation and injuries, on a purely football note the collapse of the wall certainly saved Bray's season.
    Just look at the comments from Chris Shields in the Indo:
    Shields has described the final minutes of the play-off as the "most emotional roller-coaster ride of my whole life" and admits the wall collapse played a large part in his side's dramatic recovery.
    The midfielder's 119th-minute clanger looked to have promoted Monaghan, but he then set up Jake Kelly's equaliser, before converting the winning spot-kick in the tense shoot-out finale.
    "It was a blessing in disguise really," he said. "We had four or five minutes to get our heads around it, what we had to go, throw everything at it and get an equaliser.
    "I was nearly in tears. I thought it was nothing left on the clock. Thankfully nobody was hurt when the wall came down, but it gave us a bit of time and Jake got me out of a hole.

Add in the fact that the MNS highlights clearly show Monaghan players have to move out of the way of the collapsing wall and you have to question whether the match should have continued at all. At the very least, Bray's ground,which is not up to the standard of league football, ironically helped them secure their Premier status.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monsexile View Post
    on a purely football note the collapse of the wall certainly saved Bray's season.
    What did one of the bricks magically rise and boot Bray an equaliser?

Watched MNS last night. A pure and simple lack of concentration cost Monaghan a place in the premier division. I'm not sure what the centre half was thinking heading the ball straight to a Bray player, and thats just before the keeper drops a routine ball.

It was certainly hard luck on Mons, and I hope everyone is ok after the wall collapsed. But Monaghan weren't guarenteed Prem football after they scored - they still had a few mins defending to do. If anything the wall collapse should have helped Monaghan as it gave them a few mins to re-group and focus on the job in hand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    If Monaghan had a goalie who could catch a ball, the collapsing wall would have had no impact on the result.

4. Thanks From:

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Surely it also gave Mons time to get their head around what they had to do too?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monsexile View Post
    Leaving aside health and safety issues and compensation and injuries, on a purely football note the collapse of the wall certainly saved Bray's season.
    Just look at the comments from Chris Shields in the Indo:
    Shields has described the final minutes of the play-off as the "most emotional roller-coaster ride of my whole life" and admits the wall collapse played a large part in his side's dramatic recovery.
    The midfielder's 119th-minute clanger looked to have promoted Monaghan, but he then set up Jake Kelly's equaliser, before converting the winning spot-kick in the tense shoot-out finale.
    "It was a blessing in disguise really," he said. "We had four or five minutes to get our heads around it, what we had to go, throw everything at it and get an equaliser.
    "I was nearly in tears. I thought it was nothing left on the clock. Thankfully nobody was hurt when the wall came down, but it gave us a bit of time and Jake got me out of a hole.

Add in the fact that the MNS highlights clearly show Monaghan players have to move out of the way of the collapsing wall and you have to question whether the match should have continued at all. At the very least, Bray's ground,which is not up to the standard of league football, ironically helped them secure their Premier status.
    Complete tripe and bull****. Monaghan did not win promotion simply because they did not take their chances last Friday night, you should have been out of sight before Monday night, your keeper then gifted us a goal to bring it to penos.

Maybe if you watch the highlights on MNS again or even photos from it, you notice the Monaghan players and pretty much all of your supporters still celebrating in the aftermath of the wall coming down. You might also hear ex-Player Colm Foley saying it should have worked in Monaghan's favour as it gave them time to settle down and get their heads back in the zone. From kick off, we kept the ball, a few passes then it was pumped nito the box, a poor header from Bryne lead to Shields header back into Sava who dropped he's most straight forward cross of the night, 1-1 and penos.

Onto the wall itself... It is a perimeter wall, it is a wall to define the size of the pitch and to keep people off it. It's not meant for 60 or 70 people all rushing it at once. It is extremely unfortunate that the wall came down when you all ran towards it but blaming and using it as an excuse on not winning is as i said at the start... complete bull****

7. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    I'm actually inclined to agree with the Bray fans here. At this stage anybody playing at the Carlisle grounds should know there's a chance walls will fall down and should be prepared for it.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

9. Thanks From:

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    The wall should never have come down sure wasn't it not rebuilt after the last time?? Twice now this has happened and it's not acceptable. If it happened at "other clubs" certain people on here would be having their self righteous say on it. Who is doing the work for us Bob the Builder????
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Its amazing that LOI fans are just passing off what happened as something minor.Bray have been cut lucky that no one has been seriously injured or worse and if its a central Insurance Policy for all clubs the premium is going to shoot through the roof after this and every club will be made pay for incompetence.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    Its amazing that LOI fans are just passing off what happened as something minor.Bray have been cut lucky that no one has been seriously injured or worse and if its a central Insurance Policy for all clubs the premium is going to shoot through the roof after this and every club will be made pay for incompetence.
    Fully agree with you and to think some are trying to blame Mons fans. It's laughable.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Read the 1st sentence again "Leaving aside health and safety issues and compensation and injuries, on a purely football note the collapse of the wall certainly saved Bray's season."

This thread is not about people being injured or insurance, it is about football, but i completely agree with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa B View Post
    Fully agree with you and to think some are trying to blame Mons fans. It's laughable.
    Who's trying to blame Mons fans for what happened? It is completely Bray's issue, and as I've already said - Read the 1st sentence again "Leaving aside health and safety issues and compensation and injuries, on a purely football note the collapse of the wall certainly saved Bray's season." This thread is not about people being injured or insurance, it is about football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69 View Post
    Who's trying to blame Mons fans for what happened? It is completely Bray's issue, and as I've already said - Read the 1st sentence again "Leaving aside health and safety issues and compensation and injuries, on a purely football note the collapse of the wall certainly saved Bray's season." This thread is not about people being injured or insurance, it is about football.
    Have a look on this site and people have blamed them for rushing to the wall when they scored. I'll talk about it if i want to. It should be hilighted and the club should be in serious trouble for it imo. The Indo have hilighted it a lot since Monday and fair play to them. It's disgraceful this has happened again and it's just pure luck nobody wasn't seriously injured. If the club can't ensure the safety of people by fixing a wall properly something is wrong. When it happened the last time it should have been made happen that it never happened again. Can't say it enough it's disgraceful and like the Galway incident it's Bray'as fault end of.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    To have no covered Away Section is an absolute Joke I know Bray arent the only Team in the Premier with that problem but it should be mandatory.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Have a look on this site and people have blamed them for rushing to the wall when they scored. I'll talk about it if i want to. It should be hilighted and the club should be in serious trouble for it imo. The Indo have hilighted it a lot since Monday and fair play to them. It's disgraceful this has happened again and it's just pure luck nobody wasn't seriously injured. If the club can't ensure the safety of people by fixing a wall properly something is wrong. When it happened the last time it should have been made happen that it never happened again. Can't say it enough it's disgraceful and like the Galway incident it's Bray'as fault end of.
    Stick to the thread point Rafa, that's the whole idea of having a thread, if you want to talk about something else then start a new thread. Again i will say this thread is about FOOTBALL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    To have no covered Away Section is an absolute Joke I know Bray arent the only Team in the Premier with that problem but it should be mandatory.
    I 100% agree with you, but what has that got to do with this thread?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Stick to the thread point Rafa, that's the whole idea of having a thread, if you want to talk about something else then start a new thread. Again i will say this thread is about FOOTBALL.
    I'll talk about the title of the thread "the wall". I hope Bray are seriously punished for this. They are lucky the season is over or the ground would be closed until it's sorted.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    It happened before and they didnt close the grond so you have no point their at all Rafa!
    roddy collins should be a comedian!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatherman View Post
    It happened before and they didnt close the grond so you have no point their at all Rafa!
    Yes but it happened a second time that's my point! Who passed the wall when it was fixed the first time????? Surely such a safety issue would have to be passed before being given the ok??????
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    I'll talk about the title of the thread "the wall". I hope Bray are seriously punished for this. They are lucky the season is over or the ground would be closed until it's sorted.
    "Leaving aside health and safety issues and compensation and injuries, on a purely football note the collapse of the wall certainly saved Bray's season." That is the point of this thread Rafa. I am in no way asking you defend what happened, simply because this thread is not about this, that conversation is happening in the Bray section and could also be talked about the the Stadium Update thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    "Leaving aside health and safety issues and compensation and injuries, on a purely football note the collapse of the wall certainly saved Bray's season." That is the point of this thread Rafa. I am in no way asking you defend what happened, simply because this thread is not about this, that conversation is happening in the Bray section and could also be talked about the the Stadium Update thread.
    Fair enough. Maybe the subject title of the thread should be changed.
    Lets talk about six baby

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast