Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Tier Talk - A Championship Mk II

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    https://twitter.com/TheMun244/status...57393275015172
    Whoever runs the Ballymun twitter has tweeted their own vision of the future. Seems like they picked numbers from their head but it looks like something to aim for at least.
    oh boy I'm not good at football forums

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    https://twitter.com/themun244/status...565255682?s=21

I obviously admire the ambition of Ballymun United here but what does an LSL club require such a large (relatively speaking) seating capacity for? I wonder if they’ve been approached in regards to joining this potential third tier
    Interesting. I see from their comments in the thread that they're aiming for the LOI Premier Division, which is ballsy.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    I see Treaty is being used as an example of Junior players being reasonably competitive in the First Division as an incentive for expansion.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    I see Treaty is being used as an example of Junior players being reasonably competitive in the First Division as an incentive for expansion.
    A lot of Treaty players had some LOI experience before they joined treaty, only playing junior football when there was no team in Limerick.
    oh boy I'm not good at football forums

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Interesting. I see from their comments in the thread that they're aiming for the LOI Premier Division, which is ballsy.
    That seemed a fairly flippant response to me as much as a genuine expression of ambition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    It's on the homepage of their website too in fairness

https://ballymununitedfc.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    It's on the homepage of their website too in fairness

https://ballymununitedfc.com/
    So it is. Best of luck to them then.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    The 'A' championship might have just been at the wrong time after the crash. I think as a whole now, the league seems to be in a good place (much better than the period of the 'a' championship), and this would help solve the gap between u-19s and Mens. Calling the LOI third tier might also be better than a separate 'A' Championship, and teams involved might see themselves more as a proper LOI club sooner.

Also exciting to get a better geographical spread of teams in the league. Love the idea (without proper reasoning) of having the likes of Castlebar, Tullamore and Tralee in the league. My guess is that the teams in underage LOI will be included like Kilkenny/Carlow (or maybe Evergreen or Carlow IT) and a return of Monaghan United. Maynooth too would be a prime LOI team (without a stadium tho), and maybe a Malahide? or another Fingal team? Or UCC or DCU (I love guessing new possible teams...).

You would think if the new clubs were able to enter a team into the LOI underage leagues, there might be a few larger Junior Dublin teams also interested. Maybe even a St. Kevins boys.
    Realistically, only a Kerry District League senior side is likely to ever apply for LoI status, should such an opportunity ever arise again - Dynamos have never really recovered from their A Championship venture, and while Killarney Celtic, Park FC, Castleisland FC and Fenit Samphires are all significant contributors to the KDL under-age squads in the LoI squads, it's debatable whether the appetite currently exists to go national at adult level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Well, this is interesting. Don't think I've heard an actual interview with these guys before.

https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Well, this is interesting. Don't think I've heard an actual interview with these guys before.

It blows my mind that this is all real.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    It will end in tears. He seems all over the place. But what is one more deluge of tears in the league anyway? I wonder what are the two counties he's considering to set up shop?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Was good to hear but light on detail. Im trying to figure out what angle they are taking. What are their plans if they were to be admitted and what is the end goal is in so far as there is any?

Is the goal to throw money at it to compete and chase the European windfall pipe dream or are they trying to see a gap in the market where they have a nominal league of ireland senior team on a small budget and build a youth infrastructure to provide a gateway to the UK? Alternatively is it a gateway for Eastern European players? They had a lot of random players signed up for last season.

They clearly have nobody on board who has a good knowledge of League of Ireland football or Ireland in general tbh.

It seems like complete pie in the sky to me. Part of me is thinking we don't need another club coming in and inevitably folding in the league of ireland but part of me wants to see what kind of car crash this would be.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    That's a really frustrating video. 21 minutes of some Yank spouting every Paddy cliché going, and the interviewer never once asked why a club with literally absolutely nothing - no ground, underage structure, history, or even a location more concrete than "Not Dublin" - wanted to join the league, and why they wouldn't go the same way as lots of other clubs before.

But yeah, waffle on about Jack Charlton and the Black n Tans; that'll help run a club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    That's a really frustrating video. 21 minutes of some Yank spouting every Paddy cliché going, and the interviewer never once asked why a club with literally absolutely nothing - no ground, underage structure, history, or even a location more concrete than "Not Dublin" - wanted to join the league, and why they wouldn't go the same way as lots of other clubs before.

But yeah, waffle on about Jack Charlton and the Black n Tans; that'll help run a club.
    Chris Makin CAPTAINED Sunderland, what do youth structures matter against that?

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Stopped watching as soon as he questioned scheduling of games in a 11 team league and computers could do it - that's just ridiculous! If it was that easy the FAI would have done it long ago, and it might do someone out of a job if computer generated fixture lists existed..... I dunno whether to laugh at the poor naïve souls or that it could actually be that easy for the FAI to schedule fixtures sensibly.

Sport Ireland pulling Morten Stadium probably has more to do with them desperate to offload its management and DCU making enquiries about taking it on and another tenant could have complicated that process. That said irrespective of what is thought about ISFC there would have had to be an agreement on the stadium for the licensing application so Sports Ireland could have been messing for whatever reason?? Some other non athletics tenants could be ousted too in due course. Or it was orchestrated by Rovers FAI insiders try to get SRFCII back in LoI or the FAI baulking at things when here wasnt reason to refuse a license so got others to do their bidding or even is it an elaborate prank....20 signed on staff but any footballers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    That was painful.

-So did they have a binding agreement with Sport Ireland or not? He says he could have sued, why didn't he?

-Yes the big issue with 11 teams in a league is figuring out what computer programme will sort out scheduling. Nothing else to overcome. No siree.

-Chris Makin deserves to be involved in the League of Ireland because he captained Sunderland? (not that he won a First Division/Championship in England twice, that's a lesser honour of course).

-When he goes in on Irish history/culture/etc it reminds me of Sean Gallagher during the 2018 Presidential Election: https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1048875833064972288

-The guy's use of "great" just screams Trump.

-A connection with the Kilcoynes, it gets better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    He's been sniffing around Paud down here trying to take over Limerick FC. Which will give you an idea of how clued in he is.

I can also confirm there's no real money there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    POS and the Kilcoynes would be a hell of a partnership.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Two extremes there. One knew how to fill a stadium and the other...
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Grise View Post
    Two extremes there. One knew how to fill a stadium and the other...
    One knew how to sell a stadium...

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast