Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendances 2019

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Pats had around 4K for their first game. It's a pity that just half that total were there to see them beat Dundalk. but it may have been an indication that 2K + stayed away to avoid seeing them lose handsomely, given their recent displays. This might kickstart their season now. Good attendances in general though, still holding up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Pats had around 4K for their first game. It's a pity that just half that total were there to see them beat Dundalk. but it may have been an indication that 2K + stayed away to avoid seeing them lose handsomely, given their recent displays. This might kickstart their season now. Good attendances in general though, still holding up.

I was actually fairly happy with the attendance on Friday, with our recent results, the rain and the Liverpool game I expected loads to stay away, the official number was 1,878 which is just over 100 more than the Harps game on a Monday night, anyone who was at both games will be able to see how laughable that is. Over 2,000 there hopefully the result brings a few more back.
    Here on a technicality.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    I was actually fairly happy with the attendance on Friday, with our recent results, the rain and the Liverpool game I expected loads to stay away, the official number was 1,878 which is just over 100 more than the Harps game on a Monday night, anyone who was at both games will be able to see how laughable that is. Over 2,000 there hopefully the result brings a few more back.
    Fair play. Wasn't intending to be condescending. Good to hear that Forrester might finally have found his groove.Such a talented player once he gets going.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Would be surprised if that figure from Pats-Dundalk was correct, definitely seemed like there was at least 2000 there last night. The stand was pretty full which would nearly account for that in itself, that's without taking in the rest of the ground where granted there wasn't that many of us given the weather, but enough still for that to seem a low number.
    There were quite a few empty seats kicking around in the stand though. A handful of people in the stand behind the goal, and a few dozen along the far touchline of the pitch.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    I was in Dublin for the night and went along to the match. Booked a ticket online early in the week, but was starting to have second thoughts with the negativity on her from Pats fans. I feared it might turn out to be a poor game and crowd. My other option was the UCD-Waterford fixture, which was appealing as I've never been to the Belfield Bowl. Once the goals started flying in at Belfield and Dundalk were dominating at the start of the game, I was thinking maybe I'd made the wrong decision. But it turned out to be a great game of ball at Richmond Park for a neutral (there were a few overseas neutrals near me as well).

The one thing I will say is that it was my first visit to Richmond Park for years, and the ground always looks a lot bigger and better on TV than when you're in it (especially from the stand). If Pats grow as a club (which hopefully all LOI teams will do over the years) then you can see the ground having limitations quite quickly. I also thought there was little singing, despite it being a great game and Pats being in the lead for most of it. A great evening out nonetheless (weather aside).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    I was in Dublin for the night and went along to the match. Booked a ticket online early in the week, but was starting to have second thoughts with the negativity on her from Pats fans. I feared it might turn out to be a poor game and crowd. My other option was the UCD-Waterford fixture, which was appealing as I've never been to the Belfield Bowl. Once the goals started flying in at Belfield and Dundalk were dominating at the start of the game, I was thinking maybe I'd made the wrong decision. But it turned out to be a great game of ball at Richmond Park for a neutral (there were a few overseas neutrals near me as well).

The one thing I will say is that it was my first visit to Richmond Park for years, and the ground always looks a lot bigger and better on TV than when you're in it (especially from the stand). If Pats grow as a club (which hopefully all LOI teams will do over the years) then you can see the ground having limitations quite quickly. I also thought there was little singing, despite it being a great game and Pats being in the lead for most of it. A great evening out nonetheless (weather aside).
    I'm sure Pat's fans would like something done about the coal bunker behind the goals where the away fans are situated. I mean, it's fine in a way, but looks only marginally better than Dundalk's away end when viewing from the TV. Would a stand similar to the one behind the other goals fit in there, space wise?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts

In order for us to grow as a club we have to get out of Richmond. In a few years time we'll have a 10,000 seater Stadium in Tallaght and a redeveloped Dalymount to compete with for new fans.

If a mother or father is looking to bring their kids to a game on a Friday they will be mad to choose Richmond over those two.
    Here on a technicality.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    In order for us to grow as a club we have to get out of Richmond. In a few years time we'll have a 10,000 seater Stadium in Tallaght and a redeveloped Dalymount to compete with for new fans.

If a mother or father is looking to bring their kids to a game on a Friday they will be mad to choose Richmond over those two.
    Has it gone totally quiet on that front now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Hmmmmm FAI / Genesis Report - Bohs + Shels in Dalymount, check. Shams + Pats in Tallaght ??? Be careful what you ask for PS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Hmmmmm FAI / Genesis Report - Bohs + Shels in Dalymount, check. Shams + Pats in Tallaght ??? Be careful what you ask for PS
    I'd rather die in Richmond
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Was there an official for the Cork City - Rovers game?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buller View Post
    Was there an official for the Cork City - Rovers game?
    3273 i think was announced at the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    There were quite a few empty seats kicking around in the stand though. A handful of people in the stand behind the goal, and a few dozen along the far touchline of the pitch.
    The stand itself holds around 2800 though so even with handfuls of empty spaces the figure given seems far too low. We don't count season ticket holders as part of the attendance though which may have something to do with that.

Re the question above about the shed: it's actually due to be knocked down soon, not sure on what the plan is after that though. It's ramshackled state is why they're so hesitant to let away fans underneath it despite cases such as the weather on Friday. Seems flawed if they eventually cave in and allow fans under it regardless but that's the official stance anyway.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Dundalk usually take a good crowd to this game, is your estimation for behind the ground only, as looked like more DFC fans were the stand from the brief tv clip, near the away end.
    Shed end estimation Oriel.I just got in on time for k/o(traffic and parking was a bit brutal)

18. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    I'm sure Pat's fans would like something done about the coal bunker behind the goals where the away fans are situated. I mean, it's fine in a way, but looks only marginally better than Dundalk's away end when viewing from the TV. Would a stand similar to the one behind the other goals fit in there, space wise?
    As an aside on that - the shed at the away end was closed throughout the first half and the half-time interval, with Dundalk fans made to stand in the rain next to it. Then at the start of the second half stewards decided to let them go under the Shed for shelter - which was good but seemed a bit late to be honest. Strange to not let them in earlier, and they must have been soaked by then.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts

Where would the club realistically go though ?

Richmond Park is a good plot of land to redevelop to help fund a move - but it's a very constricted site for access, which would reduce its value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Does anyone still pull together the weekly averages and the previous years numbers across the divisions? I know Nigel used to do it but haven’t seen anything in a while?? Is the same info available online elsewhere?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    As an aside on that - the shed at the away end was closed throughout the first half and the half-time interval, with Dundalk fans made to stand in the rain next to it. Then at the start of the second half stewards decided to let them go under the Shed for shelter - which was good but seemed a bit late to be honest. Strange to not let them in earlier, and they must have been soaked by then.
    Drenched.
    No small irony lost what so ever with the visiting Dundalk crowd about how awful it feels to be out in the rain but sure we sang about it all and then pats eventually opened it up

There are many,many supporters in Dundalk who DONT want to see any visiting supporter endure the same,and despite what some here may think,Dundalk fans are constantly urging the directors of our club to upgrade facility's at OP.
    Last edited by ToberonaTornado; 09/04/2019 at 12:20 AM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Does anyone still pull together the weekly averages and the previous years numbers across the divisions? I know Nigel used to do it but haven’t seen anything in a while?? Is the same info available online elsewhere?
    Was wondering that myself earlier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Dundalk's average so far this season is 3,100.

I always looked forward to seeing Nigel's overall summary, maybe he doesn't have the time, and to be fair he was doing it for 10 years ?
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast