Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 209 of 258 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 5144

Thread: James McCarthy M Celtic b.1990

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    I think I speak for us all when I say: BALLS!

Except Paul.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Sorry, that is a bit long-winded. TOWK suggested I had a problem with impoliteness on his part. That wasn't my issue and I thought that suggestion was just another disingenuous way of ignoring the actual issue. I've never had an issue with him being obnoxious or anything like that; when I talk of bad form, it's simply in reference to the sophistry and logical trickery in which he engages.
    I didn't suggest you had a problem with my "impoliteness". I suggested that you have been impolite towards me in several posts. I've suggested that several times now but you deliberately twist what I am saying and manipulate it so it suits your argument. That's why I'm not giving you the time of day anymore. What is the point of reading long-winded posts (diatribes) with 12 paragraphs when about 25% of it has any relevancy about what I was saying? It's madness.

Not surprised about McCarthy's absence. I think he does have a minor issue and he would play on Friday if Everton were playing but they aren't.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    I think I speak for us all when I say: BALLS!

Except Paul.
    You definitely edited that You never speak for me. :P
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    You definitely edited that You never speak for me. :P
    I reposted instead. Can't have that wee "Edited by BonnieSituation..." thing at the bottom.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    How do you do that? Delete and create again?

Ya I know exactly what you mean, cant have it like you didnt get it perfect first time, hence why I never edit ; )

Because I obviously get it perfect first time, everytime.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapAPony View Post
    Doesn't play as well for us as he does for Everton. He's definitely a good player but I am not completely down on his absence. Good chance for Hendrick to step up to the mark.
    What are Hendrick's chances of starting though? The options are slim for the middle of the park; Quinn, Gibson, Meyler and Hendrick. I'd stump for Gibson and Hendrick, on the assumption that the rest of the midfield and attack is going to consist of McClean, McGeady, Walters and Keane (4 MON favourites).

I think if Walters were to be dropped, then it'd leave a nice tidy midfield of Gibson, Hendrick and Quinn. But, we'd be losing a tireless worker with a touch of a goal threat. Two things we don't need to be sacrificing in a tight away match.

At the moment, I think it'll be Gibson and Quinn. But, I don't think there's a massive amount between the 4 options we have, when Meyler's performance at right back against Germany is taken into account (largely positive, as MON was at pains to outline).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    How do you do that? Delete and create again?

Ya I know exactly what you mean, cant have it like you didnt get it perfect first time, hence why I never edit ; )

Because I obviously get it perfect first time, everytime.
    Patently untrue, given that you edited a post on the last 20 minutes in the match thread!

All you have to do is copy the text and make a new post. It's a wonder you got so far at all. All the way to London from the depths of Roscommon and you survived.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Yes I must agree.
    It's not all doom and gloom.
    We saw how well Hendrick and Gibson did in Germany. He wasn't missed too much.
    Everyone has been giving out about Whelan anyway so it is in effect the same squad we had/wanted in that famous draw. Minus Hoolahan of course, who made mistakes when he came on, (although I still think his presence on the pitch gave us a shot in the arm).
    Coleman is back now of course. Although let's be honest, Coleman is a player who has also played better for Everton than for Ireland
    Then for the most part, you complement Whelan, if you have the opinion that McCarthy wasn't missed in Germany Our game changed in the 2nd half right from the kick off, we had a heartbeat of sorts pumping, a resolve to get off the ropes, hold possession and get forward. By the time Gibson came on, Germany had scored and went strangely dysfunctional, a dysfunction encapsulated in the last 5 minutes when we gave them the ball about 5 times and they kept giving it back to us. McCarthy is our most rounded midfielder, both the defensive and offensive side of his game. We did okay without him but it's an ill-speculation to say he wasn't missed in a game that was right up his alleyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Ad don't forget about all the luck in that game.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Patently untrue, given that you edited a post on the last 20 minutes in the match thread!

All you have to do is copy the text and make a new post. It's a wonder you got so far at all. All the way to London from the depths of Roscommon and you survived.
    Patently or blatantly?

Youre not the first to say that and you wont be the last.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    That's glossing over the lies though. Either way, you've edited whether the wrong word was used in my post or not.

I see a lot of TOWK in you...

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    That was the joke BS, i wrote the post with 1 line, then went to edit it 3 times and ended with 3 lines, but it never showed up as Edited, and I didn't repost the same thing either : )

Come on BS....catch up.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    That was the joke BS, i wrote the post with 1 line, then went to edit it 3 times and ended with 3 lines, but it never showed up as Edited, and I didn't repost the same thing either : )

Come on BS....catch up.
    We all know trying to catch up with your good self is futile. So why bother?

If you edit your post within the first minute it doesn't show up as edited.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Then for the most part, you complement Whelan, if you have the opinion that McCarthy wasn't missed in Germany Our game changed in the 2nd half right from the kick off, we had a heartbeat of sorts pumping, a resolve to get off the ropes, hold possession and get forward. By the time Gibson came on, Germany had scored and went strangely dysfunctional, a dysfunction encapsulated in the last 5 minutes when we gave them the ball about 5 times and they kept giving it back to us. McCarthy is our most rounded midfielder, both the defensive and offensive side of his game. We did okay without him but it's an ill-speculation to say he wasn't missed in a game that was right up his alleyway.
    I have already complimented Whelan for his role V Germany.
    Unlike others on here I felt he did well in that game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Sickened to hear McCarthy's out. Mates reckon that he doesn't fancy the game for a myriad of reasons. Can't say I agree but I'm not surprised that his, previously, potential withdrawal has garnered that reaction by some.

It showed intent that he was wiling to join up with the squad and be assessed and clearly the Ireland team doctors have given the thumbs down. Same goes for Whelan. I really admire the man for that. He clearly relishes playing for Ireland.
    I know it's not what you feel personally, but why do your mates (and plenty others too) think he wouldn't have fancied the game? He's put up with plenty of vitriol and dogs abuse around Scotland before for lining out for us at youth level, yet he still committed to us at senior level. I do get the impression he's quite a shy, down-to-earth lad (a rare quality I admire in the modern footballer, although Trap used to always suggest it was to his detriment and that he needed to impose his mentalitee more, or was something lost in translation there?), but he's a professional at the end of the day and would even have had Aiden there beside him to soften the spotlight, if such would indeed have been the source of any anxiety. Whether or not he fancied the game or not, it hasn't had any bearing on the fact he won't be playing. If he was fit, he'd have been playing, or would people dispute that? As it turned out, he wasn't fit, as confirmed by the FAI's doctor who scanned him twice(?) this week.

Big respect to Whelan too for his efforts, definitely. Very admirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Coleman is back now of course. Although let's be honest, Coleman is a player who has also played better for Everton than for Ireland
    No disagreement there, but he's more effective for Everton due to the way they play rather than his less penetrative performances for Ireland being as a result of any lack of international appetite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    There was this tweet too from James after the Germany game: https://twitter.com/JMcCarthy_16/sta...09059056906241

What a result last night from the boys @FAIreland Congrats to sheazy on the 100th cap. #BringOnTheScots
    There'd be no reason for him to tweet something so rousing (and quite provocative for the "othered" Scots, given he was born in Scotland) unless he was really relishing the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    There can't be criticism of Mac, Stuttgart gave a really good example of running a race with a n extra day or two. James lost this race, unfortunately for us.

Another aspect I'd look at, is this. There is a good chance, and I mean a good chance, that James will get a big transfer in the summer, if Everton don't get Champions League football, because the boy is progressing to a huge degree. He also a fairly decent (for players) agent in yer man McStay, and he'll surely have been advised not to take unnecessary risks witht the National team as it'll count against him somewhat going forward, if he was to do himself a mischief when possibly preventable.

that would be one angle for me anyway, and I can't hold that against him.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    The lad is out of the game due to a injury ..... he stay with the irish panel till today but it did not heel in time, like Whelan so end of. What's the big fuss - McArthur is out of Scotland panel with a groin injury - it's just a shame that Whelan and James are out at the same time but it opens the door now for Gibson - he needs to stand up tomorrow night big time!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    There was this tweet too from James after the Germany game: https://twitter.com/JMcCarthy_16/sta...09059056906241

There'd be no reason for him to tweet something so rousing (and quite provocative for the "othered" Scots, given he was born in Scotland) unless he was really relishing the game.
    It was all part of his elaborate smoke and mirrors plan to create an alibi before he faked an injury on live television and spent the next three days limping around Portmarnock, all so he could steal away with to Roberto Martinez's lair in Motherwell to watch the final pieces of the puzzle fall into place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    It was all part of his elaborate smoke and mirrors plan to create an alibi before he faked an injury on live television and spent the next three days limping around Portmarnock, all so he could steal away with to Roberto Martinez's lair in Motherwell to watch the final pieces of the puzzle fall into place.
    ...and when the clock strikes ten... the moon will align... the pipes shall sound... the people will bow...

...for he is SCOTSMAN!

22. Thanks From: