Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Divisions 1,2 & 3 2017/18

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    Anyone know of any clubs that are renting out a pitch next season or any pitches not been used?
    Temple United are prob set ya back 1500 - 2000 per season at a guess

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas3Formation View Post
    Temple United are prob set ya back 1500 - 2000 per season at a guess
    Yeah and they call off games if there's even a cloud over the pitch . They've gone through a few clubs already . Money for jam there making

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Pitch is like kiss of death to any club that rents it! Glenvale, Blarney Street, Crescent and hillington had it for awhile too.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Pitch is like kiss of death to any club that rents it! Glenvale, Blarney Street, Crescent and hillington had it for awhile too.
    To be fair there have been a huge number of AUL clubs fold the chances are that the ones most likely to fold are the ones that don`t own a pitch or have a council pitch so the link between them folding and this pitch is tenuous

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I hearing that Glen Celtic is going to div 2? That surely cant be right???

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaketheSnake View Post
    I hearing that Glen Celtic is going to div 2? That surely cant be right???
    Where would you put them? personally i`d treat every side as a new team and **** em into division 3
    I understand this is unfair on division 3 sides but allowing clubs fold and reinstating them above division 3 is also a disgrace and very disrespectful to teams that didn`t fold, struggled on and maybe got multiple relegations in the process.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Glen Celtic will play in Division 1. Lads.

8. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehill View Post
    Glen Celtic will play in Division 1. Lads.
    So Basically it`s more of an advantage to do a Glen Celtic & fold then reform and go straight to division 1 than to do a Castleview & struggle on for a few seasons play your young fellas to make sure ye don`t fold & fulfill fixtures then end up dropping all the way to division 3???

Well done AUL that`s a great example to set. clubs don`t struggle just fold it`s more beneficial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I think in an ideal world there should be a disincentive for clubs to fold and come back a year or two later.

What's happening with clubs folding and comeing back a year later is not right.
    I think if you had rules on place for clubs folding you might not see it happening as much.

Some ideas I have are
    If you fold you can't come back for at least 3 seasons.
    If you come back you pay a bond of €1000 to the aul which will be returned if you stay together for 3 or more seasons.

I feel the right thing todo is to grind it out and take the good days with the bad and not take the easy option that is there at the moment.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    There should definitely be rules in place as fruice said.

However, I agree with Glen Celtic not being put into Division 3.

Of course it's hard to see how strong they are until they go back in. However, it's very likely that they put forward to the AUL that they would be.

Last year Greenmount went from Division 1 to 3. That gets completely ignored yet it's something that I don't agree with at all with teams going the other way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    League will only benefit from having glen celtic back..Serious serious outfit being built the them and all credit to them....

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    I think in an ideal world there should be a disincentive for clubs to fold and come back a year or two later.

What's happening with clubs folding and comeing back a year later is not right.
    I think if you had rules on place for clubs folding you might not see it happening as much.

Some ideas I have are
    If you fold you can't come back for at least 3 seasons.
    If you come back you pay a bond of €1000 to the aul which will be returned if you stay together for 3 or more seasons.

I feel the right thing todo is to grind it out and take the good days with the bad and not take the easy option that is there at the moment.
    All good points you make . However you have overlooked a few things . The AUL are money hungry !!! Too many teams folding so they are begging for teams !! Oh and the AUL are money hungry (AGAIN!!) . They could call themselves Ballyhooly Road Rovers and get around the ideas you made anyway . So aren't they better off going up a division rather than hammering teams down lower?

Also it is rare for a team that folds to come back . Obviously has happened a few times but in general clubs that have folded over the years stay folded
    Last edited by JaketheSnake; 30/07/2018 at 1:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Jake I agree 100% they should go in up a long the divisions as it would be unfair to put them any where else.
    The issue I would have is they took the soft option of stepping out for a year when they were up against it and now appear to be all guns blazing.
    Why did they fold last year?

In relation to teams folding the aul have no control over it.

A few clubs over the last few years have come back fairly quickly Cresent, Killumney,Central and now the glen

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Lads its junior football! All the clubs folding and moving Msl the glen should be welcomed back with open hands and the fact they have signed so many top players they should be put into a corresponding league. Benefits no one making them them start 3. I think division 1 is the wrong option they should have been put in premier a. The whole league system should be overhauled this season and each division should have the same number of teams.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Lads its junior football! All the clubs folding and moving Msl the glen should be welcomed back with open hands and the fact they have signed so many top players they should be put into a corresponding league. Benefits no one making them them start 3. I think division 1 is the wrong option they should have been put in premier a. The whole league system should be overhauled this season and each division should have the same number of teams.
    i agree 100%...and looking at the strenght in prem and prem A plus now div 1 it will benefit the aul .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Absolute joke plain and simple no incentive for the clubs tht are struggling to keep things going Whts going to happen if the great one leaves again and the club start struggling everyone should be treated the same and start from scratch. No doubting the talent they have but I think the wrong message is being sent out.

Just wondering also what is difference between Killumney and the Glen didn't they play 3rd division last season after starting back up

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Killumney wanted to go 3 because was a lot of new young players.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by injurytime View Post
    League will only benefit from having glen celtic back..Serious serious outfit being built the them and all credit to them....
    I`m sure they wouldn`t attract the same level of player if put into division 3. leaving those players out there available for clubs who`ve been busting a gut to remain in Premier or AUL 1 or whatever to fight for. it`s a disgrace plain and simple to allow a club like glen celtic to return 2 divisions higher than Castleview who didn`t fold and suffered numerous relegations in the same period.
    Let them go to division 3 and restart unfair on division 3 sides but the glen squad would likely be different if having to play AUL 3 also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas3Formation View Post
    I`m sure they wouldn`t attract the same level of player if put into division 3. leaving those players out there available for clubs who`ve been busting a gut to remain in Premier or AUL 1 or whatever to fight for. it`s a disgrace plain and simple to allow a club like glen celtic to return 2 divisions higher than Castleview who didn`t fold and suffered numerous relegations in the same period.
    Let them go to division 3 and restart unfair on division 3 sides but the glen squad would likely be different if having to play AUL 3 also.
    Totally disagree if they where to go be it 3,2,1,Prem they would have the same players.If they went into 3rd division they would steam roll that league and i think 90% of teams would agree in that league.2nd division same im just surprised with their only being 9 Prem A teams why they didnt go into that league with teams folding....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by injurytime View Post
    Totally disagree if they where to go be it 3,2,1,Prem they would have the same players.If they went into 3rd division they would steam roll that league and i think 90% of teams would agree in that league.2nd division same im just surprised with their only being 9 Prem A teams why they didnt go into that league with teams folding....
    So where is the punishment for folding???

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast