Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul McShane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Saw bits and pieces of the game, Whelan was unlucky not to score with a cracking header from a corner early on
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    sorry how did mcshane play?
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea
    sorry how did mcshane play?
    Nothing wrong, nothing outstanding. A solid display. Henderson pulled off a few good saves but was slow off his line on one occasion that could have lead to a goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy

He is due to return to Old Trafford on December 21, but McShane revealed: "I wouldn't want to go back to play in the reserves.

"I'll have to sit down with my parents and the club and see what the future holds for me.

"I don't want to play in the reserves again, because I would see that as a step backwards. I want to just keep progressing. I want to make a name for myself.

"The first team squad is so big and it's quite frustrating. I think I'm better than some of the players in the first team but they have got a name, they are experienced and they are on ten grand a week."

A bit prophetic in light of Keanes comments
    Who is this guy, Trapper Tony?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

McShane out for 3 months

Brighton defender Paul McShane could be out for three months after damaging ankle ligaments in the draw with Cardiff City.

McShane, presently on-loan from Manchester United, landed awkwardly after contesting a high ball with Cameron Jerome.

"It's a massive blow to us and the lad," said Seagulls boss Mark McGhee

"He has showed commitment to our cause and our team that's way above the call of duty.

"We want him here in the long term - hopefully we can do that - but it's a setback for us"

what does he mean bout showing commitment way above the call of duty?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

McShane Joins WBA on 3 year deal

EXCLUSIVE Paul McShane signed a three year deal with WBA yesterday. Details to follow............
    http://pix.ie/widgets/generate/accou...000-F5F5FF.jpg

"It's time for the FAI to grow up." John O'Donoghue, Minister for Sport, RTE , Sunday 7 Nov 2004

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerc View Post
    EXCLUSIVE Paul McShane signed a three year deal with WBA yesterday. Details to follow............
    I think that's a very good move for him. Curtis Davies may still go to Arsenal and West Brom could be back in the Premiership next season. Good news for Ireland too with another center half getting 1st team football hopefully.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Davies is going nowhere - unless someone is stupid enough to offer £10m and if they do McShane is the replacement.

The McShane deal is part of the PIG (Pole in Goal) move to MUFC. Anyone know anything about the McShane lad? Unlike Niall Quinn, I don't slavishly follow Irish players in England.

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    The McShane deal is part of the PIG (Pole in Goal) move to MUFC. Anyone know anything about the McShane lad? Unlike Niall Quinn, I don't slavishly follow Irish players in England.
    I saw him play in the Milk Cup a few years ago, and was very impressed.

To nick some info from around the web:
    Republic of Ireland Under-19 international who joined the Red Devils in July 2002. The defender was part of the United youth team which beat Middlesbrough in the two-legged FA Youth Cup final in 2003. Strong in the tackle, McShane went on United's pre-season tour of America in July 2004 before going on to help United win the Barclays Premiership Reserve League North. Also enjoyed a loan spell with Walsall in the 2004/05 season.
    Paul McShane (born January 6, 1986 in Wicklow) is an Irish football player who plays as a central defender.

McShane started his football career playing first for his local club Greystones F.C., and soon thereafter at St Joseph's Boys. In the summer of 2002 He signed for Manchester United. Later in 2002, he was loaned to Walsall for the campaign. He played in the final of the 2003 FA Youth Cup in which they defeated Middlesbrough by the score 3-1.

He played in pre-season friendly matches and has been given the squad number 34, but has yet to make his debut for Manchester United. He spent the 2005-6 season on loan to Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. where he was voted Player of the Season by the supporters, as well as the away supporters Player of the Season.

He scored the only goal in the 1-0 victory for Brighton over arch rivals Crystal Palace in October 2005, one of four goals for the club.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Davies is going nowhere
    for someone who doesnt slavishly follow players in england, you seem very sure of that, unless of course you just follow the english players.

seen McShane play for brighton last season, looked good, threat in the opposition box as well from setpieces.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    for someone who doesnt slavishly follow players in england, you seem very sure of that, unless of course you just follow the english players.

seen McShane play for brighton last season, looked good, threat in the opposition box as well from setpieces.
    I don't slavishly follow Irish players....but I do have a 30-year-long interest in all things Baggies-related.

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    but I do have a 30-year-long interest in all things Baggies-related
    why not just say ''im a west brom fan'' then? whats the story with the whole, 30-year-all-things-baggies-related, blah,blah,blah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I don't slavishly follow Irish players....but I do have a 30-year-long interest in all things Baggies-related.
    Only really liked the Happy Mondays myself.

He's a hero in Brighton for scoring the winner last year in their big game with Crystal Palace (which BTW is the strangest rivalry ever)
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    why not just say ''im a west brom fan'' then? whats the story with the whole, 30-year-all-things-baggies-related, blah,blah,blah.

Maybe because I've never seen them play a competitive game, I've never been to the Hawthorns and I spend all my spare time and money following Rovers. Unlike the barstoolers I would never claim to be a West Brom "fan" but since I was a kid they've been my team in England. That okay with you?

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Maybe because I've never seen them play a competitive game, I've never been to the Hawthorns and I spend all my spare time and money following Rovers. Unlike the barstoolers I would never claim to be a West Brom "fan" but since I was a kid they've been my team in England.

hang on, hang on, we've got one here boys and girls, we've got one here, for sure

they are your self confessed team since childhood yet in no way would you describe yourself as a fan, what planet/drugs are you on man? of-course you are using the narrow minded,cliquey LOI definition of fan to back this up, whereby if you dont go and watch, you arent a real fan, Boll0x.

and yet, never having seen them play, never even been to the hawthorns, proclaim ''Davies is going nowhere'' in your first post this morning, suggesting some kind of superior knowledge to the original poster, insider knowledge even. unlikely,i think, particularly from the fan whose never even been.

so which is it? or do you know yourself? id doubt it.
    Last edited by CraftyToePoke; 10/08/2006 at 1:08 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    good luck to the lad- a guarenteed future international-soon enough if he plays well. west brom should easily get promoted and hey presto another irish prem player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballsKing View Post
    good luck to the lad- a guarenteed future international-soon enough if he plays well. west brom should easily get promoted and hey presto another irish prem player
    have you seen the many relegated prem sides get promoted lately? the division is littered with sides who have come down in the last 5 years, leeds,wolves,leicester.palace,sunderland,norwich,c oventry,derby,ipswich, and thats just off the top of my head,

''hey-presto, a prem player''

what an idiotic comment, on what do you base it?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    they are your self confessed team since childhood yet in no way would you describe yourself as a fan, what planet/drugs are you on man?
    There is nothing mysterious nor anything contradictory in We are Rover's posts here. Having a long distance interest doesn't compare with the fan's experience.
    If there is a hint of superiority, possibly its the frequent negative
    thoughts about low down barstoolers make him feel better about himself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    of-course you are using the narrow minded,cliquey LOI definition of fan to back this up, whereby if you dont go and watch, you arent a real fan, Boll0x
    Firstly I think you'll find supporters in all countries define real fans as those who go to the games. It is far from an LOI thing. Secondly, can I ask for your definition of a real fan please?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Having a long distance interest doesn't compare with the fan's experience.
    id agree 100% geysir, nothing like going to a game, but ill never accept that someone who has been following a side for 30 years, since childhood, is not a fan of that side, no way, of course he is, he may not realise or accept it, but he is a fan. he may also be a rovers fan, possibly more so, but also a west brom one.

he is using the spending of money and time on rovers, and the lack of it on west brom to differintiate, thats up to him. if fandom be measured in money and time spent then lets all bow to Abramovich, true fan, yeah?

thought not.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast