Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 48 of 81 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI In Europe 2020

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    There'll be a print run on Thursday's game but don't think it's a UEFA requirement.

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    Good news for Waterford - Ukrainian youth champions Dinamo Kyiv qualified for the CL groups this evening. Means they need just one more side to do that double and Waterford will be in the Youth League (says wiki anyway)

It looks like it's the unconfirmed underage league winners which will decide (Switzerland, Austria and Portugal)

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Sounds like the LOI heads:

"Some people are worried that it will ruin the competitiveness of the Faroese League in the next five to 10 years. The money would blow every team out of the water.

"Everybody is looking at the money and I think that is a little sad. It’s a massive opportunity for Faroese football to grow, and same for Dundalk, it’s a chance to grow and a once in a lifetime opportunity."
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    The BBC sport european section has done a feature on Klaksvik and KI.

Dundalk have been outminnowed.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Yet another media outlet repeating the mistruth that they overcame Slovan. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    Yet another media outlet repeating the mistruth that they overcame Slovan. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
    Thankfully we don't have to listen to Brian Kerr on RTÉ tomorrow night (although Johnny McDonnell mightn't be much better).

Kerr was going on last week about their 3-0 win over Slovan, and also that Filippo lost his first game in Sligo.

Kerr is a bit like Johnny Giles at this stage. An eejit who Dubs seem to love. Time to retire - not that he will as he's getting a handy wage and just wings it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Alan Cawley and Stuey Byrne repeated the same 3-0 vs. Slovan stuff this week on their podcast.
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post
    Thankfully we don't have to listen to Brian Kerr on RTÉ tomorrow night (although Johnny McDonnell mightn't be much better).

Kerr was going on last week about their 3-0 win over Slovan, and also that Filippo lost his first game in Sligo.

Kerr is a bit like Johnny Giles at this stage. An eejit who Dubs seem to love. Time to retire - not that he will as he's getting a handy wage and just wings it.
    He suffers from the terminal pats disease of thinking "in the know". Many Pats supporters down the years suffered the same deadly disease. Poor souls.

Not to mention a few on here, but found a greater, broader platform for themselves and since deserted the hollow grounds of foot.ie. Leaving a trail of devastation in their wake.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Alan Cawley and Stuey Byrne repeated the same 3-0 vs. Slovan stuff this week on their podcast.
    Didn't listen to that, there are too many podcasts about I've given up on them. But Byrne and RTÉ in general were pretty hard to listen to on Sunday, and I don't usually mind their coverage.

Saying they didn't know the team 15 minutes before kick off (when it had been released 45 minutes earlier) and then pretending to be shocked when there were 10 changes.

Sadlier, his voice goes through my head, and Morley was just talking nonsense as usual. I hadn't heard Morley on RTÉ for a long time and hopefully he's not on again. Thankfully he's not on tomorrow night anyway.

And yeah, Pats fans must be the hardest to listen to in the whole league. Not being able to attend Richmond is one of the blessings of Covid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    If We are Rovers is on, will RTE be getting UK rights to the Dundalk game Thursday?
    Sorry, only saw this now. Game is available Island of Ireland tomorrow night.

EUROPA LEAGUE PLAY-OFF – Thursday 1 October at 7.00pm on RTÉ2

Peter Collins is joined by Richie Sadlier and Stuart Byrne for live coverage from the Aviva Stadium of the Europa League Play-Off between Dundalk and KÍ of the Faroe Islands. Commentary from Darragh Maloney and Johnny McDonnell. KO 7.30pm. Extra time and penalties a possibility.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Apart from that champions league record that any club would love to have experienced, KI have performed better than Dundalk in their two actual european games, so Dundalk will have enough to do to deal with the real KI.

As regards Brian Kerr, he's not been involved with Faroese football for near enough 10 years. He's out of touch with the changes that have come into play these past 4 years.
    Nevertheless, he's held in the highest regard among Faroese football aficionados.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Didn't listen to that, there are too many podcasts about I've given up on them. But Byrne and RTÉ in general were pretty hard to listen to on Sunday, and I don't usually mind their coverage.

Saying they didn't know the team 15 minutes before kick off (when it had been released 45 minutes earlier) and then pretending to be shocked when there were 10 changes.

Sadlier, his voice goes through my head, and Morley was just talking nonsense as usual. I hadn't heard Morley on RTÉ for a long time and hopefully he's not on again. Thankfully he's not on tomorrow night anyway.

And yeah, Pats fans must be the hardest to listen to in the whole league. Not being able to attend Richmond is one of the blessings of Covid.
    It must have been very difficult to listen to people praising the opposition in oriel all right.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    As regards Brian Kerr, he's not been involved with Faroese football for near enough 10 years. He's out of touch with the changes that have come into play these past 4 years. Nevertheless, he's held in the highest regard among Faroese football aficionados.
    He's out of touch with football in general. He does zero research and it shows. He throws out the auld Dublin slang which the Dubs cream themselves over and think it's a great laugh. But as a pundit, he's absolutely terrible these days.

Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    It must have been very difficult to listen to people praising the opposition in oriel all right.
    They were just talking nonsense mostly, to be honest. My comments on Sadlier and Morley weren't just about Sunday.

We all knew what the result would be beforehand. Well done on beating Perth's reserves. The fawning over Byrne's goal was a bit much though. McCarey handed it to him and it was harder to miss.

The game served a useful purpose in that it proved none of the back-up players are good enough for our squad.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    ANyone think there could be something more at play in the 6-1 defeat
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    ANyone think there could be something more at play in the 6-1 defeat
    I have wondered if COVID was at play here considering so many players from Connagh’s Quay had it in the last round. Their manager was even trying to keep it under wraps before that game. Something about the game was a bit strange.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

What an insult to Giles who is anything but an eejit - Shame on you

20. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    I have wondered if COVID was at play here considering so many players from Connagh’s Quay had it in the last round. Their manager was even trying to keep it under wraps before that game. Something about the game was a bit strange.
    You should know Ger that strange can happen in the north Atlantic to visiting teams and Tbilisi will dust themselves down just like Bohs did eventually.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    I think the big question foot.ie has though is - who is the Dundalky/Nordic geysir actually supporting tomorrow?

23. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I think the big question foot.ie has though is - who is the Dundalky/Nordic geysir actually supporting tomorrow?
    It's a Win Win situation.

Page 48 of 81 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast