Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Republic of Ireland V Bulgaria - Wednesday, 18th November 2020 - Nations League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Can we take this off to rubbish and discuss there, and tell me what I have to answer? Where did I say Stutts ignored the facts, did i quote him and say that? And what question did I not answer, that Bulgaria had solely bad luck but we didnt?

I think its a bit silly clogging up this but I am more than happy to answer when I know what I'm being asked to answer.

On another note the search function is terrible on foot, i cant find others posts or mine when trying to recall or reprint what someone or ive written in the past. WOuld be good.
    Here, I found it using the search functionality. Easy when you know how.
    But yes i meant its the individual posters right to ignore the facts, as they choose.
    which clarified this post from you
    Don't let the facts get in the way of the perogative.
    Who was this referring to?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    I dunno, I'm all ears here anyway. Carry on.
    I'm good with it.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Here, I found it using the search functionality. Easy when you know how.

which clarified this post from you

Who was this referring to?
    It was clearly referring to the only poster who queried backstowalsall’s contention that Bulgaria were “much worse” hit than us. I’ve no beef with backstowalsall’s position here. My beef is with being accused of ignoring facts. I can rattle off several facts that fairly back up my view. At the end you have one set of facts (Bulgaria’s losses) and another (our losses). Of course we can take an objective view of whose were worse, but that’s not the point. In disagreeing with backstowalsall’s point I didn’t accuse him of ignoring facts. I wouldn’t do that. But in agreeing with him Paul did, a few times, as Tets quoted above.

Remember there was also this needlessly aggressive comment in the same sequence of posts:

Nothing like a good dose of reality to wake up the "hard done" by.
    Reality versus fantasy again. Facts versus fiction. Paul’s favourite theme.

Paul then even moved the goalposts to say each side had maybe faced the same bad luck.

Just man up Paul and we can move on.
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 19/11/2020 at 6:22 PM.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    It was clearly referring to the only poster who queried backstowalsall’s contention that Bulgaria were “much worse” hit than us. I’ve no beef with backstowalsall’s position here. My beef is with being accused of ignoring facts. I can rattle off several facts that fairly back up my view. At the end you have one set of facts (Bulgaria’s losses) and another (our losses). Of course we can take an objective view of whose were worse, but that’s not the point. In disagreeing with backstowalsall’s point I didn’t accuse him of ignoring facts. I wouldn’t do that. But in agreeing with him Paul did, a few times, as Tets quoted above.

Remember there was also this needlessly aggressive comment in the same sequence of posts:

Paul then even moved the goalposts to say each side had maybe faced the same bad luck.

Agreed. Paul, why did you accuse him of ignoring facts?

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts

I've missed this place.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    484 Posts
    It was clearly referring to the only poster who queried backstowalsall’s contention that Bulgaria were “much worse” hit than us. I’ve no beef with backstowalsall’s position here.
    If i might add, in a dreadfully off topic way (sorry admins), that as a nordie i can only admire the level of discipline required to never recognise my 'new' username (It's what, 2 or 3 years now?).

You would fit right in almost anywhere in the north of Ireland, but particularly well in Londonderry.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    That's after giving me a proper auld laugh Walsall.

---

It's actually nearly 5 years!

Request on 09/12/2016.

Changed on 16/12/2016. Even Adam wasn't happy about it!

https://foot.ie/threads/207341-Usern...=1#post1852838

You'll always be our Opal Fruits!
    Last edited by BonnieShels; 20/11/2020 at 1:32 AM.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

12. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backstothewall View Post
    If i might add, in a dreadfully off topic way (sorry admins), that as a nordie i can only admire the level of discipline required to never recognise my 'new' username (It's what, 2 or 3 years now?).

You would fit right in almost anywhere in the north of Ireland, but particularly well in Londonderry.
    Old habits die hard - apologies! Think of me as an elder statesman like Johnny Giles. My analytical powers remain strong but ability with names is brutal.
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 20/11/2020 at 9:34 AM.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post

Agreed. Paul, why did you accuse him of ignoring facts?
    Paul, I'm going to need an answer on this by 6pm this evening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Thread locked and archived

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122