Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matches weekend 14th to 15th May

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Bohs shouldn't bother taking a risk travelling to Longford given recent events down here. If they'd like to forfeit the game we'd understand.
    Another marquee event in Longford.

2. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I guess the tests will be back tomorrow so it will either go away or blow up then.
    Any news on the tests results?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    All negative, club have issued a statement saying players have apologized, no further action to be taken by them. As for the FAI we'll just have to wait and see what the magic 8-ball they use to make decisions tells them what to do...

https://www.dundalkfc.com/dundalk-fc-statement-2/
    Mon the Town!

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Id say that will be an end of it, if it wasn't a club sanctioned event the FAI cant sanction the club they would have to charge the individual players with misconduct. Cant see there being an appetite for that as you will have every player from every club that happens to stand closer than 2m from a member of the public being photographed and "shopped" on social media.
    Just as well they all tested negative can you imagine the poor Dundalk u19's heading up to Ballybofey, the poor lads would have nightmares about Ollie shouting at them and the big bad Harps players pushing them around

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArFella View Post
    All negative, club have issued a statement saying players have apologized, no further action to be taken by them. As for the FAI we'll just have to wait and see what the magic 8-ball they use to make decisions tells them what to do...

https://www.dundalkfc.com/dundalk-fc-statement-2/
    Some very disappointed journalists this morning.

Time to move on, nobody cared when Rovers players were having Covid parties so this should be no different. I don't remember Rovers having to issue any statements apologising? They were smarter though, all phones in a bowl at the front door.

If the rumours are true that Harps contacted the FAI demanding Dundalk players isolate so they couldn't play, that's poor form from them. Let the tests be done and if they come back positive than they are out anyway. It was stupid from the players but if every player in the league was followed around with a camera I bet you would see multiple breaches of the rules. Most of us probably do it daily without thinking.

Not sure what Harps would be worried about anyway, the 19s would be a bigger threat to the at the moment. Hopefully it's used as a motivator for Friday but I won't hold my breath.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post

Time to move on, nobody cared when Rovers players were having Covid parties so this should be no different. I don't remember Rovers having to issue any statements apologising? They were smarter though, all phones in a bowl at the front door.

If the rumours are true that Harps contacted the FAI demanding Dundalk players isolate so they couldn't play, that's poor form from them. Let the tests be done and if they come back positive than they are out anyway. It was stupid from the players but if every player in the league was followed around with a camera I bet you would see multiple breaches of the rules. Most of us probably do it daily without thinking.

Not sure what Harps would be worried about anyway, the 19s would be a bigger threat to the at the moment. Hopefully it's used as a motivator for Friday but I won't hold my breath.
    What parties proof/facts please ? And even if true doesn’t in any way mitigate behaviour of Dundalk players ; sometimes in life we all have to put our hand up apologise and move on , which is what Dundalk has done ; plus thankfully all players tested negative

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    nobody cared when Rovers players were having Covid parties so this should be no different. I don't remember Rovers having to issue any statements apologising? They were smarter though, all phones in a bowl at the front door.
    Sounds like someone's being accused of hosting a wingers' party out in suburbia.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    What parties proof/facts please ? And even if true doesn’t in any way mitigate behaviour of Dundalk players ; sometimes in life we all have to put our hand up apologise and move on , which is what Dundalk has done ; plus thankfully all players tested negative
    I've put an FOI request into A Greene Events Ltd to get their invoices and guest lists, I'll let you know when I have them. Not saying it mitigates it, just highlights the imbalance, was there an investigation by the FAI into how the Rovers players contracted Covid within their bubble? Or Derry, or Waterford, or Cabinteely? These clubs had actual cases.

As I say lets follow all players around for a week and see how many breaches there are. The league would be cancelled pretty quick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts

https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    To be fair i think you are being a bit paranoid, when Waterford , Rovers, Derry , Cabo had cases it was assumed that it was just community transmission as there was no evidence to the contrary.
    I said in an earlier post if the DFC lads had been outside a pub in Dundalk having a legal takeaway pint then no one would have made anything of it.
    It was the fact that they were in Belfast which was a clear breech of the rules that did them, the FAI had to comment when confronted with it as they are lobbying Government to allow us reopen based on how careful the LOI clubs are being.

Its over now thanks to the negative tests, they can go on the booze in Dundalk next Sunday instead

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    I've put an FOI request into A Greene Events Ltd to get their invoices and guest lists, I'll let you know when I have them.

There's an old piano
    And they play it hot behind the Greene door
    Don't know what they're doing
    But they laugh a lot behind the Greene door
    Wish they'd let me in so I could find out
    What's behind the Greene door

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    I've put an FOI request into A Greene Events Ltd to get their invoices and guest lists, I'll let you know when I have them. Not saying it mitigates it, just highlights the imbalance, was there an investigation by the FAI into how the Rovers players contracted Covid within their bubble? Or Derry, or Waterford, or Cabinteely? These clubs had actual cases.

As I say lets follow all players around for a week and see how many breaches there are. The league would be cancelled pretty quick.
    So unlike Dundalk zero facts or proof - as I said sometimes it’s best to simply move on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    So unlike Dundalk zero facts or proof - as I said sometimes it’s best to simply move on
    And unlike Rovers, zero cases. 😉

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    To be fair i think you are being a bit paranoid, when Waterford , Rovers, Derry , Cabo had cases it was assumed that it was just community transmission as there was no evidence to the contrary.
    I said in an earlier post if the DFC lads had been outside a pub in Dundalk having a legal takeaway pint then no one would have made anything of it.
    It was the fact that they were in Belfast which was a clear breech of the rules that did them, the FAI had to comment when confronted with it as they are lobbying Government to allow us reopen based on how careful the LOI clubs are being.

Its over now thanks to the negative tests, they can go on the booze in Dundalk next Sunday instead
    That's not legal either, which is why some clubs players do it behind closed doors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    That's not legal either, which is why some clubs players do it behind closed doors

Takeaway pints are legal at least in Dublin they are....or i need to keep an eye over my shoulder

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Provided they're consumed an appropriate distance away from the premises then they're legal alright.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    100 yards, luckily there's a pub every 100 yards in Galway!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    100 yards, luckily there's a pub every 100 yards in Galway!
    Damn hard to find a legal spot thats more than100yds away from a Pub in any town or city to legally consume a takeaway pints!! Spoilsport health officials knew what they were doing.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Expecting a very tough one for us this evening. Drogs are a good side as it is but despite the club being tight-lipped as always on team news it seems likely that we'll be missing quite a few bodies in what is already a small squad. Big test for us especially after last week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    If Dundalk cant beat Home Farm we are in serious trouble!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast