Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LoI Series 17 & 14- Premier & 1St Div Fixtures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poster View Post
    Did Pat's create many chances after Brennan was sent off?
    not really but neither did we. Last 15 of the first we gave the ball away to many times and so did pats and neither side created much. first 15 of the second half they had us on the ropes and scored. their goal was lucky I thought but well deserved. Even after they scored they dominated us for a while. Keith Ward came on before they scored and we started to take control after that. Our goal was lucky too, Pats defending should of been a lot better and Byrne gave Clarke no chance. from a dfc pov I am bias so I'll say we fully deserved it.
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Can really call last night a contest with the conditions that were in it, but if I was a Bray fan I'd have been very heartened with the seond half showing, defo could have taken a point.

As for us, we've got Patterson, which always gives you have a chance!
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Disgraceful carry on by the stewards in Dundalk last night. worst carry on i have ever witnessed at a match in over twenty years. Really hope karma fooks Dundalk right in the azz for many years to come.
    and playing "we are the champions" at the end....beyond pathetic !!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desaintsno.12 View Post
    Disgraceful carry on by the stewards in Dundalk last night. worst carry on i have ever witnessed at a match in over twenty years. Really hope karma fooks Dundalk right in the azz for many years to come.
    and playing "we are the champions" at the end....beyond pathetic !!
    Nobody on here has yet to give a full explanation of how this was Dundalks Stewards fault, il await an official report from either club or the guards before blaming anyway

5. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Nobody on here has yet to give a full explanation of how this was Dundalks Stewards fault, il await an official report from either club or the guards before blaming anyway
    Hard to summarise well over 90 mins of brutal behaviour. Can only hope ya's get nailed to the wall for it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Quite right.

All we know is that a Pats fans slipped on the steps and was badly injured. No one has provided any evidence as to how this is the fault of a steward.

Furthermore, the other gripe appears to be that the stewards did not eject children from their seats to make way for fans who didn't buy a stand ticket.

The whinging from a few Pats fans is really pathetic and using an unfortunate accident to have a go at volunteer stewards is cowardly and disgusting.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Quite right.

All we know is that a Pats fans slipped on the steps and was badly injured. No one has provided any evidence as to how this is the fault of a steward.

Furthermore, the other gripe appears to be that the stewards did not eject children from their seats to make way for fans who didn't buy a stand ticket.

The whinging from a few Pats fans is really pathetic and using an unfortunate accident to have a go at volunteer stewards is cowardly and disgusting.
    You don't know what you're talking about

Also you are in no place to talk about pathetic ....."we are the champions"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Anyone want to try and explain what happened?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    You don't know what you're talking about

Also you are in no place to talk about pathetic ....."we are the champions"
    I was five feet away from what happened.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I was five feet away from what happened.
    And saw nothing wrong from ten mins before kick off till after the game ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    And saw nothing wrong from ten mins before kick off till after the game ??
    Of course I did.

A steward let terrace ticket holders into the stand because he felt sorry for them getting wet. That shouldn't have happened, as the stewards were unable to control the subsequent behavior of some of those fans.

LOI stewards are too "hands off", but I will not stand by while unpaid volunteers are castigated for an accident. Which of us would volunteer to be an unpaid steward?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Any safety officer/match day mgt worth their salt would have spotted the various fook ups and done something to sort it out. Instead the stewards just said they didn't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    terrible weather in Dundalk for the match. The stand in OP was more or less full with Dundalk and pats fans. Midway through the game pats fans on the away tce complained that they were getting soaked and for some reason or another someone who hasn't been identified opened the gate for them to let them in. with the pats section already full there was a small area of seats where the half time entertainment match participants sit (schoolkids and their parents) and the pats fans demanded that the partition be moved back to let the pats fans sit there. The stewards and gardai refused to do so. there was some shouting but nothing really of any note. I don't know when the pats fan fell or if he was intoxicated or what but I do hope he gets well. for the pats fans to tell us that he hope we get what we deserve, grow up will you. It is regrettable and unfortunate that it happened and hopefully an investigation will find out the exact truth of what happened and implement any findings.
    Long Live King Kenny

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    terrible weather in Dundalk for the match. The stand in OP was more or less full with Dundalk and pats fans. Midway through the game pats fans on the away tce complained that they were getting soaked and for some reason or another someone who hasn't been identified opened the gate for them to let them in. with the pats section already full there was a small area of seats where the half time entertainment match participants sit (schoolkids and their parents) and the pats fans demanded that the partition be moved back to let the pats fans sit there. The stewards and gardai refused to do so. there was some shouting but nothing really of any note. I don't know when the pats fan fell or if he was intoxicated or what but I do hope he gets well. for the pats fans to tell us that he hope we get what we deserve, grow up will you. It is regrettable and unfortunate that it happened and hopefully an investigation will find out the exact truth of what happened and implement any findings.
    Wrong !!
    Issues started before kick off. Dundalk will of course spin the above line too I'm sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Wrong !!
    Issues started before kick off. Dundalk will of course spin the above line too I'm sure
    Well what are your version of events?
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Wrong !!
    The only spinning going on is the attempt to link the unfortunate accident with the stewards.

There is no way the gate should have been opened, I said so to a steward at the time. The real problem started when the Pats fans tried to take the seats of the kids who were providing the half time entertainment.

Someone is trying to spread the myth that just because those kids temporarily vacated their seats to play on the pitch at half time, that this section was free. It wasn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Remember going to the away uncovered terrace is entirely optional for most away fans in oriel pk. There would have been more seats made available for those wanting to spend an extra fiver. €15 ticket. I don't think all would have been accommodated but most probably could have been.

I would have taken that option if I was an away fan. In saying that i would much prefer if the away terrace was covered.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The LoI Blog
    It didn't stop there with first half action tho, but this time it was in the stand between the away support and local stewards and Gardai. Stewards opened the gate into the stand for the away supporters who were stuck on the terrace in the heavy rain and strong winds but had the stand blocked off four rows back which led to fans being squashed in together. All this while there was over seventy free seats behind in the away section of the seating area. It was a disturbing sight to witness ladies and gentlemen of an older age along with young children being subjected to this treatment. .....
    .....Getting back to the disturbances in the stand, unfortunately it continued into the second half. Dundalk FC stewards along with local Gardai while viewing the uncomfortable scenes were adamant that barriers were not going to be removed to insure the safety of fans. This alone leaves a lot to be asked of the policing at grade 'A' games in this league.
    Is this accurate?

Link: http://www.theloiblog.com/NewsStory.aspx?n=503
    Have you ever won the treble?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Wrong !!
    You cant come on, call every Dundalk poster wrong, without giving us an info on what occurred before the game, as you said something happened before kick off or your version of events during the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Half truth but there was no way 70 seats free. even some dlk fans in the stand sat on the steps where I was. The seating area in question were being occupied by children and their parents who were providing the HT entertainment. if seats were free then no more than 10 or 20 as other dlk fans would of had preference. Gutter journo's like this are blowing this way out of proportion. don't get me wrong this is serious and a full investigation should take place to establish what exactly happened and also to avoid something like this happening again. and seriously the cry about elderly, women and children ffs
    Long Live King Kenny

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast