Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon Cox (F Western Sydney Wanderers b.1987)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yapster View Post
    The best forward prospect we have is Stokes I think.
    Sweet mother of Jesus! If it is then we are fecked!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

2. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Can't let this go unchallenged.

Yes we can. We have and we will continue to.

How have you determined that it was McGrath's Nigerian blood that made him the player he was? According to you, how do you feel Nigerian blood, as opposed to Irish blood, creates a better footballer?

Is it just me, or does this contradict itself slightly?

We already have one: Martin Rogan. We've produced plenty decent heavyweight boxers in the past too. In any case, what does it matter? We have some great boxers. It doesn't matter what weight class they are.

On the topic of Simon Cox; I haven't seen him play, but his statistics from recent seasons are impressive. If he's eligible and we can profit from having him play for Ireland, I see absolutely no problem with having him in the team.

You are having a laugh with Martin Rogan... How many Irish-born Heavyweight champions have there been? or evn serious contenders? Yes I know Ireland has produced some very good boxers in oyher weights but Heavyweight nothing.

There is no contradiction as the off-spring of the foreign nationals will be Irish born & bred.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Look at Paul McGrath with his Nigerian blood that made him the player he was.
    Good one.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Good one.

His Irish half was all alcohol....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Is this Yapster fella Anthony Stokes' half Nigerian cousin?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny82 View Post
    Is this Yapster fella Anthony Stokes' half Nigerian cousin?

No, yours...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    You are having a laugh with Martin Rogan... How many Irish-born Heavyweight champions have there been? or evn serious contenders? Yes I know Ireland has produced some very good boxers in oyher weights but Heavyweight nothing.
    Like I said, Ireland produces plenty of talented boxers. Martin Rogan is one of those. Why does it matter so much to you that they're Irish-born? A man can be Irish without being born in Ireland.

There is no contradiction as the off-spring of the foreign nationals will be Irish born & bred.
    The contradiction is that you are complaining about the use of the 'granny rule', which allows for second generation Irish to play for Ireland (whom you appear to see as 'alien'), while favouring Irish born foreigners.

Would you be in favour of a player who, due to completely accidental circumstances, just happened to be born in Ireland to a Brazilian mother and a German father, playing for Ireland instead of a better player who happened to be born in England, but to two Irish parents, whose surname is something like Ó Murchú?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Like I said, Ireland produces plenty of talented boxers. Martin Rogan is one of those. Why does it matter so much to you that they're Irish-born? A man can be Irish without being born in Ireland.

The contradiction is that you are complaining about the use of the 'granny rule', which allows for second generation Irish to play for Ireland (whom you appear to see as 'alien'), while favouring Irish born foreigners.

Would you be in favour of a player who, due to completely accidental circumstances, just happened to be born in Ireland to a Brazilian mother and a German father, playing for Ireland instead of a better player who happened to be born in England, but to two Irish parents, whose surname is something like Ó Murchú?

There is no such thing as an Irish born foreigner, if you are born & bred on the Island of Ireland you are Irish regardless of color or creed!!

Yes if people of Irish descent feel they are Irish then they are Irish. I accept that 2nd generation Irish should be entitled to play for their parents country but the granny thing is taking the ****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    There is no such thing as an Irish born foreigner, if you are born & bred on the Island of Ireland you are Irish regardless of color or creed!!
    I used the term 'Irish born foreigner' to illustrate my point. Birthplace is fairly arbitrary in international football.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Do you think that if Aldridge,Townsend, & co had a choice between Ireland or England who do you think they would want to play for?

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Do you think that if Aldridge,Townsend, & co had a choice between Ireland or England who do you think they would want to play for?
    All that matters to me is what they do in a green shirt. Those lads ran through brick walls for Ireland
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    They played for Ireland and they played well. I'm happy with that.

Meanwhile, Cox has issued a statement that makes it crystal clear that he would like to play for Ireland - that's even better.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If you are going by blood when you say a Brazilian mother and German father btw wouldn't that make a great mix for a footballer? opposed to an english-born player with Irish blood and an Irish name then would Johnny Giles,Roy Keane,George Best,S.Hunt,Robbie Keane,Keith Andrews,Denis Irwin & co be english or Scottish because they have english & Scottish names?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    If you are going by blood when you say a Brazilian mother and German father btw wouldn't that make a great mix for a footballer? opposed to an english-born player with Irish blood and an Irish name then would Johnny Giles,Roy Keane,George Best,S.Hunt,Robbie Keane,Keith Andrews,Denis Irwin & co be english or Scottish because they have english & Scottish names?
    I think you've missed the point.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think you've missed the point.

The point being?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Interesting the number of new members in Nov 2009, not sure if it was pre or post Henrygate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    It's such a shame that Ireland can't produce quality players who are born in Ireland. Thats the good thing about the infusion of foreign people into Ireland in the last 15 years or so is that the offspring of these people will bring some badly needed skill & intelligence to Irish football.Look at Paul McGrath with his Nigerian blood that made him the player he was.
    Thats rather fantastic. His Nigerian blood Why was Liam Brady so good then? Pretty much anytime you try to make any further such ridiculous point or rubbish jibe at an irish player people really should be reminded that you were the man who thought McGrath's skill was down to his Nigerian blood An absolute classic!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    Thats rather fantastic. His Nigerian blood Why was Liam Brady so good then? Pretty much anytime you try to make any further such ridiculous point or rubbish jibe at an irish player people really should be reminded that you were the man who thought McGrath's skill was down to his Nigerian blood An absolute classic!

Brady was half English....

McGrath had perfect balance,skill & grace on the ball and an in-born ability to read the game. The greatest player to play for Ireland imo. Born in England and had a Nigerian father. Now do you get my drift?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    No, I don't think anyone does, in fact it really is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've read here. Honestly.

Roy Keane had an in built ability to read the game. No Nigerian blood. Joe O'Cearúill might have had a bit of Nigerian blood in him though.
    Talking about a player who has grown up in a certain country, or with a different footballing culture to here is one thing, but I don't see many national teams investing in eugenics just yet.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    So you don't think Paul McGraths African heritage had nothing to do with his skill as a footballer?

Most of the top players in the world have African blood,most Brazilians,Henry & co,Ruud Gullit & co,Sol Campbell & co.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast