Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Christ.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    I wonder who’s unhappier,Harps,Pats or Sligo fans?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mackend6 View Post
    For the last 10 or 12 years I've said a game we played away in Longford on Good Friday was the worst game of football I've ever seen.

I think it's about to be replaced by this game in United Park. Putrid.
    Totally agree - until a quite extraordinary twist at the end which came out of nowhere. Amazing stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    No reason UCD can't finish ahead of this joke of a harps team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Been at the last 4 Rovers matches, fair play to him.

Looking forward to a relaxing Friday evening, take the missus for a drink and not have to rush off to Tallaght for a change.
    Can i dare to dream Dundalk will do us a favour in Derry tonight.

Bright spot for me last night was the ball Gaffney played in for Danny's goal with the outside of his right foot 30 yards for a tap in for Danny.
    Also delighted Gaffney got a goal for himself he does so much for the team but strikers like to score
    How did the drinks go sbgawa ? Sorry love just nipping to the jacks, 'live score.......great 1-0 Dundalk..........then 2-1...............treat yourseves to a curry chip on the way home !

Dundalk actually extended the lead in 3rd, this is good stuff, Benson goal was outstanding, serious shift by Hoban with the late winner, and John Martin too for his assist.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Is this the weirdest league in a long time?

Shels when they lose look awful it seems, yet they win away to Sligo, Pat's and Derry.

That's not a good Dundalk team but they've only lost twice and are on a great run of form lately (I think they got 9 points and six draws from their first eight games? So that's 19 points from the next eight). And one of those defeats was against Drogheda.

Sligo, Bohs and Pat's seem incapable of any consistency, which is strange given how well they've been performing the last couple of seasons.

UCD and Harps have plenty of consistency and it's hard to see either of us stay up. Drogheda seem crap too but they're winning the games that matter.

Third to seventh is going to be a hell of a scrap for the last Euro spots

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Effective from Dundalk, good retention of the ball in tight situations, went long when needed and slowed things up when Derry getting on top. Unmarked header for the equaliser was down point. Didnt see that result coming and surprised at Derry as they didnt play with the intensity you'd expect. Win that game in hand and maybe we're further along the rebuilding curve that thought. Cant fault any of the players at all. Generally been a good night for Dundalk! Tetchy on the sideline so be interesting to hear what that was about -McMllan had a yellow before he came on which could be trivia piece. You're welcome Shamrock Rovers!
    Last time I saw that was the 2019 cup final.

Thanks for helping Derry with their wobble. I have a screenshot somewhere around here for DCWA if he turns up.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    I wonder who’s unhappier,Harps,Pats or Sligo fans?
    I am unhappier than all Harps and Sligo fans added together after that tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post

Shels when they lose look awful it seems, yet they win away to Sligo, Pat's and Derry.

That's not a good Dundalk team but they've only lost twice and are on a great run of form lately (I think they got 9 points and six draws from their first eight games? So that's 19 points from the next eight). And one of those defeats was against Drogheda.

Sligo, Bohs and Pat's seem incapable of any consistency, which is strange given how well they've been performing the last couple of seasons.

UCD and Harps have plenty of consistency and it's hard to see either of us stay up. Drogheda seem crap too but they're winning the games that matter.

And Derry now only 9 points from last 8 games

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Actually maybe not in the case of Harps, that looks pretty horrific on paper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    I am unhappier than all Harps and Sligo fans added together after that tonight.
    Yeah. I’m fuming. That was a disgrace tonight from Pats tonight. It’s one thing getting spanked by Derry, and that’s bad enough, but this was totally unacceptable.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    harps collapse doesnt look good for horgan. 1-0 up and cruising vs 11 , drogs down to 10 and the game turns in their favour and they score 3. madness.
    cork absymal again, galways league to lose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post

I wouldnt say its not a good Dundalk side, but not yet a Dundalk side that were dominating. Its a better side than many over the years and should not have lost to Drogheda or coughed up a 2 nil lead at UCD. Definitely better than those results and even 4 points, as would have been expected, and yer on the coat tails of top spot.

Not even half ways through the league so I still think the Derry will push Rovers more than others have the last few years. If Dundalk keep ticking over we really could get among things during others' rigours in Europe, Im enjoying the inconsistencies of this season which will of course be declared the worst standard league ever! It is important for Dundalk to qualify for Europe 2023 while our coefficient can still make a difference before falling away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    And Derry now only 9 points from last 8 games
    Good spot; I didn't realise their form was so bad.

That includes 11 goals in a week as well!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Super win of course by Dundalk, thought we might get something but didn't think it would be a win, incredible to think first away win and there of all places. Prob not far off Derry doing same in one of the Kenny years at Dundalk.

Increased our lead in 3rd, but nothing changes from my hopes, to qualify for europe by any method = excellent season.

Pineapple - what you saw last Fri was the probably the worst from Dundalk all season, I think UCD probably would have seen themselves unlucky not to have won, you were the better side last 45.

#Weirdest League indeed
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    I really hate football sometimes.

Clearly, so do the Finn Harps squad.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Well Galway United have won 7 games in a row for only the second time ever. We’ve also scored in our first 15 games of the League season for the first time ever.

We can set a new club record by beating Cork next weekend, which would also mean we’d have gone through this series of games having beaten every other side in the Division.

It’s also the first time we’ve been top all season, which of course will change next week should we lose.

Next week should see a massive crowd, hopefully over 4k, there’s a real buzz about the place now.

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I dunno why everyone's giving out about the league this year, I think it's goin really well so far! 😁

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Pineapple - what you saw last Fri was the probably the worst from Dundalk all season
    Well that's fair - everyone will have different views of clubs when they only see them once or twice. And yeah, to have lost three games, of which two were against Drogheda and UCD, would have been even weirder!

I think though the comments at the start of the season were that Dundalk had a good 1-11, but no real strength in depth and had a couple of players who were maybe on their last legs (McMillan and Gartland for example). In that regard, to be potentially a point off second, having lost twice in the opening half of the season, is an amazing outcome. If nothing else, I think in previous years one of Pat's/Bohs/Sligo (and let's not forget Cork!) would be doing ok and would be ahead of ye.

I think one thing we can definitely conclude is that O'Donnell has half an idea what he's doing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    How did the drinks go sbgawa ? Sorry love just nipping to the jacks, 'live score.......great 1-0 Dundalk..........then 2-1...............treat yourseves to a curry chip on the way home !

Dundalk actually extended the lead in 3rd, this is good stuff, Benson goal was outstanding, serious shift by Hoban with the late winner, and John Martin too for his assist.
    Drinks went well and the scores coming in helped to turn it into a very good night indeed.
    7 points clear is a great lead, cant believe the Derry team who turned up in Tallaght have 9 points from last 8 games.
    Dundalk confuse me they looked dreadful in Tallaght and i have no idea how they draw with UCD from 2 nil up... but if they win their game in hand they are a point off second. ..SOD doing a great job based on points.
    IF Derry are in the title race then so are Dundalk so the truce is over i hate you lot again
    Bohs beating Sligo was also good as it keeps the Long/Lambert duo in place for longer, think about the bees.

23. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast