Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Padraig Amond

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts

Padraig Amond

From the preview of tomorrow's game away to Maritimo on Pacos de Ferreira's website: http://www.fcpf.pt/catalogo_noticias.php?ID=2076
    As estreias de Padraig Amond e Nelson Oliveira são a nota de maior destaque nos convocados pacenses, fustigados por algumas lesões de atletas do meio-campo.
    Inscritos sobre a data limite do período de transferências, os avançados Amond e Nélson Oliveira mereceram já a confiança de Rui Vitória para o compromisso da 4ª jornada da Liga Sagres. Para a deslocação à Madeira, o treinador pacense não vai poder contar com os lesionados André Leão, Manuel José, Carlos Renan e Filipe Anunciação, o que debilita sobretudo o sector intermédio da equipa.
    As novidades prendem-se ainda com o regresso ao lote de eleitos do central Javier Cohene e do g.r. António Filipe, sendo preteridos, por opção, em relação à partida com o Portimonense, Coelho e Lucas.
    Maykon continua em fase de recuperação e ainda não é opção para jogar. A equipa parte este sábado de manhã para o Funchal, realizando à tarde (16h) um treino no Centro Desportivo da Ribeira Brava.
    and plugging into Google Translate:
    The premiere of Padraig Amond and Nelson Oliveira are the most prominent note in Badajoz convened, buffeted by a few injuries of athletes in midfield.
    Subscribers on the date of the transfer period, the advanced Amond and Nelson Oliveira has earned the trust of Rui Victory to the commitment of the 4th round of the Premier League. To travel to Madeira, the coach Badajoz will not be able to count the injured Andre Leon, José Manuel, Carlos Renan and Philip Annunciation, which undermines the sector mainly through the team.
    The novelties concern even with the return to the lot of the elected central Javier Antonio gr Cohen and Philip, being unsuccessful, by choice, for the match with the Portimonense, Cole and Luke.
    Maykon still in recovery phase and not yet an option to play. The team party this Saturday morning to Funchal, performing in the afternoon (16h) a workout at the Sports Centre of Ribeira Brava.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Any live stream of this game online?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Best of luck to the lad. I wish more Irish kids would go play in Portugal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    How come he's only featuring in the Ireland forum now? He was top scorer in the LoI and never got a mention in terms of the senior Irish team. What has changed only that he has joined a Portugese team? Does that make him somehow more of a player??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Portugal has a league?
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    How come he's only featuring in the Ireland forum now? He was top scorer in the LoI and never got a mention in terms of the senior Irish team. What has changed only that he has joined a Portugese team? Does that make him somehow more of a player??

because games in the Portuguese league are not discussed in the League of Ireland section
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    How come he's only featuring in the Ireland forum now?
    Don't know why he's even featuring now...he's not good enough to play international.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

8. Thanks From:

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Yes, it does. The LoI is an amateur league. The Portugese league is a fully professional league. LoI players will never start at the international level until they move to foreign countries. FACT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    Yes, it does. The LoI is an amateur league. The Portugese league is a fully professional league. LoI players will never start at the international level until they move to foreign countries. FACT.
    And you are clearly an idiot.

So if Lionel Messi decided to play for Bohs, then Pádraig Amond would be better than him? Interesting logic.

Amond's been in Portugal about a fortnight, if even. He is no more an international standard player now than he was at Sligo. He DOES, however, have more of a chance of being picked. But that's just small-mindedness by Trappatoni.
    Last edited by ped_ped; 12/09/2010 at 5:07 PM.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    No, you are clearly the idiot here. Why would Messi decide to play for Bohs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    give it up lads ffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Hypothetically, Colbert Report. Anyway don't let my unrealistic example stop you from answering my question

A player becomes 'more of a player' when he moves to a bigger club, on bigger money? Surely it's the other way 'round? A player earns a move to a bigger club, on bigger money when he becomes 'more of a player,' no?

Or are you actually saying that Pádraig Amond is a far better player than he was two weeks ago?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ped_ped View Post
    A player becomes 'more of a player' when he moves to a bigger club, on bigger money? Surely it's the other way 'round? A player earns a move to a bigger club, on bigger money when he becomes 'more of a player,' no?

Or are you actually saying that Pádraig Amond is a far better player than he was two weeks ago?
    Regardless of what CR writes about the LOI. A player leaving the LOI to play in a foreign league comes into the radar of this section.
    Because there is a thread on him or because we discuss him here does not carry any special meaning as to his talents or his development since leaving the LOI.
    That is the way of things here. Players who are in the LOI are discussed in the LOI section.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    im just glad someone had the sense to delete Colberts post.

Lets not turn this into a LOI debate. The performances of numerous players since leaving the domestic league has dispelled the myth for once and for all that the League has no quality. Let this thread focus on Amonds career in Portugal, a really interesting move.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Regardless of what CR writes about the LOI. A player leaving the LOI to play in a foreign league comes into the radar of this section.
    Because there is a thread on him or because we discuss him here does not carry any special meaning as to his talents or his development since leaving the LOI.
    That is the way of things here. Players who are in the LOI are discussed in the LOI section.
    I agree, and wasn't challenging that point or complaining that he only has a thread now, just challenging what Colbert Report said.

Anyway, moving on, was Amond in the Pacos squad today? I know he didn't start but thats about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    My post was deleted and I received an infraction for writing my opinion on the issue at hand. The question was asked about whether this guy was a better player because he had moved to a fully professional league. Why is writing my opinion that the LoI is an inferior league full of inferior players worthy of an infraction? It is my honest opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ped_ped View Post
    I agree, and wasn't challenging that point or complaining that he only has a thread now, just challenging what Colbert Report said.

Anyway, moving on, was Amond in the Pacos squad today? I know he didn't start but thats about it.
    unused sub - http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2010...rreira/960188/

22. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Probably because your honest opinion suggested that he'd become an infinitely better player as the result of a plane trip and a couple of training sessions with his new club.

If anybody's interested, the game ended 1-1 and Amond didn't make it on the pitch, possibly because his team's goalkeeper was sent off before the hour mark.

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/201...rreira/960188/

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    My point really is that is shows the warped, yes warped, view we have of our own league that the minute he goes to a fairly mediocre Portugese team where he may not even get a game he is considered worthy of starting a thread about in the context of the ireland's senior squad. Bizarre.
    I'd agree with Sligoman that he most likely won't make it as an international striker as, despite his top quality finishing ,he hasn't got the pace or physicality for modern top level football in my opinion.
    I'll know when to eat my words when I see a plethora of posters on here waxing lyrical about how they remember him well from going to the showgrounds.....

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    This forum isn't necessarily about current/future national team players, just Irish players abroad.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast