Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shamrock rvrs, Derry city two horse race next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    I have friends who have or had similar concerns but personally I'm not worried, DD doesn't want 50% of SRFC, he wants the investment to be worth his while from a footballing point of view - which is why he invested in the first place. That said you or anyone else are perfectly entitled to doubt his bona fides re his interest in Rovers but I'm also happy to have DD nominees on the board as it brings a new level of corporate expertise and professionalism to a LOI club.

There is definitely an argument to be made that with money so cheap at the moment we could or should borrow the €2m to pay off DD but it's not one I currently agree with and anyway that debate is internal to SRFC.
    Hmmmm now where have I heard that before.............have analytics ever been mentioned?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    You’re right DCSIL free state snakes no better than the french who fought for the nazis them
    lot but us Derry men will show them on the soccer field !!
    You could then have an annual parade to celebrate! What dates are the walls available?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    The Dubs who make up most of your Town influencing your attitude of "We hate the Brits or anyone we think is a Brit but we will buy their products and consume their entertainment"
    I don't hate Brits or Derry people or Derry City at all actually.I'm just bored while I wait to see what underwhelming assortment of Dubs we bring in next so I can give out about them.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    I don't hate Brits or Derry people or Derry City at all actually.I'm just bored while I wait to see what underwhelming assortment of Dubs we bring in next so I can give out about them.
    We want Locals.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Not unless they're good locals. We really want exotic sounding foreigners that had trials with Middlesbrough or Huddersfield.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    What you say is correct but for context important to note that DD is owed €2m and if not repaid in a few years then 50% ownership of the club goes to him…. Not saying that the loan won’t be repaid but there’s still a huge amount outstanding to DD…. And whilst the members almost unanimously voted for that deal and it’s been very beneficial so far, there is the potential for DD to own at least half the club but also have control at board level in a few years…. So personally that still concerns me
    Sorry but that is absolute nonsense.
    He bought 25% of the club for 2 million, he is a shareholder and is owed precisely Zero by the club ......
    I would be happy if buying him out was an option so if Gavin Bazunu was sold or we get a bucket of Euro group stage money we could buy back 25% of the club for the members but that is not an option we have.
    No idea where this is coming from
    Last edited by sbgawa; 06/12/2021 at 3:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    The 'loan' element rather than pure investment is actually there as comfort for the members club ie as a mechanism to buy back the stake from DD. Also it wouldn't be 50% of the club but again that's our business.
    I’m not doubting DDs bone fides …. He is what he is ; a successful tycoon and tax exile who was a supporter of CJH and recently came out with a glowing tribute to Sean Fitzpatrick ; what ‘amused’ me at the time of his investment was his effort at persuading the Rovers members that they shouldn’t regard him as an aggressive investor but a benevolent ‘uncle’- that made me laugh and also saddened me that (a) he took all of us to be that naive and (b) turns out he was right about most…. Bottom line is if we don’t pay him back he owns 50% of Rovers and so far not a penny has been paid back… personally I’d like to us start to pay down the debt soon but understand that over lat 18 months that wasn’t possible but I’ll start to worry if we haven’t paid off at €500k by this time next year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I’m not doubting DDs bone fides …. He is what he is ; a successful tycoon and tax exile who was a supporter of CJH and recently came out with a glowing tribute to Sean Fitzpatrick ; what ‘amused’ me at the time of his investment was his effort at persuading the Rovers members that they shouldn’t regard him as an aggressive investor but a benevolent ‘uncle’- that made me laugh and also saddened me that (a) he took all of us to be that naive and (b) turns out he was right about most…. Bottom line is if we don’t pay him back he owns 50% of Rovers and so far not a penny has been paid back… personally I’d like to us start to pay down the debt soon but understand that over lat 18 months that wasn’t possible but I’ll start to worry if we haven’t paid off at €500k by this time next year
    Calcio, i suggest you ask someone on the board to explain the transaction to you.
    He bought 25% of the club for 2m....no loan just a purchase and no option for us to pay it back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Calcio, i suggest you ask someone on the board to explain the transaction to you.
    He bought 25% of the club for 2m....no loan just a purchase and no option for us to pay it back.
    Correction he did purchase 25% of the club not 50%. and technically correct it’s not a loan but the option for the club to buy back his 25% shareholding is correct

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    As Sbgwa says that is untrue. I've hinted as much above too but it's not for outsiders to have that detail. You have an axe to grind about DD and obviously don't like him but bottom line is he is a 25% shareholder in the club which he bought for €2m approx. Nothing shady or out of the norm about that - as the massive vote in favour showed.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    As Sbgwa says that is untrue. I've hinted as much above too but it's not for outsiders to have that detail. You have an axe to grind about DD and obviously don't like him but bottom line is he is a 25% shareholder in the club which he bought for €2m approx. Nothing shady or out of the norm about that - as the massive vote in favour showed.
    I’ve no axe to grind with DD but won’t apologise for pointing out known facts about him- nor did I in any way infer there was anything shady about the deal; I just pointed out that his reference to being regarded as a benevolent ‘uncle’ was laughable and anyone believing that was a tad naieve.

I was just pointing out we may currently be in very good place financially - however working on the assumption that the intention is to buy back DDSs shares which was the basis on which the DD deal was recommended ( at the agreed price of €2m) rather than allow him keep them ; then we in effect have a €2m loan O/S to him.

I’ll leave it there as this really isn’t for discussion with the general readership
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 06/12/2021 at 3:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I’ve no axe to grind with DD but won’t apologise for pointing out known facts about him- nor did I in any way infer there was anything shady about the deal; I just pointed out that his reference to being regarded as a benevolent ‘uncle’ was laughable and anyone believing that was a tad naieve.

I was just pointing out we may currently be in very good place financially - however working on the assumption that the intention is to buy back DDSs shares which was the basis on which the DD deal was recommended ( at the agreed price of €2m) rather than allow him keep them ; then we in effect have a €2m loan O/S to him.

I’ll leave it there as this really isn’t for discussion with the general readership
    Sorry but regardless of how many times you say this it isnt true and was 100% not the basis on which DD bought in, go and talk to one of the members club board.
    In fact if that was the basis on which he bought in he would really be a not for profit benefactor as he is risking his money and if the club is successful it simply says thanks for buying 25% of the club but now that its worth much more as we have loads of transfer or European money we will buy you out at the old valuation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Indeed, future direction will be decided by the Rovers membership and their elected reps not on a public forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    So Rovers membership either dont agree on the terms of the deal or dont understand it. Divided ye fall and all that and all that. Once again its time that will tell whether it was of benefit or risk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Advice from a Dundalk fan....

CJ doesn't agree or understand. Rest-assured 99% of us are very happily united and well-informed.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    So Rovers membership either dont agree on the terms of the deal or dont understand it. Divided ye fall and all that and all that. Once again its time that will tell whether it was of benefit or risk.
    I think its "Dont understand" unfortunately but its a pretty simple Share sale unless we all believe he bought in and agreed we could buy him back out later if we hit the Euro bonanza money at the same price but if it all went tits up he loses his money.
    I dont know if Calcio is a member but we've had 3 or 4 town halls via zoom over the last 6 months, with on average 200 people at the meetings, id suggest he asks at the next one for clarification.
    Simple solution

As Weare rovers said United , well informed and Cough cough League Champions (couldn't resist)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Seems like a massive crisis at Rovers. Where will the breakaway club play? Stradbrook?

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    Seems like a massive crisis at Rovers. Where will the breakaway club play? Stradbrook?
    Well it is free now to be fair as Cabo are now playing in the Carlisle grounds.

Apparently Derry are in negotiations to buy all 9 other Premier Division clubs , 1 team league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Well it is free now to be fair as Cabo are now playing in the Carlisle grounds.

Apparently Derry are in negotiations to buy all 9 other Premier Division clubs , 1 team league
    And no doubt Dermot Desmond will loan them the money …, I mean invest in that 😜

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    Would have said Finn Park for a return on investment…

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast