Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL 2022/23

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Hearing rumours of Knocka back in the AuL next year?

Can anyone confirm?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    But still the north side clubs falling in the muck again to the hands of the AUL they would want to really take a good look at the committee and make some changes this coming year, the aul is becoming less and less attractive to play in and it’s becoming more and more prevalent with the decisions they are making

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Whilst the AUL is at fault in certain situations.

The north sides biggest problem is that some of them arent clubs they are teams.

They have no structures in place when they hit hard times they are gone as they have no real set up or plan to keep the whole thing going.

Any in some cases they don’t have any interest to keep the show on the road.

They then reappear a few later or even the following season under another name.

They are good time Charlie’s
    It’s a joke it stops genuine clubs from progressing.

Which I think is all wrong.

4. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Knocka Celtic will be like Blarney Street and with similar personal involved. Where do you put them?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    Whilst the AUL is at fault in certain situations.

The north sides biggest problem is that some of them arent clubs they are teams.

They have no structures in place when they hit hard times they are gone as they have no real set up or plan to keep the whole thing going.

Any in some cases they don’t have any interest to keep the show on the road.

They then reappear a few later or even the following season under another name.

They are good time Charlie’s
    It’s a joke it stops genuine clubs from progressing.

Which I think is all wrong.
    While I agree with you that it’s a joke teams can come in and out as the please, I work with a lad who plays for Temple B and threw out this season he has told me 4-5 times where the aul have sabotaged there season weither intentionally or not and every single one of those players on that B team since January have all stepped in and played with the A and B team to keep there team alive, if ye want more detail on how the aul have not done this team any favours I can elaborate

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AULboy View Post
    While I agree with you that it’s a joke teams can come in and out as the please, I work with a lad who plays for Temple B and threw out this season he has told me 4-5 times where the aul have sabotaged there season weither intentionally or not and every single one of those players on that B team since January have all stepped in and played with the A and B team to keep there team alive, if ye want more detail on how the aul have not done this team any favours I can elaborate
    How is it the AUL fault if the b team had to step up and play for the a team. Sounds like the a team was full of good time Charlie’s. They had no problem filling both teams when they were winning a couple of seasons ago. Some of these north side teams could learn a thing or two from the county teams on how the keep going when the going gets tough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    For the sake of clarity do elaborate because from the outside looking in Temple seem to have plenty of their own problems.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Have to agree with the above that teams folding and starting up again a season or two later is a joke. Plenty teams struggling for numbers at the moment with nothing to play for but still get a team out on the pitch.

In relation to Temple B, have the rules for A & B status changed that they can play their B players in the A team and not lose their B status?

The AUL really do not help themselves, I heard over the weekend that the Bweeng Boscos County cup quarter final should never have been played as Bweeng had never played Banteer Bs in the first round! Will be very interesting to see what they do with that one now, will they just put Boscos playing Banteer Bs in the quarter final now!?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LetItLong11 View Post
    Have to agree with the above that teams folding and starting up again a season or two later is a joke. Plenty teams struggling for numbers at the moment with nothing to play for but still get a team out on the pitch.

In relation to Temple B, have the rules for A & B status changed that they can play their B players in the A team and not lose their B status?

The AUL really do not help themselves, I heard over the weekend that the Bweeng Boscos County cup quarter final should never have been played as Bweeng had never played Banteer Bs in the first round! Will be very interesting to see what they do with that one now, will they just put Boscos playing Banteer Bs in the quarter final now!?
    The fixtures have been a mess in fairness. I saw that bweeng were down to play banteer in the second round and the down to play boscos in the quarter final too. Unless banteer decided they no longer wanted to play but that seems unlikely.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AULboy View Post
    Would be interesting to hear how their seasons were sabotaged by the AUL?

It's a hard slog for any club putting out 1 team at times, not to mind 2. Maybe just another example of a Club biting off more than they can chew as the season progresses. Over past 2 months I think a lot of teams are just about fulfilling fixtures.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplainThis View Post
    Would be interesting to hear how their seasons were sabotaged by the AUL?

It's a hard slog for any club putting out 1 team at times, not to mind 2. Maybe just another example of a Club biting off more than they can chew as the season progresses. Over past 2 months I think a lot of teams are just about fulfilling fixtures.
    Temple B we’re told they must finish there A team fixtures while not being allowed sign 1 player who has already signed for a club despite the transfer window being open, They signed a player from the cow got confirmation of the signing that the player was allowed to play, the said player then played in there 3-0 win in the aoh over Grangevale temple were then removed from the aoh by the aul saying the player wasn’t signed, In there League cup the AUL called the game off to give temple a free week and coachford apealed it rules said the league couldn’t call off the game so temple were removed from the cup and coachford were into the next round.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    That cup game that shouldn't have been played sounds a huge mistake.

I've also heard of teams getting massive favours in terms of weekends off that brings the competition into an unfair category.

Some teams are getting far more away games than home games too in 3 round leagues.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was at Shandon 2 Los Zarcos 2 in division 2 tonight, think that officially promotes both Shandon and Blackstone but those 2 teams on show tonight are by far the best in the division. Los Zarcos just given themselves too much to do too late in the season after a few slip ups. Amazingly their next game is also against Shandon, some of the fixture scheduling in the AUL is beyond ridiculous.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I was told once , if it smells like it an it looks like it , probably a good chance it is what ya think it is. We can't all be wrong .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Baller View Post
    Was at Shandon 2 Los Zarcos 2 in division 2 tonight, think that officially promotes both Shandon and Blackstone but those 2 teams on show tonight are by far the best in the division. Los Zarcos just given themselves too much to do too late in the season after a few slip ups. Amazingly their next game is also against Shandon, some of the fixture scheduling in the AUL is beyond ridiculous.
    It theory it doesn’t Blackstone must still bear Glenthorn B to be sure but that will be no problem.

Ya a few bad draws cost Los Zarcos
    I think you are right Los Zarcos and Shandon are the top 2 in the Division but Blackstone won a lot of games by a goal and did enough to get promoted.
    Shandon were a better team than Los Zarcos last year but now I think they are very much on par.

Shandons lack of legs in places is starting to show.

But in saying that they will be more than able in division 1

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    In all divisions, multiple games between the top sides have been left to the last part of the season and back to back

Imagine, no relegation to top it off!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    For the sake of clarity do elaborate because from the outside looking in Temple seem to have plenty of their own problems.
    heard temple are going MSL any truth to that?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    MSL Junior is the rumor.
    That Grey Goose may not even lift off next season.

Lads will talk in pubs , get all riled up an say we are getting back together but the reality is then someone has to be a grown up and take responsibility an then it all falls down.

There's a reason certain clubs are there the longest,,,,there more orgainsed,,,, the waifs an strays stay for a bit an win a league an a cup an have a glorious few seasons an there called United or Celtic something an then its back to a few pints an come on we call it something else an start again,,,,,but I suppose that's what the Aul has all been built on all these years.

The Northside is at a bit of a crossroads,,,,lots of clubs emerging an getting stronger an a few falling back , tis the way football goes , be interesting to see what happens .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Play it out View Post
    In all divisions, multiple games between the top sides have been left to the last part of the season and back to back

Imagine, no relegation to top it off!!!
    To be fair they had to do the no relegation as they needed to try and balance the divisions out.

Clubs refused promotions it was to only way to counter act this

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Look , sometimes your only option is a bad option.

Ya have to just get on with it an hope ya come out the other side better ,,,,but you have to learn from it or else its pointless.

We at least are here fighting the fight for the Aul .

We do care .

It's just it seems to fall on deaf ears.
    Pity really

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast