Page 92 of 118 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2355

Thread: 2022 Season, Arrivals and Departures

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    In the long, proud history of LOI stories I don't believe, "a Bundesliga club decided not to buy Danny Mandriou because he was too cheap" just might top the list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    In the mad world of football never mind LoI its that bizarre it could actually be true! We like that player but we're not going to sign him because he is too cheap, whack 100k minimum on to the transfer fee and we'll talk....

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    If they'd just left it at "they thought there was something wrong with him" they might not have been far wrong. On Graydon, I saw that 40k tweet but I don't know if the lad was taking the pee. He likes to do that on Twitter but he posts on here too so he can let us know himself if he wants to.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Sign of the times really. Players have agents who are inserting these release clauses, in order to get the player to sign longer term contracts. Mind you €30,000 has got to be one of the lowest ones I’ve seen mentioned.
    Really frustrating the whole release clause thing, sign a multi year deal but knowing they can walk is really hedging the bets for players. Its a tendency that needs to be broken by clubs with means to not be desperate enough to allow 1 season contracts or those with exit clauses. Then again if an employee of a club gives statutory notice to leave is any contract of value?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Mandriou out of contract at the end of the season anyway and was intent on running it down, was going to walk then regardless.

Assume we’d have rather kept him around until the end of the season and foregone the tiny buyout fee but it is what it is.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    We recouped the money we had to pay bohs and his goals won us a league so it's hard to be too upset here. Any club in the league would be happy enough with that return even if the fee is laughably small when you see how much Pats got for Burns. Generally we've done really well in the market though and this isn't a trend but a once off. Good luck to him. Rovers was good for him and he was good for Rovers.

I'm more worried about going into Europe without Byrne, Burke and now Mandroiu. If he wasn't injured I'd guess we would have kept him for at least the first tie. Now we look very light on creativity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Disappointing to lose Burns especially before a European match. The new lad Timmermans played for the u-19’s yesterday. Hopefully he turns out to be a decent signing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Disappointing to lose Burns especially before a European match. The new lad Timmermans played for the u-19’s yesterday. Hopefully he turns out to be a decent signing.
    Think we’ll need him to be if the rumours about Adam O’Reilly going to Italy are true. He would be a huge loss in my opinion.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Think we’ll need him to be if the rumours about Adam O’Reilly going to Italy are true. He would be a huge loss in my opinion.
    I’ve heard a few rumours on O’Reilly. The first was that he is out of contract soon the other was that he is due back at Preston soon. He is a vital player for us this year , his work rate is fantastic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Bolton in for Eoin Toal per Dan McDonnell..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    We recouped the money we had to pay bohs and his goals won us a league so it's hard to be too upset here. Any club in the league would be happy enough with that return even if the fee is laughably small when you see how much Pats got for Burns. Generally we've done really well in the market though and this isn't a trend but a once off. Good luck to him. Rovers was good for him and he was good for Rovers.

I'm more worried about going into Europe without Byrne, Burke and now Mandroiu. If he wasn't injured I'd guess we would have kept him for at least the first tie. Now we look very light on creativity.
    Beyond this weeks game for sure its a worry not having the preferred 1st 11 lads available. But really against Hibs Malta the players that are there should be good enough. If there are lads that feel they are senior players, but dressed up as 2nd team of equals, brought in 'cause others are unavailable - the likes of Towell isnt the sort of team player that would accept being considered a lesser player than An Other. Unlike Greene eg who is undoubtedly a squad man that just steps in when selected. no complaints. Mandroiu will be a loss at face value but him leaving could improve things with the overall squad mood.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Beyond this weeks game for sure its a worry not having the preferred 1st 11 lads available. But really against Hibs Malta the players that are there should be good enough. If there are lads that feel they are senior players, but dressed up as 2nd team of equals, brought in 'cause others are unavailable - the likes of Towell isnt the sort of team player that would accept being considered a lesser player than An Other. Unlike Greene eg who is undoubtedly a squad man that just steps in when selected. no complaints. Mandroiu will be a loss at face value but him leaving could improve things with the overall squad mood.
    Watching Rovers on Friday I’d say Watts and Gaffney will be the 2 they’ll need to play well to progress ,seemed to be the 2 running the show for them….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Bolton in for Eoin Toal per Dan McDonnell..
    Bid turned down. I wonder what the amount was.
    Toal is out of contract at the end of the year. I'd expect him to be playing abroad next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Bid turned down. I wonder what the amount was.
    Toal is out of contract at the end of the year. I'd expect him to be playing abroad next year.
    I though Bolton we’re broke so probably chanced their arm with a paltry bid. The clubs in league one seem to have realised that the Loi is a good source for players. Once the bids are appropriate it could be a good thing for clubs going forward.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Not sure about that Nesta but I wish I shared your optimism. Towell seems altogether too happy at times to be a bit part player and I haven't seen much evidence that Mandroiu was causing any issues within the squad. It'd be one thing if we were just losing him but having no Jack Byrne or Graham Burke is rough.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I've no idea what your $hiteing about in regards to mandriou affecting the mood of the Rovers camp, but whatever you think you've heard, it's utter rubbish.
    The reason this Rovers team are going to win 3 leagues in a row is because of the togetherness of the squad.
    All that being said I agree with your assertion that the loss of the 3 main players shouldn't detract from the belief that Rovers should be beating these Maltese lads. No excuses.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Watching Rovers on Friday I’d say Watts and Gaffney will be the 2 they’ll need to play well to progress ,seemed to be the 2 running the show for them….
    Bang on, our two in-form players at the moment and both would walk into any other LOI side so no need to panic (hopefully!)
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

19. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    The reason this Rovers team are going to win 3 leagues in a row is because of the togetherness of the squad
    In fairness, the rest of the league being ****e has probably helped too there.

Anyways, Hibs are missing players too so should really be no excuses for this one. But not ideal to be losing key players for the important games ahead alright

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    I've no idea what your $hiteing about in regards to mandriou affecting the mood of the Rovers camp, but whatever you think you've heard, it's utter rubbish.
    The reason this Rovers team are going to win 3 leagues in a row is because of the togetherness of the squad.
    All that being said I agree with your assertion that the loss of the 3 main players shouldn't detract from the belief that Rovers should be beating these Maltese lads. No excuses.
    Bit cranky PC, stressed about tonights game? You should be better settled after that 3rd goal! Regardless of what I have heard it is simply common sense that unsettled players, refusal to consider new contracts, leaving mid season and so on, can and does unsettle a squad. Its disruptive especially if an important player, more so if carrying a few injuries. The reason rovers are going to win 3 in a row is not because of togetherness, there's a little more to it than that as i'm sure you will agree.

As for what I have heard, not what I thought I heard, is that there are few unsettled players. Not actually name checked but oth above has made the observation that Towell seems too happy to be a bit part player, which i presume is inferring a lack of form or disinterest, hence maybe isnt the happiest at not being an automatic starter. Its actually another player that was said to be having a few issues; Its hardly unusual in a squad that there will be a couple of lads that dont get on but maybe Rovers are the exception Not every post is an attack on your sensitivities PC - what also could be taken from my post, Rovers should win even with missing players, players not being happy with game time, Greene just gets on with things and steps up when asks, a want away player that that the club would want to keep, when leaves might be minimise disruption, (gets other players games) and a morale boost...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    I was actually saying Towell is altogether too happy Nesta... I'd like to see him demand to be the main man and step up a bit but I'm not sure he has it in him. He works hard but he looks a bit out of sync with the team at times.

Page 92 of 118 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast